Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just saw on Twitter a KJ shipper saying she'd voted 300 times for them! That is £45! I think AJ will be safe.

JJ were on insta there laughing about how bad their lift was. John also posted the dress rehearsal of them doing it right, though I have to say it still had a touch of the Bacofoil Snowden about it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
4 votes to Rhys and Nancy and 2 for Rose and Gio here. I felt bad for AJ because she is a great dancer but that whole dance lacked something for me (apart from the obvious lift issues), it didn’t quite flow.
Rhys and Nancy were amazing.

Reactions: 9
Did I dream it, or did Dan drop a kiss on Nadiya's shoulder just after they danced and held the final position?
We're that far into the competition that I'm projecting torrid love affairs onto each and every one of them :sneaky: 😂

To be serious, Strictly is so weird, man, to get so comfortable with people and treat them like they're your bff when you've known them five minutes. But I do think this series has a lot of couples who get on extremely well on like, a platonic level!*

*with the possible exception of AJ and Kai, maybe

Just saw on Twitter a KJ shipper saying she'd voted 300 times for them! That is £45! I think AJ will be safe.

JJ were on insta there laughing about how bad their lift was. John also posted the dress rehearsal of them doing it right, though I have to say it still had a touch of the Bacofoil Snowden about it!
The Snowden Memorial Lift 😂

Every time it comes up I just have to

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I’m catching up, but it almost felt like Johannes was sabotaging their dance?! John danced really well, I’d love to dance with him! Johannes was manic 😬

Reactions: 10
4 votes to Rhys and Nancy and 2 for Rose and Gio here. I felt bad for AJ because she is a great dancer but that whole dance lacked something for me (apart from the obvious lift issues), it didn’t quite flow.
i did the exact same thing! rose remains my favourite but i really don’t want rhys in the bottom two.

i didn’t really enjoy that salsa either - great lifts (well, um, until THAT one) but she didn’t do much actual dancing imo. she’s great though.

my second-hand embarrassment went off the charts with that non-lift though. exactly like anton said, i was on the verge of yelling “make it stop! cut the music!” at my tv. full credit to her for still trying to properly “end” it.

Reactions: 5
Oh my gosh, I missed Rhys’ dance and just watched it on YouTube, amazing, what a transformation. And Nikita at the end in the background, love that boy

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Like the Paso it was created outside choreographers, I wonder if they get a bit excited to show of their work via AJ that the throw everything at it forgetting she needs to be able to pull off the dance on the night whilst keeping her nerves in check.
When it's entirely Kai's choreo she really shines and seems so much more comfortable with the dance.

Reactions: 9
I’m catching up, but it almost felt like Johannes was sabotaging their dance?! John danced really well, I’d love to dance with him! Johannes was manic 😬
i love johannes but i fully agree with you - i think, more than any other pro, he gets over-excited and can’t reign himself in from out-dancing or dancing away from his partner (whereas the other pros seem to hold that back a little). i don’t know enough about dancing to know if he really did give john the wrong hand or if he was just trying to take the blame though!

also god bless SeraSparkle for posting lisa and brendan’s show dance in this thread. i thought it was a fever dream i’d once had but no 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Like the Paso it was created outside choreographers, I wonder if they get a bit excited to show of their work via AJ that the throw everything at it forgetting she needs to be able to pull off the dance on the night whilst keeping her nerves in check.
When it's entirely Kai's choreo she really shines and seems so much more comfortable with the dance.
Yeah, I wonder if Kai also got a bit carried away as AJ is so athletic and daredevil. A more experienced pro might have reined it in a bit - one dramatic lift is worth 4 slightly clunky ones.

Reactions: 5
We're that far into the competition that I'm projecting torrid love affairs onto each and every one of them :sneaky: 😂

To be serious, Strictly is so weird, man, to get so comfortable with people and treat them like they're your bff when you've known them five minutes. But I do think this series has a lot of couples who get on extremely well on like, a platonic level!*

*with the possible exception of AJ and Kai, maybe

The Snowden Memorial Lift 😂

Every time it comes up I just have to

OMG. The worst part is when he hauls her round, like he's trying to throw her murdered body into an icy river!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah, I wonder if Kai also got a bit carried away as AJ is so athletic and daredevil. A more experienced pro might have reined it in a bit - one dramatic lift is worth 4 slightly clunky ones.
It wasn't his choreo, but I do wonder with him being new if he's less comfortable challenging the other choreographers.

OMG. The worst part is when he hauls her round, like he's trying to throw her murdered body into an icy river!
Every time I see that dance I am gutted we didn't get to see the pros & celebs faces the first time they saw it in rehearsals 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just getting caught up on tonight's show, I reckon a Dan and AJ bottom two with Dan going...Rose and Rhys were both absolutely fab tonight and I wish Johannes would stop trying to outdance John, it's getting tedious now!

Reactions: 7

We were soooo late to the party (my little one wouldn’t go to sleep) so I cast my votes without seeing it - 3 x Rose. Looking forward to reading everyones views on an unexpected QF…

Tessbot totes appropres with that dress!

Amy has graced us with her presence! Poor Gorka stuck with her….

John and JoJo - liked it in places but the drop at the end 😳. Feel a bit sorry for John now, JoJo is persistently outshining him. Judges critique fair, when Anton said about the lack dynamic, I think its because the focus is on Johannes so much. Fair scores but I don’t think they thought it was.

Rhys and Nancy - wow! One of the best dances of the series. I’m not sure how healthy their partnership is - they got on well this week because he was doing well? Think he’ll dodge the dance off this week.

Rose and Giovanni - stunning. The last lift, I had no idea if it had gone right or wrong! Noticed she was counting more than she’s done since the early days - nerves? She can’t do wrong in my eyes. But…did Shirley actually say she BLOCKED OUT the noise and chatter of Rhys? I think she meant for everyone else but you could’ve worded it better Shirl!

Dan and Nadiya - missed a trick calling it Tango Dan and not Dan-go….not sharp enough but still a decent effort for a non-performer. I think he’ll get the votes.

AJ and Kai - 😔. Not good. I thought she lacked energy throughout and there were too many lifts imo. The last one…I can understand the disappointment but I’ve got no time for Rhys’ tears so the same goes for AJ.

Bizarre night - the battle of the Salsas turned into a nightmare for them both. I think it’ll be John and AJ in the bottom two and I honestly couldn’t call who would go. If Dan is in the dance off then no mistakes and anyone could - and should - put him out.

I ❤ Anton. He’s honest, fair and funny. I’m sure Craig only said what he did about Dan (positive) because Anton hadn’t been totally complimentary.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.