Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wondering if my mother writes for the daily fail because sheā€™s been telling me she thinks theyā€™re having an affair for weeks šŸ¤£

she bases this on them being extremely affectionate and tactile with each other, and that nadiya is always a little giddy around him. heā€™s just a bit too ā€œniceā€ for me to imagine him having an affair but who knows!
Who knew Matt Hancock was a little bugger either?

I feel responsible for this. Up until last week I was giving Dan a vote. You can thank me later.

Just kidding! This is 100% the right thing. I think Rhys will bow out next week and weā€™ll be the final line up many predicted from very early on.

ETA - Motsiā€™s back and so are the spoilersā€¦.šŸ˜‰
You took the words out of my mouth......

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The sun website is tit and keeps crashing but I read half that article and Sara said she only wanted Aljaž to avoid the curse - not realising they were wifeswappers I guess. Giovanni asked to partner Rose. Sounds like the celebrities and professionals get more input into partnerships than we are led to believe, or maybe only some do.
Yes as I knew Giovanni asked to be partnered with Rose but now Rose has said she asked to be partnered with him too!

Also height comes into the partnerships too.

Reactions: 3
Just watched last night, MY BOY RHYS SMASHED IT

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

so pleased about the dance off result. can't wait to watch tonight :LOL:

Reactions: 14
agreed on shirleyā€™s dress šŸ˜³ 99% of the time i actually think she always looks lovely, but i worried we were going to have a small wardrobe malfunction last night!

iā€™m thinking about strictly couples now and iā€™m sure i remember it basically being confirmed that kara and artem were together when they were in the final? or iā€™m muddling up the gossip with fact šŸ¤£ i do remember all the pros chanting ā€œkiss her!ā€ when theyā€™d won though (aww).
It was definitely made clear! I was doing a Youtube dive on that series recently and they basically confirmed it in the pre-final VT package on It Takes Two. And it surprised me because in my head, it's only recently that the show itself has referred to tabloid speculations, but their series was a decade ago so apparently not!

Reactions: 2
I don't think they would be 'allowed' to come out and say they are a couple while the series is on. The producers probably prefer it to be speculation and also maybe it would change the way people voted ?

Also Shirley's dress šŸ˜³ She could have done with one of those wee lace inserts for her dress that you get in the mail order catalogues šŸ¤£
And the next size up . Her chest was squashed flat. It wasnā€™t her best .

Reactions: 3
I remember watching bits of series 7 on YouTube last year and being surprised at how the judges and Tess openly talked about Ali Bastian and Brian Fortuna being a couple during the series. Nowadays they just allude to it and talk about their chemistry, or occasionally chant 'kiss kiss kiss' at them (I cringe so much when they do that :sick:)

Yes as I knew Giovanni asked to be partnered with Rose but now Rose has said she asked to be partnered with him too!

Also height comes into the partnerships too.
Yeah, John also said in an interview that he originally asked for another pro, and then changed his mind and asked for Johannes.

Who knew Matt Hancock was a little bugger either?
@Gym&Tonic knew he was a dirty one, she'd seen it in her dreams ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It was definitely made clear! I was doing a Youtube dive on that series recently and they basically confirmed it in the pre-final VT package on It Takes Two. And it surprised me because in my head, it's only recently that the show itself has referred to tabloid speculations, but their series was a decade ago so apparently not!
i thought so! i remember watching their rhumba (still one of the best this show has had) and thinking there was no way they werenā€™t a couple - canā€™t believe that series was a decade ago though šŸ˜³

Reactions: 1
Jus watched last nights, Gio and Rose, Rhys and Nancy - wow wow wow
Honestly could not be more made up for Rhys. With his waltz and this dance, it feels like he's made a real breakthrough. He's controlled his energy and partnered Nancy much better. And he seems to have processed the negative feelings that come alongside ending up in multiple dance-offs to the point where it seems like he's had a personal breakthrough regarding performance pressure and letting the public perception get to him.

Reactions: 10
I remember watching bits of series 7 on YouTube last year and being surprised at how the judges and Tess openly talked about Ali Bastian and Brian Fortuna being a couple during the series. Nowadays they just allude to it and talk about their chemistry, or occasionally chant 'kiss kiss kiss' at them (I cringe so much when they do that :sick:)
brian fortuna! that's a name i haven't heard in a while, he only ever did one series didn't he? i can still picture that 90s boyband haircut he had.

i hate the chanting; it was so so awkward when they did it to aj and kai a few weeks back.

Reactions: 8
I rewatched their AT and I personally think 35 was a fair score and I think John and JoJo were overmarked for theirs (they were probably on par imo)

I donā€™t think she was undermarked for her coupleā€˜s choice either, I expected much more and think she struggled last week too
That 8 was a travesty.

I get that getting a 40 is important - especially when Rhys got one and was overmarked imo but Iā€™ve added up all the scores AJ, Rose and John have got for each dance and divided them by the amount of dances - Rose is the only one of those 3 to get a perfect score and she and AJ average 33 and John averages 34. (I took the info from the Strictly 2021 Wiki page).

Iā€™m afraid I disagree sheā€™s been undermarked, with the exception of her Charleston. Her lowest score was 28 for her Paso Doble and that was a fair score.

If sheā€™s through to the SF then I still think sheā€™s in with a chance of winning.

I find shipping quite interesting - do you think theyā€™ll only get together if she wins or is the scoring a separate issue (genuine question)
I think they are together already. Whether it lasts, I donā€™t know, but I hope so. I think he possibly ships her more than the other way round. Iā€™m thinking that he is being very cautious on screen as itā€™s his first season, and I expect there are all sorts of rules about it. I notice on Dancing on Ice that relationships are very open ( like Briana and Kevin who got engaged during the competition), so who knows? Itā€™s not a Strictly curse for the pair of them - they are both single! Good luck to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Honestly could not be more made up for Rhys. With his waltz and this dance, it feels like he's made a real breakthrough. He's controlled his energy and partnered Nancy much better. And he seems to have processed the negative feelings that come alongside ending up in multiple dance-offs to the point where it seems like he's had a personal breakthrough regarding performance pressure and letting the public perception get to him.
His control is way better, but as I said before, no chemistry between him and Nancy. There was gapping the whole time as if he was scared of getting too close. If there is a time to get up close it is an AT.

brian fortuna! that's a name i haven't heard in a while, he only ever did one series didn't he? i can still picture that 90s boyband haircut he had.

i hate the chanting; it was so so awkward when they did it to aj and kai a few weeks back.
He did a couple of series: Heather Small, then Ali Bastian. He also did a Christmas special and the wheelchair special, but then they downgraded him to an ā€˜extraā€™ pro (think it was when they had the rubbish ā€˜dance troupeā€™) so he diddled off.

Speaking of relationships/awkwardness, remember when Tess basically ā€˜outedā€™ Matt & Flaviaā€™s affair during a live show and Vincent looked mortified! šŸ˜±

Reactions: 6
His control is way better, but as I said before, no chemistry between him and Nancy. There was gapping the whole time as if he was scared of getting too close. If there is a time to get up close it is an AT.
I donā€™t normally see any chemistry between them but last night I thought the chemistry was really there! It was great

He did a couple of series: Heather Small, then Ali Bastian. He also did a Christmas special and the wheelchair special, but then they downgraded him to an ā€˜extraā€™ pro (think it was when they had the rubbish ā€˜dance troupeā€™) so he diddled off.

Speaking of relationships/awkwardness, remember when Tess basically ā€˜outedā€™ Matt & Flaviaā€™s affair during a live show and Vincent looked mortified! šŸ˜±
aahh, i vaguely remember it now! i think he only really stood out to me with ali because of the whole couple thing.

the drama! we need some kind of epic thread of all the strictly relationships because i keep getting reminded of so much in this thread. didn't vincent also cheat on flavia with christina during a strictly tour? and then flavia ended up marrying a different celeb partner, who i think was from corrie?

(i need that "it's the drama mick, i just love it" gif from gavin and stacey)

Reactions: 14
aahh, i vaguely remember it now! i think he only really stood out to me with ali because of the whole couple thing.

the drama! we need some kind of epic thread of all the strictly relationships because i keep getting reminded of so much in this thread. didn't vincent also cheat on flavia with christina during a strictly tour? and then flavia ended up marrying a different celeb partner, who i think was from corrie?

Vincent cheated on a different partner with Kristina - he and Flavia were finished by then.

Flavia is now married to Jimi Mistry (which my phone autocorrected to ā€˜zooming miseryā€™!), who had been her partner in a series after she & Matt split up.

• Haha

She speaks for all of us

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Vincent cheated on a different partner with Kristina - he and Flavia were finished by then.

Flavia is now married to Jimi Mistry (which my phone autocorrected to ā€˜zooming miseryā€™!), who had been her partner in a series after she & Matt split up.
zooming misery, i love it!!

i need one of those huge notice boards that police detectives have with photographs and diagrams to keep up with this šŸ§

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.