Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't remember AJ's AT but 35 is a pretty good score, especially if she did it earlier on in the competition. Re the boys, I didn't think J&J's AT was overmarked until I watched Rhys' last night which got the same score but IMO, had more content.

I agree about her CC - again, her landings and transitions were the problem. Similar case of too many lifts. I just don't think she works well with a faster tempo - she's a beautifully elegant dancer and by far the best ballroom dancer in the competition.
She should have got 40 for the waltz

Reactions: 3
Yeah, I think the problem is also: where do you go in the final for a showdance, when we've already seen all the lifts?
I'm a bit surprised, given the chemistry AJ and Kai have, that they didn't do a more classic salsa as some have said, and rely on their chemistry.
Something like Matt and Flavia's would have been good (sharing to enjoy Flavia's fantastic hair again). Matt wasn't the best dancer in the comp, but he was easily able to pull this off, and their chemistry shone through

This is a perfect example of how not everything needs to be a lift extravaganza

Reactions: 5
Am I completely imagining this, or are the Daily Mail Online trying to insinuate that Dan and Nadiya are having an affair? There are lots of really odd stories about them on there today such as this one entitled ‘caught in the act’:

And another one about them leaving the studio separately in taxis. The emphasis being on ’separately’.

As many of us Tattlers know the DM do this kind of thing when there is a story they want to tell but can’t’, so they will drop lots of hints about them. In the very recent past they’ve don’t this kind of thing about Philip Schofield, Ant McPartln and Matt Hancock, and we all know what followed on in those cases. I‘d be astonished if Nadiya had even gone there, but stranger things have happened. I won’t be at all surprised if in a few weeks we find out Dan’s marriage has ended.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Am I completely imagining this, or are the Daily Mail Online trying to insinuate that Dan and Nadiya are having an affair? There are lots of really odd stories about them on there today such as this one entitled ‘caught in the act’:

And this one about them leaving the studio separately in taxis. The emphasis being on ’separately’.

As many of us Tattlers know the DM do this kind of thing when there is a story they want to tell but can’t’, so they will drop lots of hints about them. In the very recent past they’ve don’t this kind of thing about Philip Schofield, Ant McPartln and Matt Hancock, and we all know what followed on in those cases.
wondering if my mother writes for the daily fail because she’s been telling me she thinks they’re having an affair for weeks 🤣

she bases this on them being extremely affectionate and tactile with each other, and that nadiya is always a little giddy around him. he’s just a bit too “nice” for me to imagine him having an affair but who knows!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She should have got 40 for the waltz
I get that getting a 40 is important - especially when Rhys got one and was overmarked imo but I’ve added up all the scores AJ, Rose and John have got for each dance and divided them by the amount of dances - Rose is the only one of those 3 to get a perfect score and she and AJ average 33 and John averages 34. (I took the info from the Strictly 2021 Wiki page).

I’m afraid I disagree she’s been undermarked, with the exception of her Charleston. Her lowest score was 28 for her Paso Doble and that was a fair score.

If she’s through to the SF then I still think she’s in with a chance of winning.

I find shipping quite interesting - do you think they’ll only get together if she wins or is the scoring a separate issue (genuine question)

Reactions: 1
In my experience it’s alway the ones you least expect to have affairs, remember when the press were so fixated on Jay and Aliona’s alleged ’affair’ that they completely missed the one going on between Gio and Georgia. The press have been so obsessed with AJ and Kai that they’ve not noticed the real, more scandalous one happening between Dan and Nadiya.

Ive edited my previous BTW as I didn’t realise the comment section contained potential spoilers.

• Wow
Yeah, I think the problem is also: where do you go in the final for a showdance, when we've already seen all the lifts?
I'm a bit surprised, given the chemistry AJ and Kai have, that they didn't do a more classic salsa as some have said, and rely on their chemistry.
Something like Matt and Flavia's would have been good (sharing to enjoy Flavia's fantastic hair again). Matt wasn't the best dancer in the comp, but he was easily able to pull this off, and their chemistry shone through

I loved M & F’s salsa - his little shimmy to Arlene was fabulous! 🤩

In my experience it’s alway the ones you least expect to have affairs, remember when the press were so fixated on Jay and Aliona’s alleged ’affair’ that they completely missed the one going on between Gio and Georgia. The press have been so obsessed with AJ and Kai that they’ve not noticed the real, more scandalous one happening between Dan and Nadiya.
I don’t think they’re having an affair. I think he’s a bit in awe of her because she’s stunning and so good at what she does and I think she’s giddy around him because this is the furthest she’s been. Plus they’re well received by the public.

I did feel a bit sorry for his wife and kids when he said he would rather be doing that than watching it at home in a baggy jumper (?) even though he would be with them

Reactions: 21
All of the affair stories fit the Strictly narrative. If his Christian values wouldn’t allow him to wear a Halloween costume I hope these same values would mean he isn’t drilling Nadiya.
I haven’t seen any footage of his wife and kids visiting them in training like Tillys family did. I think he would like to be having an affair with Nadiya.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
All of the affair stories fit the Strictly narrative. If his Christian values wouldn’t allow him to wear a Halloween costume I hope these same values would mean he isn’t drilling Nadiya.
I haven’t seen any footage of his wife and kids visiting them in training like Tillys family did. I think he would like to be having an affair with Nadiya.
They did visit once. His kids were cringing themselves inside out 😂

Reactions: 8

And another one about them leaving the studio separately in taxis. The emphasis being on ’separately’.

As many of us Tattlers know the DM do this kind of thing when there is a story they want to tell but can’t’, so they will drop lots of hints about them. In the very recent past they’ve don’t this kind of thing about Philip Schofield, Ant McPartln and Matt Hancock, and we all know what followed on in those cases. I‘d be astonished if Nadiya had even gone there, but stranger things have happened. I won’t be at all surprised if in a few weeks we find out Dan’s marriage has ended.
But, but, he’s a CHRISTIAN!

• Haha
But, but, he’s a CHRISTIAN!
They’re usually the worst. Massive hypocrites 😉😂

Or Amy Dowden and the Fletchers. But then Ben Cohen’s wife and kids visited the training room and he was still shagging Kristina and eventually left them for her so who knows?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Ive edited my previous BTW as I didn’t realise the comment section contained potential spoilers.
I think they talk about what they can, when they can - AJ and Kai are both single and did an Argentine tango that one time, so you know that's lots of clicks for free to talk about ~chemistry~. Whereas they can't really accuse anyone of an affair without proof or quotes, they can only insinuate.

Dan and Nadiya clearly get on brilliantly, but it would be very shocking if they'd had an affair under the nose of his wife and the public! And I'm still not entirely sure on AJ and Kai, although they're a brilliant dynamic duo. (Tbh the only thing that stops me dismissing entirely it as the usual tabloid showmance fraff - and there's always one couple - is that they've asked AJ directly more than once if it's happening and she hasn't totally shut it down. 'I'm not the type to rush into a relationship'; 'I'm glad people are interested in my life but I'd rather they focus on the dancing' this is a lot of story time when the word "No" is right there, sis).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Sadly they seem to forget their Christian values when it comes to attractive women and cheating. Him and Nadiya make a striking couple but I don’t think he has much of a personality.

Reactions: 4
I think AJ and Kai probably are together having observed them on ITT this week, they were sat very closely, shoulders touching. Like a couple would be. I think they‘ll leave it till the series is over before publicly admitting it like Joe and Diane did.

I don't think they would be 'allowed' to come out and say they are a couple while the series is on. The producers probably prefer it to be speculation and also maybe it would change the way people voted ?

Also Shirley's dress 😳 She could have done with one of those wee lace inserts for her dress that you get in the mail order catalogues 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't think they would be 'allowed' to come out and say they are a couple while the series is on. The producers probably prefer it to be speculation and also maybe it would change the way people voted ?

Also Shirley's dress 😳 She could have done with one of those wee lace inserts for her dress that you get in the mail order catalogues 🤣
agreed on shirley’s dress 😳 99% of the time i actually think she always looks lovely, but i worried we were going to have a small wardrobe malfunction last night!

i’m thinking about strictly couples now and i’m sure i remember it basically being confirmed that kara and artem were together when they were in the final? or i’m muddling up the gossip with fact 🤣 i do remember all the pros chanting “kiss her!” when they’d won though (aww).

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.