Strictly come Dancing 2021 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never mind the leaderboard I actually think it might be AJ and Rhys in the dance off. The other two couples have never been in the bottom two.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Tactically gave my 3 votes to Rhys. John is by far the weakest dancer left imo, although at this stage I'm happy with whoever wins (although Rose has my heart, especially after that AT)

Reactions: 16
It’s the Semi Finals baby! Going back to catch up with your comments but my hot take on the SF:

Rhys and Nancy Tango - not a patch on his AT. All the power seemed to come from the song. He just always looks so disappointed with what they say (unless they’re fawning). Nice of his dad to introduce himself to Rhys 😂

Rhys and Nancy Samba - not as bad as I worried it would be. Shirl dancing like an old lush at a wedding. Tough dance but think he was a smidge overmarked.

Craig really wasn’t joking, I bet the Witches of Elstree were ripping Rhys a new hole off camera 😂

AJ and Kai Quickstep - beautiful, my favourite dance of theirs. Stunning dress (feathers were a bit distracting). 100% worth a 40.

AJ and Kai Rumba - I genuinely don’t think there’s anything sexual between them at all, they have a great chemistry but I don’t think as a couple couple. Looking forward to seeing their show dance (I hope it’s less disco and more ballroom-esque)

John and JoJo Couple’s Choice - the last thing I would want to do is offend anyone, and I’m painfully aware that I’m a heterosexual female so my opinion is really worthless. But I didn’t like it, I didn’t think there was much actual dancing. I wish they’d gone for a more uplifting take on what it’s like to be a gay man - not to minimise their experiences but because them doing this IS helping gay people nowadays (along with, hopefully, many other things). Their dance didn’t do it justice

The people who said Rose was pushing her deafness, I would be interested to know if they think John and JoJo are doing the same with their sexuality.

John and JoJo Jive - tough dance for him and I think he was overmarked. JoJo outshone him again. Rhys’ face when they panned into the crowd 😳. Genuinely don’t think they deserved a score of a point less than AJ and Rose

Rose and Gio Waltz - beautiful. She’s my favourite contestant of all time and her partnership with Gio is next level. Aww Anton 🥰

Rose and Gio AT - faultless. Impossible to tell she’s not a pro. That should be a dance in the final.

Shirley - “I just want to close my eyes and capture the moment and put it in a basket”
My husband - “oh duck off and record it like everyone else”

I think it will be Rhys’ Samba v John’s Jive and Rhys will go. All our online votes went to Rose and we phoned too - @Fillyjonk, you got me panicking that people will think she’s safe!
I agree with all of this!!
I found the couples choice boring and I felt in their jive that JoJo was doing it all, with his faces, while John just stands next to him! I’d actually rather they went than Rhys and Nancy personally. But I think it will be Rhys.

Thought there was definite over marking going on, not every dance was a 10. John and Rhys def should have got 8s and 9s.

Rose is an actual sweetheart and legend and deserving winner. I like AJ and Kai, but I think Rose will take it next week.

I voted twice for Rose and once for AJ. Will get my husband to do it too 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s the Semi Finals baby! Going back to catch up with your comments but my hot take on the SF:

Rhys and Nancy Tango - not a patch on his AT. All the power seemed to come from the song. He just always looks so disappointed with what they say (unless they’re fawning). Nice of his dad to introduce himself to Rhys 😂

Rhys and Nancy Samba - not as bad as I worried it would be. Shirl dancing like an old lush at a wedding. Tough dance but think he was a smidge overmarked.

Craig really wasn’t joking, I bet the Witches of Elstree were ripping Rhys a new hole off camera 😂

AJ and Kai Quickstep - beautiful, my favourite dance of theirs. Stunning dress (feathers were a bit distracting). 100% worth a 40.

AJ and Kai Rumba - I genuinely don’t think there’s anything sexual between them at all, they have a great chemistry but I don’t think as a couple couple. Looking forward to seeing their show dance (I hope it’s less disco and more ballroom-esque)

John and JoJo Couple’s Choice - the last thing I would want to do is offend anyone, and I’m painfully aware that I’m a heterosexual female so my opinion is really worthless. But I didn’t like it, I didn’t think there was much actual dancing. I wish they’d gone for a more uplifting take on what it’s like to be a gay man - not to minimise their experiences but because them doing this IS helping gay people nowadays (along with, hopefully, many other things). Their dance didn’t do it justice

The people who said Rose was pushing her deafness, I would be interested to know if they think John and JoJo are doing the same with their sexuality.

John and JoJo Jive - tough dance for him and I think he was overmarked. JoJo outshone him again. Rhys’ face when they panned into the crowd 😳. Genuinely don’t think they deserved a score of a point less than AJ and Rose

Rose and Gio Waltz - beautiful. She’s my favourite contestant of all time and her partnership with Gio is next level. Aww Anton 🥰

Rose and Gio AT - faultless. Impossible to tell she’s not a pro. That should be a dance in the final.

Shirley - “I just want to close my eyes and capture the moment and put it in a basket”
My husband - “oh duck off and record it like everyone else”

I think it will be Rhys’ Samba v John’s Jive and Rhys will go. All our online votes went to Rose and we phoned too - @Fillyjonk, you got me panicking that people will think she’s safe!
Surely John will chose his CC for the Dance-off?

2 x AJ
1 x Rose for me.
I’ve had a bet on Rose winning from before the series started but I’d love AJ to win

Reactions: 2
A few thoughts:

John was overmarked for both dances. I found his CC VT very moving, bit the dance was so clunky. And his jive was an 8 at best. Just think of all those amazing 10 jives in past series - it wasn't anywhere near that standard (but I do still love you John)

Rhys did well, but there was at least one mistake in his samba and it felt like he was ahead of the beat in some sections. Also, it was just messy. And throughout the tango, it just looked like Nancy was leading him

AJ was fantastic, but I just didn't get WOW vibes from either dance. She just still looks a bit tense to me and has lost a bit of the spark she had in her Charleston

Both of Rose's dances is were 40-worthy. Just outstanding!

Gorka and Aljaz dicking about in the background tho 🥰🥰🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
That Argentine Tango - I had to watch it again. It was wonderful. She was so good.

One of the pros on the side after looked like she was crying was it Katya? Hands over fzce

Reactions: 5
I assume it was there last dance so they didn’t have to change again?
I think they get to choose - I defo remember Ranvir doing her waltz last year, as the jive was ofc a disaster, so she must have gone and got changed as soon as they were called.

Of course they would choose their higher scoring dance, I guess. For JJ they both scored the same, but the CC had more emotional impact. For Rhys it's the samba, his second dance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
A few thoughts:

John was overmarked for both dances. I found his CC VT very moving, bit the dance was so clunky. And his jive was an 8 at best. Just think of all those amazing 10 jives in past series - it wasn't anywhere near that standard (but I do still love you John)

Rhys did well, but there was at least one mistake in his samba and it felt like he was ahead of the beat in some sections. Also, it was just messy. And throughout the tango, it just looked like Nancy was leading him

AJ was fantastic, but I just didn't get WOW vibes from either dance. She just still looks a bit tense to me and has lost a bit of the spark she had in her Charleston

Both of Rose's dances is were 40-worthy. Just outstanding!

Gorka and Aljaz dicking about in the background tho 🥰🥰🥰

Has Gorka worn this shirt every week since he was voted out? I’m pretty sure every time I see him he’s in this shirt?!

Reactions: 5
just got mr kcc to get a bbc login for another 3 votes! can't believe I didn't think of it before!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Who were the two woman sitting with the pros that had masks on? They looked older and I didn’t recognise them at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.