Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comment from Kristina . .
Didn't really have a high opinion of her before, but that's pretty much sealed the deal. How horrible

Also find it a bit rich that James Jordan - a man who put out a horrible tweet about refugees only the other day - is lecturing others about compassion

Reactions: 15
Didn't really have a high opinion of her before, but that's pretty much sealed the deal. How horrible

Also find it a bit rich that James Jordan - a man who put out a horrible tweet about refugees only the other day - is lecturing others about compassion
James is just a massive troll - he's always trying to be controversial with his opinions.

Reactions: 7
Was he around the same time as Pasha? He has posted about his tour, tbh he rarely posts on social media. Although his wife Rachel Riley is usually very outspoken on twitter, she is rather quiet.

Was he around the same time as Pasha? He has posted about his tour, tbh he rarely posts on social media. Although his wife Rachel Riley is usually very outspoken on twitter, she is rather quiet.
Yeah they would have actually - Pasha started in 2011 and James finished in 2013 according to Wiki. I forgot Pasha was Russian, I’m so dazzled but his gorgeousness he could have been born on the moon 😍

His daughter’s better now so he’ll have to feed his massive need for attention elsewhere

Reactions: 2
I can't stand Rachel Riley but tbf she has done a few tweets about Ukraine.

There is even, gasp, some criticism on the DS AT of Gio's ill-timed thirst trap. Doubtless order will be restored shortly once LadyL has her first sherry of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can't stand Rachel Riley but tbf she has done a few tweets about Ukraine.

There is even, gasp, some criticism on the DS AT of Gio's ill-timed thirst trap. Doubtless order will be restored shortly once LadyL has her first sherry of the day.
For a moment I thought you meant LL herself had criticised Gio and I was absolutely shocked!

I just had a glance at the appreciation thread and it’s nice to see some fans being willing to criticise him for his unnecessary thirst trap and the lack of captions on his IG story. I’ve never understood the idea that being a fan of someone means you should never take notice of their mistakes.

Reactions: 6
I had a look at Kristina's twitter - Jesus, she is full of far-right propaganda. Awful stuff. Having said that, Shirley has also appeared on GB News so she can get in the bin too.

I now stan Nikita and only him: a glorious short king.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
For a moment I thought you meant LL herself had criticised Gio and I was absolutely shocked!

I just had a glance at the appreciation thread and it’s nice to see some fans being willing to criticise him for his unnecessary thirst trap and the lack of captions on his IG story. I’ve never understood the idea that being a fan of someone means you should never take notice of their mistakes.
Ah, LadyL has now intervened to assure everyone that this thirst trap (an old one at that that he reposted) is in fact his commentary on the situation in Ukraine! the contortions!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
How can anybody say "I don't give a tit about the war"
Well, Kristina has only ever been interested in pursuing what she wants regardless of collateral fall-out, so I can’t imagine she will give a tit about anything unless she’s directly impacted. 🤷‍♀️

JJ will say anything as long as gets him some attention and raises his profile so that he and Ola can keep up the media grifting.

Most ex-pros have moved into other lines of work, set up their own studios, etc. The Jordans only seem to have reality tv and low-rent media to keep them going.

Reactions: 8
I do kinda agree with James there - Shirley basically said the same thing yesterday so I'm not sure why she is calling him out for saying it himself.

I'm trying not to judge pros who aren't speaking out, particularly if Russian and having families potentially at risk but I really find the way Kristina was talking to be deplorable. How self absorbed can you be to be rambling about your financial woes and literally saying you don't give a sh*t about a war?

A number of the DWTS pros are now in the firing line from Val Chmerkovskiy - he's called the Russian speaking pros who haven't commented "spineless little witches". Understandable that he's pissed and probably fairly distressed given Maks' situation but these pros may have safety reasons for not speaking out and I hope that once it blows over, they can look past their differences and see each other's side of the story. Sadly though, I have a feeling that this is really going to cause some division in the ballroom world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It is fascinating (obviously beyond the immediate tragedy) to see who is stepping up and who remains silent. Two weeks ago they were all going on about how the tour had made everyone friends for life. Now Nikita is desperately posting stuff about his homeland and very few pros or celebs have responded.
Having said that, Nadiya is mainly ignoring it.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t like to think any of them don’t care, and I do think sometimes they can’t win - they write public messages and are accused of over sharing, they contact them in private (which hopefully they have done) and some people may think they don’t care (I’m meaning birthday messages, “congrats on winning” messages etc)

And this is totally incomparable but Nadiya got an unwarranted hard time over seeing Kai, she maybe is concerned that whatever she says will bring the negative spotlight back on her when it’s probably the last thing she needs. Thankfully that tit show has died down or else the paps/weird people would be following her around taking pictures and creating a narrative on how sad she looked.

I can’t imagine how scary it must be for anyone involved but it shows now that IG is the way of the world and regardless of the heartache, people with platforms are choosing to stir the pot when they’ve got no idea what anyone connected to the Ukraine or Russia are going through. And it’s maybe an age thing but I didn’t really give who said what a second thought until it was mentioned here.

Reactions: 3
I don’t blame anyone for staying silent in times like these. I do however think if you’re going to make statements like “I don’t give a tit about war” when children are being ripped from their families you deserve to be classed as a pig ignorant piece of crap.

Reactions: 15
I don’t blame anyone for staying silent in times like these. I do however think if you’re going to make statements like “I don’t give a tit about war” when children are being ripped from their families you deserve to be classed as a pig ignorant piece of crap.
Yep. This warrants anger and judgment, silence does not.

Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t like to think any of them don’t care, and I do think sometimes they can’t win - they write public messages and are accused of over sharing, they contact them in private (which hopefully they have done) and some people may think they don’t care (I’m meaning birthday messages, “congrats on winning” messages etc)
I don't think it's comparable though to reposting useful info when you have a huge platform (Gio for example has by far the most followers of all the pros, 7 times as many as Nikita on insta). That's just been my point - that it is a simple thing that doesn't involve taking sides or compromising oneself, especially if you haven't family in Russia.
Anyway, this has turned me off certain pros and celebs, but I appreciate that not everyone feels as I do.

Reactions: 1
I don't think it's comparable though to reposting useful info when you have a huge platform (Gio for example has by far the most followers of all the pros, 7 times as many as Nikita on insta). That's just been my point - that it is a simple thing that doesn't involve taking sides or compromising oneself, especially if you haven't family in Russia.
Anyway, this has turned me off certain pros and celebs, but I appreciate that not everyone feels as I do.
But where does it say that everyone has to comment on it? What if someone unwittingly quoted a “wrong” source? Or shared a link to a scam charity by mistake?

Giovanni could donate a million pounds to the people of Ukraine and it still wouldn’t be enough! I forgot I follow Aljaz too - I saw he had a story saying his heart was broken for Ukraine the other day. I may have missed it but Gorka hasn’t posted anything that I’ve seen and he has 688,000 followers.

I appreciate where you’re coming from but I don’t think it’s right people are being dragged for maybe thinking “do you know what, I don’t know enough about the situation to comment. I’ve text Nikita/Nadiya every day, they know I care”. Or some people are just selfish arseholes in the same way some people will be posting stories for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 4
But where does it say that everyone has to comment on it? What if someone unwittingly quoted a “wrong” source? Or shared a link to a scam charity by mistake?

Giovanni could donate a million pounds to the people of Ukraine and it still wouldn’t be enough! I forgot I follow Aljaz too - I saw he had a story saying his heart was broken for Ukraine the other day. I may have missed it but Gorka hasn’t posted anything that I’ve seen and he has 688,000 followers.

I appreciate where you’re coming from but I don’t think it’s right people are being dragged for maybe thinking “do you know what, I don’t know enough about the situation to comment. I’ve text Nikita/Nadiya every day, they know I care”. Or some people are just selfish arseholes in the same way some people will be posting stories for the wrong reasons.
I don’t think anyone would criticise someone for sharing in good faith a misleading source. And Gio and others are only getting (mildly) dragged on here - it’s not a massive thing. And if he donated a million pounds to Ukraine he’d be a huge hero and LadyLav wouldn’t have to keep pretending he’s sending secret signals via his topless pics!

My feeling is if you use SM to enhance your brand fans have a right to be somewhat disappointed if you don’t use it for good. Gorka did post a story, though practical links would be better.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.