Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are we the ignorant observers 🤣. Kai could dance with the exhumed remains of Bruce Forsyth and these weirdos would insist they had more chemistry than him and Nadiya.
C51827A4-698A-400D-AB3D-EA10ADD5CCF0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Are we the ignorant observers 🤣. Kai could dance with the exhumed remains of Bruce Forsyth and these weirdos would insist they had more chemistry than him and Nadiya.
View attachment 1694338
I’m howling at the belief that these deluded psychos are the ‘enlightened few’, as opposed to the ‘ignorant observers’ who lack such superior cerebral insight.

They’re not right in the head.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oof. I'm still gutted for Nina - she had a lot more to give and I was excited to see what she could do. I still think Neil should have had Katie and vice versa - Katie was a bit doofy and would have suited Neil better and Gorka could have got good dances out of Nina.

The way the shows are rigged is both surprising and unsurprising. It must be really hard to be a dance judge and have to judge things based on what production tells you, even when you don't actually believe it. I do think Craig fights it ie with Tyler but I imagine it's exhausting.
I agree that Gorka most likely would have gotten Nina further than Neil did. It's a shame for all involved that those pairings seem to have come about based on location and pairing the spares, rather than the best fit.

I go back and forth on thinking the bonkers marking is producer mandated, or whether it's the judges trying to counteract each other - i.e. Craig scoring lower than he really thinks it deserves because he knows Anton's going to give a 9 for wearing a top hat or some such rubbish, and the others, especially Motsi and Anton scoring higher than they really think because they anticipate Craig being overly harsh.

Reactions: 8
Watching results show back today with kids - the dancing around the guest singer - Rina doing her tour routine in a chainmail apron - was appalling until the did a bit of partner faffing. Couldn’t believe they were pros… it was bad.

Reactions: 7
Just back from guising with the kids, but thanks to everyone for filling me in on the spare troos, and crocs! It's wild, I was on these threads last year and don't remember any of that 🤣🤣 Think I've blocked out the whole Tom and Amy horror story!

Watching results show back today with kids - the dancing around the guest singer - Rina doing her tour routine in a chainmail apron - was appalling until the did a bit of partner faffing. Couldn’t believe they were pros… it was bad.
I do wonder if she was a last minute fill-in for another act who pulled out, it all seemed a bit cobbled together.

But I loved that she was in on the pro dance (and sang at the same time!). Much better than most of the guest turns.

So far we have:
Ellie T & Johannes: Rumba - Alone
Ellie S & Nikita: Charleston - Too Darn Hot
Molly & Carlos: Foxtrot - You Make Me Happy
Helen & Gorka: Jive
Tyler & Dianne; Viennese Waltz
Will & Nancy: Quickstep

I think sometimes people look at her credentials and think oh well she's one of the most decorated Pros (not forgetting Neil + Katya and Nadiya all have world titles) therefore she is one of the best. But that doesn't always translate into being a good pro.
Personality, skill at teaching beginners and choreography count for far more. Oti and Giovanni are far more successful as Strictly Pros but both had less competition success than Amy.
I think Amy's teaching style is better suited to teaching children and she hasn't adapted as well to teaching celebs in a week as some other pros.

Has nikita always worn earrings? can't say I've noticed it before but it's a good look 🤔🙂
And the glasses story isn't as funny as they think it is just say they broke, got fixed and move on to the next sentence.
He's had them for a while, but not since last series.

I think part of it is that jeans aren't good for dancing in, but yeah it wasn't great.

Reactions: 5
I like kai and nadiya, she is a fantastic dancer. I can’t understand how you base a tour on a love story after being with someone for 5 minutes.
I hope AJ goes to see the tour though, just to shut DS up

Reactions: 6
View attachment 1694338
Honestly, seeing them dancing live at the pro tour the chemistry was sizzling! Kai did a bit of almost presenting it and he did well and I learned more about Nadiya than the rest of the time she’s been on the show put together. I would definitely go and see them.

People are really weird.

Reactions: 12
I like kai and nadiya, she is a fantastic dancer. I can’t understand how you base a tour on a love story after being with someone for 5 minutes.
I hope AJ goes to see the tour though, just to shut DS up
Honestly these shows are pretty much all produced/organised by the same people there is very little authenticity too them, they are just money spinners. The bonus is you get to see the Pros dance to their full potential.

Reactions: 8
The S*n saying there was a feud between Craig, Shirley & Motsi.

Thoughts? Probably something small that is exaggerated but I have wondered if Craig is beginning to tire of the show and his fellow judges. He doesn't mesh with the Shirley, Motsi, Anton panel as well as he did when he was accompanied by Arlene/Darcey, Len & Bruno.

Something is deffos up with Motsi this past couple of weeks. Could be a behind the scenes spat with Craig, might be something else.

Reactions: 2
i haven’t listened to it yet, but she was on the Fortunately podcast and my mum said she said something about ‘seeing behind the curtain’ making it harder to watch Strictly now, and it sounded like she maybe hadn’t had the best experience. Whether that was due to Giovanni I don’t know.
Wasn’t Ranvir meeting (and subsequently shagging) her new man during Strictly? So it can’t have been all bad 😆

I imagine Kai and Nadiya are going for the Anton and Erin market, or Aljaz and Janette. Both of those tours seem to do well.

Reactions: 4
Think James is quite relieved to be out TBH. Not sure Amy feels the same.
Is it just me or has Any seemed off this year,is she unwell?she seems a lot quieter,I'd assumed in the first couple of weeks that it was because she didn't get along with James but it's obvious they get along very well, maybe her illness is playing up who knows

Is it just me or has Any seemed off this year,is she unwell?she seems a lot quieter,I'd assumed in the first couple of weeks that it was because she didn't get along with James but it's obvious they get along very well, maybe her illness is playing up who knows
I think perhaps now she's married things don't matter as much. She might want to concentrate more on her dance school and family of Tom and Giovanna and Woody and Buzz and Luke Skywalker and Sara and Aljaz and Janette and Viscountess Weymouth bringing up the rear.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm haunted by the idea she's a witch which makes me confused as she comes across as so nice (if exhausting)

Charleston - I bet that will be good!
At least Fleur and Vito get a Rylan interview..

I want to spill so much more tea about her but worried about my source being indetified. She's done horrible things.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.