Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Robert Webb I think will be the dark horse here. He won the Comic Relief celebrity dance thingy with a routine that was superficially a comedy dance routine but when you looked at it carefully, he has rhythm and clearly can actually dance. Added to that, he is funny and a nice guy. He should do well.

I also really hope Adam Peaty does well, mostly because he seems like a nice, down to earth, likeable, hard working guy, but also because I love it when you get someone whose body is totally wrong for dancing but is unexpectedly brilliant (like Darren Gough, one of my all time favourite Strictly contestants!)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Apologies for getting Gorka's height wrong, I googled and that's what came up 😁
Tbf, he is quite short. But not that short 😜

Although one of the new pros Cameron does look even shorter - Oti posted a story of them dancing together the other day and he only looked a fraction taller than her

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Looks like no partner for Luba whilst Neil is back in:

Guessing this is lucky day for Nancy since I can't see Jowita getting any of these guys.
I feel a bit sorry for Luba if this is case - especially given how tall most of the male celebs are this year. It. No surprises about Neil, but can't say I'm particularly excited about seeing him dance again

Reactions: 5
Looks like no partner for Luba whilst Neil is back in:

Guessing this is lucky day for Nancy since I can't see Jowita getting any of these guys.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
That's just ruined my day.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
For me, it's not just the ick with Neil, but he's just so boring to watch too. He just doesn't have *it*, that spark that most of the pros have that makes them so watchable. Even Kevin had it, and I couldn't stand him πŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For me, it's not just the ick with Neil, but he's just so boring to watch too. He just doesn't have *it*, that spark that most of the pros have that makes them so watchable. Even Kevin had it, and I couldn't stand him πŸ˜†
I saw a headline that says Kevin has not ruled out a return to Strictly.
Made me feel proper ick.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Robert Webb I think will be the dark horse here. He won the Comic Relief celebrity dance thingy with a routine that was superficially a comedy dance routine but when you looked at it carefully, he has rhythm and clearly can actually dance. Added to that, he is funny and a nice guy. He should do well.

I also really hope Adam Peaty does well, mostly because he seems like a nice, down to earth, likeable, hard working guy, but also because I love it when you get someone whose body is totally wrong for dancing but is unexpectedly brilliant (like Darren Gough, one of my all time favourite Strictly contestants!)
OMG....Robert Webb's performance of Flashdance was amazing 😍😍😍. If ever I feel a bit low I watch that! Sad, I know, but he will win. I'm calling it now 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I feel a bit sorry for Luba if this is case - especially given how tall most of the male celebs are this year. It. No surprises about Neil, but can't say I'm particularly excited about seeing him dance again
I thought she was more likely to get a celeb than some of the others given she is fairly tall, however she hasn't had the best luck in previous pairings where as Neil got quite far with Alex. Someone was always going to miss out most likely so the newer pros could step in, I couldn't see it being Nancy again.
I'm sure there will be others benched aswell.

Unfortunately because of the same sex partnering an additional female pro was going to have to sit out. Sadly this might end up being Luba but given this is currently tabloid gossip I’m not going necessarily believe it to be gospel.

Reactions: 6
I like Neil. I did a workshop with him and Katya a few years ago, and he was really good fun. Very chatty and nice.

Reactions: 10
I think with Anton gone, that created space for Neil. I don't think he was getting a partner over the new guys (except for maybe Cameron who might get a year on the bench to start with for some seasoning).

Shame for Luba, must sting a bit if she got benched when there were so many tall celebs but it's likely as simple as TPTB giving her a try and deciding she wasn't right for them, a bit like with Chloe Hewitt a few years before (though Luba at least got partners). I don't think she'll be a main pro again. Not the first nor the last time it's happened.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.