Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Johannes has his place on the show and is generally popular but unless they recruit another Ashley Roberts style celeb that can fully match him, I think this will probably be his one and only year going really far.
[/QUOTE

He needs to learn how to contain his own dancing so his partner can shine. I honestly hope he doesn't get a celeb next year because he's consistently out danced John this series and made it all about him. He just comes across as selfish and egotistical imo.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
John and Johannes - I think Johannes is an amazing dancer and has choreographed some great stuff for the show but agree with most here - he HAS to stop outdancing his partner because it's having the opposite effect to what he wants. It makes his partner look poor - look at someone like Giovanni, he's not the focal point of any of his dances, he always lets his celebrity shine and choreographs to their strengths. I don't actually watch him that much when they're on the dancefloor, I watch his partner (and that's saying something). You can be a fantastic dancer but a bad Strictly pro, I think Johannes falls into that category.

Rhys and Nancy - I canNOT see what other people see in this guy. I thought this was so pedestrian?! Even my other half watching (who has all the dance knowledge and grace of a pregnant wildebeest) thought it was rubbish, not dynamic at all. Totally overmarked.

Giovanni and Rose - I smiled ALL the way through, it was just so light and lovely and perfect, I was furious that Craig didn't give this a 10. That lift! To be fair, if Giovanni asked me nicely I'd dive headfirst through a window so I can understand how she got up the courage, but it was still a real heart in mouth moment.

Dan and Nadiya - crap, got halfway through and skipped it.

AJ and Kai - just tried to fit way too much in. Some of it was great but it all got a bit manic and frantic, like some of Rhys' dances have been. I know that salsa is meant to be a party dance but it needed way more control, some of her arm movements were wild and as Craig mentioned, the landings from some of the early lifts were really dicey. I really hope she doesn't go out off the back of that performance though, I still think she's fantastic and deserves to be in the final.
J&J - Agree, you feel like you are looking more at Johannes for the dance and forgetting John is the contestant.

R&N - Don't know that the judges saw in that, thought it looked very awkward, quite stiff and stompy walking.

G&R - Lovely dance, a joy to watch.

D&N - Boring and judges comments were right but still overmarked.

A&K - Quite frantic and too many lifts (with poor landings) and throwing shapes about, lost the focus on the dance and a shame about the ending.

Two salsas, both of which went wrong.

A very poor quarter final by the standard of previous years.

Reactions: 11
First time not actually watching the show, wasn’t busy or anything, just didn’t feel inspired to watch 😕
Which dance should I watch first?

I like Johannes but agree he does do this. I first noticed it in his Charleston with Catherine Tyldesely (which I still loved) and I see it all the time now. I felt bad for her and I feel bad for John.
Yeah, I seem to remember that after that Charleston with Catherine one of the judges suggested that Johannes tone down his dancing to match Catherine's, and he shook his head as if to say 'me? Dance down? Nope.' I like Jojo, but he needs to realise that it's not about him.

Reactions: 16
It was never quite explained, it came across like they wanted to do something NEW so they sent the in house choreographers to meddle. Whilst Kai is on ITT saying he still wants to keep the traditional elements, I got the impression he lost the battle. Hence the total mish mash of a routine and theme. I didn't even realise it was meant to be set in a Desert!
Yeah, the ‘desert’ thing passed me by too - is that why AJ’s dress was yellow? Maybe she was the sand 😆

Their paso was a bit of a mish-mashy mess. I thought tonight’s was too: the lesson for AJ & Kai is never use external choreographers, and steer clear of yellow frocks!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I give you, the Memorial Gio Samba Spins, while Laura Whitmore stands like a divvy in the corner! 🤣
Ha, I remember the on the little post-dance interview they put on the Strictly insta, Laura said 'congrats on your spins' while they stood about a mile apart 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think calling Johannes selfish and egotistical is very harsh. He is incredibly sweet, and John and him clearly get on like a house on fire. They've built a lovely partnership, and seem to be getting very little credit for the level of difficulty in what they are doing (eg Johannes is not used to being lifted which is the 'woman's role')

• Heart
Reactions: 20
First time not actually watching the show, wasn’t busy or anything, just didn’t feel inspired to watch 😕
Which dance should I watch first?
Rhys and Nancy did decent as did Gio and Rose.
Then we have the twin Salsa disasters of AJ and Kai / John and Johannes
Finished of with an AT from Dan and Nadia, Nadia was fantastic.

Reactions: 5
Ha, I remember the on the little post-dance interview they put on the Strictly insta, Laura said 'congrats on your spins' while they stood about a mile apart 😆
OMG 'congrats on yer spins!' rings through my head when I see that clip!! iconic.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think calling Johannes selfish and egotistical is very harsh. He is incredibly sweet, and John and him clearly get on like a house on fire. They've built a lovely partnership, and seem to be getting very little credit for the level of difficulty in what they are doing (eg Johannes is not used to being lifted which is the 'woman's role')
Whilst I feel JoJo over dances I do find him lovely. All his partners seem to adore him as well as all the Pros.

Reactions: 10
I can’t stand Shirley and her favouritism. She is the only judge who makes it clear who her fav is and who is dislikes. Dan could tit in the middle of the dance floor and she Would score him a 9.

Aj was very stiff tonight. I did not enjoy the dance (even though I love watching Kai) and i Was cringing at the lift. It annoyed me that she cried at the end as well! Nobody else who have made mistakes have cried about it.

i don’t usually vote but I voted for John as I think he really looked like he was enjoying himself. Dan needs to go as he was rubbish again.

As for Johannes out dancing John, I think loads of the pros do this. I know this will be an unpopular opinion but Nadiya has constantly been the focus esp for the rumba where Dan just shuffled back and forth. Kataya also makes it about her as does Graziano.

Reactions: 8
All I could think about watching J&J was “just let me staple the vicar”
If you know, you know 🙈

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Man, the KJ shippers are really annoying on Twitter. You'd think she'd been murdered such is their distress (though looking at that lift..) and the screams of unfairness are a denial that she did a not--so-great dance with a terrible lift (and I like AJ!!)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.