Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. I really feel for him. I don’t want to be too judgmental but Luba’s story earlier seemed really tone deaf

Reactions: 5
Yes. I really feel for him. I don’t want to be too judgmental but Luba’s story earlier seemed really tone deaf
I think, as a previous poster said, they have to be careful saying anything about Russia. Katya hasn't said anything yet either. It's worth remembering that their country is run by an absolute megalomaniac nutter - look at what happened to the protesters today.

I think, as a previous poster said, they have to be careful saying anything about Russia. Katya hasn't said anything yet either. It's worth remembering that their country is run by an absolute megalomaniac nutter - look at what happened to the protesters today.
No I totally agree. I don't expect them to say anything critical, though lots of Russian celebs have posted vague 'we want peace' statements. I just think posting a pic of yourself with the caption 'happy happy girl' feels off. Just read the room, maybe, Luba.

Isn't Katya's Dad mega rich too?
Yeah, Wikipedia describes him as a 'senior oil company executive', which could mean he is close to the government. God, I miss the days when we were just laughing at Dr. Be rather than analysing geopolitical developments.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, Wikipedia describes him as a 'senior oil company executive', which could mean he is close to the government. God, I miss the days when we were just laughing at Dr. Be rather than analysing geopolitical developments.
Dr. Be is still going - believes that Strictly will never hire another black female pro again and that Craig was happy to see Oti gone. Deranged rubbish.

At least vaguely entertaining though compared to other stuff.

Reactions: 4
My heart absolutely breaks for him - and for everyone going through this hell. He must feel so helpless being over here, with all his family stuck. I can’t fathom it 😔
So awful, poor Nikita. I hope his grandma is safe.

I feel really bad for Maks and Val's parents too. They fled Ukraine to give their kids better lives, and now things have gone downhill so suddenly one is stuck in the middle of a warzone anyway.

And of course, Maks' wife and son. Thank god they're not still there, at least.

Reactions: 3
Nikita's sister who is a dancer on the Italian version of Strictly posted some videos last night saying that their grandparents are safe but that the Russian tanks have passed within a few hundred metres from their apartment block in Kyiv. :cry:

Ooh, Shirley, girl! I understand the pros who have tours promoting them, but would it kill them to say something supportive too? Gio merrily posting thirst traps feels a bit gross.

Reactions: 2
Ooh, Shirley, girl! I understand the pros who have tours promoting them, but would it kill them to say something supportive too? Gio merrily posting thirst traps feels a bit gross.
Ah but he’s ‘reflecting’.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm sure LadyLavender will come up with a complex rationale that explains that his pic is actually subtly referring to the theme of the mirror in classic Ukrainian fiction, or something..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When is Gio ever not posting thirst traps? His Instagram is so boring if you don't fancy him :sleep:😆
I always follow Giovanni during Strictly and then unfollow once it’s over because the endless thirst trap posts are just dull. There is no one that man loves more than himself.

Good for Shirley for calling people out. Hopefully it makes some of them think. Touring after two years away is a big deal so I don’t begrudge people posting about their work but it takes a minute to share about Ukraine too. And you’d hope the pros would want to post since they have such huge platforms and they have colleagues with a personal connection to what is happening. Sharing a donation link is easy but can make a real difference. Nikita shared the Red Cross appeal yesterday and I donated. If I did that, I’m sure plenty of other people will have done the same.

(It’s not important right now but Nikita seems like a really lovely guy and he’ll have my vote if he’s got a semi-decent partner next series.)

Reactions: 12
Gio's Instagram really is narcissistic. He's basically our version of Gleb, just better at choreo.

Would be more than happy if he followed fellow 2015 recruit Oti out the door.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.