Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who knew Matt Hancock was a little bugger either?
Most of Whitehall and the press apparently. The press will never expose an affair unless it’s in the public interest though, which his obviously was but they couldn’t actually report on it until they had real evidence so they dropped lots of hints. Lots of random stories about him and his children and his wife just doing everyday stuff and not actually breaking the rules but trying to imply he was, and even a story about him hiring his old Uni friend and how ‘inseparable’ they were. That one was basically saying ‘look they’re shagging’.

Once you know how the press operate you’ll notice they do this kind of thing a lot. Write very seemingly random stories about people and you’ll go WTF is that all about and what are they trying to say. They do it all the time.

Dan shagging his pro would be the ultimate Strictly scandal I’ve got to say. The wholesome god botherer who was so devout he wouldn’t even wear a Halloween costume… I’m hoping I’m wrong of course but nothing would surprise me anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
His control is way better, but as I said before, no chemistry between him and Nancy. There was gapping the whole time as if he was scared of getting too close. If there is a time to get up close it is an AT.
Did you not see their smouldering look at the end of their routine last night? Much more steamy than AJ & Kai ever did!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m actually starting to get really bored of and irritated by John and I don’t really know why
Same. I can’t quite articulate why. I feel he doesn’t show his emotions through the dance enough. He’s like a hi tech robot executing moves.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Finally looked up what "shipper" and "shipping" means, yeh I feel old! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just caught up! Doing an @aimzalicious inspired post 💅🏻

J&J - SO fun. I love Johannes. Styled out the wrong hand lift well I thought!

Dead at Brian Cox doing the t&c’s 💀 May as well have got Russell Crowe back.

Rhys & Nancy - Nancy looked HOT. I would totally wear that dress. Nice to see Rhys do a calm dance. But what was that moment at the end 👁👃🏻👁

Rose & Gio - Both looked gorg. Not a fan of the AS but it was good! Bloody Shirley leering over the desk and saying she ‘blocked the noise out’. Decorum of a reversing dump truck.

Why does Gorka pretend to be still 💀

Dan & Nadiya - I was bored and it nearly made me fall asleep.

AJ & Kai - It felt a bit Blackpool 😐 Not her best. OMG I’m sorry but the lift attempt creased me.

dropping-fail.gif

Looking forward to results!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Maybe I'm alone but I really didn't think Shirley saying Rose 'blocked the noise out' was a howler - I think what she possibly meant is that there was a very charged atmosphere after Rhys' dance, the audience were going wild, the dance itself was passionate. And then Rose has to come out and do a light and airy American Smooth and totally change the tone. I don't think she literally meant 'blocked out the noise', I think she meant it more as a figure of speech - she blocked out the mood and the vibes of the room and did what she had to do. Just my reading of it, obviously it could have been better worded but I don't think it was meant in a literal sense.

Reactions: 29
Maybe I'm alone but I really didn't think Shirley saying Rose 'blocked the noise out' was a howler - I think what she possibly meant is that there was a very charged atmosphere after Rhys' dance, the audience were going wild, the dance itself was passionate. And then Rose has to come out and do a light and airy American Smooth and totally change the tone. I don't think she literally meant 'blocked out the noise', I think she meant it more as a figure of speech - she blocked out the mood and the vibes of the room and did what she had to do. Just my reading of it, obviously it could have been better worded but I don't think it was meant in a literal sense.
Yeah I think she meant she blocked out the noise for everyone else, but when I first heard her I thought it was a strange choice of words

Reactions: 13
it was a bad phrasing choice (and i bet she kicked herself for it afterwards) but i got what she meant too - like you said, she was likely commenting on the change in atmosphere and having to come out to do a very sweet and pretty american smooth after such an intense number.

Reactions: 13
I agree, she meant she blocked the commotion/excitement in the studio out... But it was unfortunate choice of words!

Reactions: 6
I agree, she meant she blocked the commotion/excitement in the studio out... But it was unfortunate choice of words!
Yeah, this is definitely what she meant but to say it to a deaf contestant is…. Stupid 😳 sometimes it’s like she speaks without thinking - I’d rather she said less but it make sense than talking for ages and it being a ramble of nonsense.

Reactions: 5
Am I completely imagining this, or are the Daily Mail Online trying to insinuate that Dan and Nadiya are having an affair? There are lots of really odd stories about them on there today such as this one entitled ‘caught in the act’:

And another one about them leaving the studio separately in taxis. The emphasis being on ’separately’.

As many of us Tattlers know the DM do this kind of thing when there is a story they want to tell but can’t’, so they will drop lots of hints about them. In the very recent past they’ve don’t this kind of thing about Philip Schofield, Ant McPartln and Matt Hancock, and we all know what followed on in those cases. I‘d be astonished if Nadiya had even gone there, but stranger things have happened. I won’t be at all surprised if in a few weeks we find out Dan’s marriage has ended.
Tbh i think the mail always know who leaves as I've noticed the Sunday after the show the mail always features some sort of story focusing on the couple who have left

Reactions: 2
Vincent cheated on a different partner with Kristina - he and Flavia were finished by then.

Flavia is now married to Jimi Mistry (which my phone autocorrected to ‘zooming misery’!), who had been her partner in a series after she & Matt split up.
Flavia and Matt dated for 3 years apparently, and then she married Jimi (though I don't remember them having much dance chemistry). They have a farm in Devon.
This piece about Matt and Flavia is mad - Matt's quotes about Flavia before they were even dating are crazy, though he also says he felt the show pushed them together. If only there'd been Twitter then!

Reactions: 7
Flavia and Matt dated for 3 years apparently, and then she married Jimi (though I don't remember them having much dance chemistry). They have a farm in Devon.
This piece about Matt and Flavia is mad - Matt's quotes about Flavia before they were even dating are crazy, though he also says he felt the show pushed them together. If only there'd been Twitter then!
I love vintage strictly the gossip was the messiest it’s seems there was less of a filter back then it’s to wholesome now

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree about her CC - again, her landings and transitions were the problem. Similar case of too many lifts. I just don't think she works well with a faster tempo - she's a beautifully elegant dancer and by far the best ballroom dancer in the competition.
She is a great dancer but I agree she doesn’t seem to suit fast numbers with lots of lifts. Although her week one jive was great.

Reactions: 2
Tbh i think the mail always know who leaves as I've noticed the Sunday after the show the mail always features some sort of story focusing on the couple who have left
One of their headlines in DM today is last Tango in elstree- bit of a raunchy film so another subtle hint? 😂

• Haha
He doesn't seem interested but I think Nadiya is in awe of him and slightly crushes on him, the way she looks at him. But then again, the pros kind of love bomb their celebs, it's part of the act to make the celeb feel so special.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I love vintage strictly the gossip was the messiest it’s seems there was less of a filter back then it’s to wholesome now
And Matt was only 19! Flavia was still (sort of) part of a beloved pro couple with Vincent. It would be like Aljaz running off with Maisie last year.

• Sad
  • Wow
It was definitely a very different show back in the days before social media was as all-encompassing as it is now.

Reactions: 5
If the BBC are seriously thinking of ditching Anton to bring back Bruno they need their heads testing. In the article it says that Bruno is loved and missed by it 10 million viewers. Seriously? I have hardly seen any comments saying Bruno is missed. Quite the contrary.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.