Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KeriRhys

VIP Member
I hope they're both okay and remain asymptomatic and recover quickly!
Bit gutted it's happened so early in the series, I hope the show is taking all the precautions they can!!

I daresay Tom playing indoor gigs with thousand of people increased their risk...

Reactions: 21

glasgow27

VIP Member
I just think it was a bad idea to let Tom combine SCD with touring this year and not fair to Amy to make her do it as well considering her health. None of us can say for certain where he caught it but the increased risk was always there.

Lilu22

VIP Member
How much do you want to bet that if Tom makes it to Musicals week, he’ll get Back To The Future and do a jive to Johnny B Goode? Or something to The Power of Love?

The show.
I’ve been to a recording and the Saturday show is definitely live. They do a full run-through of the show on a Saturday afternoon before the audience comes in.

Filming wrapped around 10/10:30 when I went. Since the Sunday show isn’t live, the musical act was filmed before the live show. We got to have a break for drinks/toilet between the live show ending and them resuming filming for the results show with the pro dances and results being recorded.
I’m baffled anyone thinks the Saturday show isn’t live. Mic-gate, ‘the hills are alive with the sound of bullshit’, ‘LIVE from the BBC …’, etc.

Though I am tickled by the idea that they all rock up around 5:30, slap on a bit of lippy and a wig, and they’re good to go at 7pm 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Tom's already unlikeable with many viewers and so the last thing he needs is an arrogant partner arguing with the judge's. The viewers didn't like it with James Jordan and Brendan and it'll only send him home earlier. I think the previous poster is right about her jealousy of Dianne as there were rumours of Amy's behaviour on the tour and she's had some sort of personality transplant since.

I was pleasantly shocked by John's ability but on his twitter James Jordan is alluding to the fact John has a lot of previous experience. Anyone heard of this before? Personally I don't care as long as they're entertaining
Ooh forgot completely to see what JJ had to say! Will check his comments out soon...
What p!ssed me off about Amy & Tom was their appearance at the gig/gigs...the bloody mc fly vote could keep them in longer than they deserve.

I was glad there was no vote last night , so many amazing performances, Rose is a little doll, AJ was great, John &Jojo stunning! Adam amazing ... Katie not bad. Rhys ok, Dan better than expected

Ugo, melted my heart, how did he dance
after his dads funeral❤..

The judges 🙄 Shirley such a cow, Judi got 6 and Rose only 4... 🙄🙄
Mr Anton Du Beke 👏 Vibes of head judge about him, he looked the part, was fair and consistent....made the lemon on his right look like a sour old cow ...

Rainbow_rhythms

I love the jive (watching Gio jive is one of my favourite parts of Strictly) and I’ve rewatched that pro jive numerous times over the years. It’s a superb routine. I wish Strictly could strike a balance between the flashier pro routines and ones where they just let the professionals dance. They’re so talented. Let them show that talent rather than always bogging them down with props and costumes and tenuous themes.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but my fave jive was Jay and Aliona. Absolutely incredible

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I really enjoyed the show but I have to say I prefer it when there are less couples.It goes on for too long in the first few weeks. My faves were AJ & Kai, Rose & Gio and I really enjoyed watching Johannes & John and Adam & Katya. How the hell has Tess still got that gig, she’s bloody dreadful. Wasn't keen on Anton as a pro as I think he became a parody of himself , but thought he slotted in well with the judges tonight.

edited for typos!

Last edited:

SunnyScotland

Chatty Member
Ugh. Please no Ore and Joanne. Never have a pair been so smug and never has there been such bloody favourites. DANNY MAC SHOULD HAVE WON and I know I bring it up a lot, but I am not over it!
Danny Mac was incredible. Ore was a stupid cry baby and Joanne, even more irritating than her brother, says it all.

Reactions: 20

MollyMalone

VIP Member
Kai was on the Irish version of Strictly, Dancing With the Stars and was an utter delight! I fell madly in love with him 😍 fabulous dancer and choreographer and just all round nice guy! Love him. I hope he and AJ go far! They we're phenomenal Saturday night 🕺💃

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think this series has the potential to have some great dancers and some proper competition.

AJ was my favourite tonight.

jfletcher

VIP Member
I hope Tom and Amy are both okay and recover quickly. Amy is already more vulnerable health-wise so testing positive must be a worry. Her competitiveness is irritating but I’d rather she be out there gunning for the glitterball than stuck isolating for the next week.

The BBC needs to think carefully and ensure they have enough protections in place to stop it spreading. They managed well last year with only Nicola and Katya having to drop out.

Calabria

VIP Member
Omg how arrogant is Amy in this!!!! :eek::eek::eek::

oof. It was like they were trying not to make eye contact with each other, but not because they don’t like each other if you get me…

also, bless Ugo dancing and dedicating it to his Dad 😢