Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #3 And so it begins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they might park Graziano in the 'safe pair of hands for the middle aged or older lady celeb' role a la Robin Windsor. I wonder if he'll be doing daft comedy routines in place of Anton from here on out 🤭

I could see him embracing it if it means he stays off the bench - his partnership with Judi looks lighthearted and fun.

Tbh I didn't take to him when he danced with Vick Hope (I don't think she did either judging by her comments). His choreo was abysmal and he danced off the beat!
I got the impression he was another Burn the Floor alum with no experience in the competitive ballroom/latin world (off to look up his bio now).

Reactions: 7
Ok folks, as I have way too much time on my hands I've made us a bingo card of all your suggestions, get your shots ready :ROFLMAO:
I'm wetting myself, you're in my head. I thought I was the only one who groaned about all of those strictly irritating phrases.
Once the "nan" card is played that celeb is on my cross list

Reactions: 6
I irrationally HATE it when Tess points out the audience are on their feet. The dancers have eyes, they can see, they know. FFS woman SHUT UP. I honestly think she’s a crap presenter, she can read the auto cue but she can’t ad-lib or banter like Claudia can. Claudia never really knows what the celeb or dancer will say but she carries it, no way could Tess do that.
And the sob stories 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ When Alexandra Burke had lost her mum and was genuinely in grief and pushed on with the show she got attacked for it, yet bloody Joe Sugg pulled his old nan out of the retirement home and got hailed a hero. Does my head in!

Reactions: 16
I irrationally HATE it when Tess points out the audience are on their feet. The dancers have eyes, they can see, they know. FFS woman SHUT UP. I honestly think she’s a crap presenter, she can read the auto cue but she can’t ad-lib or banter like Claudia can. Claudia never really knows what the celeb or dancer will say but she carries it, no way could Tess do that.
And the sob stories 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ When Alexandra Burke had lost her mum and was genuinely in grief and pushed on with the show she got attacked for it, yet bloody Joe Sugg pulled his old nan out of the retirement home and got hailed a hero. Does my head in!
I think its telling that Tess doesn't have any other presenting gigs apart from Strictly. I've no idea why she's still even got that gig. She's so robotic🤖

Reactions: 16
This will be my first year watching religiously, is the show live? Or is it recorded the day before or something?

This will be my first year watching religiously, is the show live? Or is it recorded the day before or something?
Saturday night is live. Then they wait a few hours and film the results show late on Sat. But it doesn’t air until Sunday so no one is supposed to mention the results and they say “last night” a lot to make it seem like it’s a Sunday results show. Pointless. Esp as it’s easy to find a spoiler and know who goes if you really want to!

Reactions: 6
The first thing my mum does on a Sunday is look up the Strictly spoiler and acts smug all day because she's "in the know" haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I look up the spoiler too because I can't be bothered with the results show. I preferred it when it was the same night

Reactions: 14
I hate the results show, the only good thing is seeing the pro group dance at the beginning and a celeb singer with a couple of pros dancing whilst trying not to take the limelight away from the guest singer.

Reactions: 4
I look up the spoiler too because I can't be bothered with the results show. I preferred it when it was the same night
Yep, I read the spoiler on the night. I'm not interested in watching the recap, the dance off or pros wafting around an awkward looking singer.

Reactions: 7
I used to tune into the results show for the incredible ballroom and latin pro numbers (opening dance and music guest number, as above!)

They've even spoiled that for me now by doing some OTT musical theatre thing *every week* with way too many dancers crowded into the studio space and a dizzying array of props and 'scenery'/CGI.

Followed by a contemptowaft/messy street-fusion number (often featuring Neil 😂) to the music guest!

They ought to get some ballroom/latin couples on from the competitive circuit or top tier dance schools. It's apparent the pro roster can no longer execute ballroom and latin dances without resorting to musical theatre all the time (it's definitely the producers' preference but I swear the wuality/ability has dropped when you compare with the first 10yrs or so of the show!).

Rant over!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Saturday night is live. Then they wait a few hours and film the results show late on Sat. But it doesn’t air until Sunday so no one is supposed to mention the results and they say “last night” a lot to make it seem like it’s a Sunday results show. Pointless. Esp as it’s easy to find a spoiler and know who goes if you really want to!
Great, thank you!

Reactions: 2
I'm wondering which female celeb she's going to take against this year. I suspect Katie as she doesn't seem to like soap actresses very much. Also low-key concerned she's going to give the 'mature lady' treatment to Sara, even though Sara is 37
i was so shocked sara is only 37, her hair and styling really ages her! hope they glam her up, she’s still young!

Reactions: 12
I don’t know why they still persist with the Sunday show when it’s clearly NOT on a Sunday and everyone knows it’s not , and to avert people looking up the spoiler.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.