Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t hate him at all, it’s more I roll my eyes at his antics a bit. I think the last straw for me was the ‘relationship launch’ with Maura - it just looked a bit desperate. He is an amazing teacher though and will deserve the win this year.
I know what you mean, all his previous years I’ve been the same and although his attitude is different this year, I think that could be because of Rose’s personality (mostly) and probably a wee bit of additional confidence that there’s a real chance he’ll get the win.

But I’m intrigued why some feel dating the MIC lady is disappointing

Reactions: 1
I really wish the bbc would change the Saturday & Sunday format. I find it so cringy on the Sunday show when they’re pretending it’s live and we all know it’s not. Loads of people already looked up who’s gone- I’d like a bit of anticipation back!

Reactions: 13
Long time lurker, first time poster. Can't help but wonder...who's trying to sabotage Rose and Gio's chances of winning? PR machine is out in force again. I hope it doesn't work as they are great together.
I don't understand this? Gio and Verity have nothing to do with Gio and Rose

Reactions: 2
Re Dan - It’s not very Christian (really) to dance a saucy rumba with a woman not your wife but he did a good job of it! It was more cringe as it would be watching your dad or older colleague dancing it. He has more fans than Tilly or Rhys which is understandable given what he does but not more than Rose.

The secret dating articles are hilarious and I’m sure it’s for publicity as I’d never heard of her before but now I know her name. I was surprised him and Ashley didn’t work out.

It’s still making me laugh that everyone else’s Couple’s Choice had some deep meaning* - grief, disability, family/living your dream (although that didn’t exactly translate to the choreography), and I’d guess John’s will/would have an LGBT theme, like about being your true self and Dan’s about confidence/being brave etc…and then there was Tom with his My Sister Has a Job and Somehow This Is Distressing themed dance 😂

*Tilly’s was also Musicals Week so I suppose she wasn’t obliged to have any theme beyond Matilda. Perhaps Tom and Amy should’ve gone that route.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I think there is definitely some sort of PR play with Rose and Gio...
We got pictures of her "rarely seen" boyfriend at the studio, followed by dating rumours about Gio...maybe they're trying to squash the whole 'budding romance' thing, who knows!?
I don't see how whoever he's dating should effect their chances...I'll still be voting 😂

At the end of the day he's a young, famous, good looking guy, he's allowed a fling or two!
I certainly wouldn't turn down being flung by him, PR or not..

Reactions: 9
John's content for couple's choice sob story: Gay, Cake, Muscles..... job done.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s still making me laugh that everyone else’s Couple’s Choice had some deep meaning* - grief, disability, family/living your dream (although that didn’t exactly translate to the choreography), and I’d guess John’s will/would have an LGBT theme, like about being your true self and Dan’s about confidence/being brave etc…and then there was Tom with his My Sister Has a Job and Somehow This Is Distressing themed dance 😂

*Tilly’s was also Musicals Week so I suppose she wasn’t obliged to have any theme beyond Matilda. Perhaps Tom and Amy should’ve gone that route.
Agree soo much with this and that could be another reason they were voted off..it made no sense dedicating it to his sister, in fact it just added to the weirdness of the dance. He was soo much better at the fast dances and I'm surprised Amy didn't capitalise on that!

Reactions: 6
Hi everyone, long time lurker here! I have to say this thread had made Strictly so enjoyable this year, ye are a very funny bunch! And as other posters have said, I like how everyone has their own opinions and no one takes things too personally 🙃. I glance my eye over the DS Rose and Gio thread cos she is my fave and he is 🤤 But frankly, they're almost cult-ish in their devotion over there!!!

On this whole Giovanni dating a girl from MIC- defo PR stunt.... I was awake early and saw that story and went to see if they were following each other and he definitely wasn't then, but he is now 🤔 Now much and all as I want Rose to win, I am NOT a shipper (think they just seem like friends 🤷🏼‍♀️) but this PR stunt is making me wonder if there is something going on??? Anyway... hi 🙋🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 12
So we’ve got Tom and Amy who appear to me to be unnaturally close and there’s definitely been at least emotional cheating imo. But they we’re playing it all out in public which would make them either stupid or nasty to be so blatant (of suffering a mental health condition has been a suggestion). Now he’s home alone and she’s with Sara rather than be at the show.

And now a possible/likely PR stunt for Gio and Rose and has it been done to quash shipping and/or the view that he’s enhancing their relationship to make it look like a romance - but her boyfriend has been out with them and at the studio. But there’s a vibe that they’re doing this because they are actually at it? So he could’ve turned up out of suspicion or they’re inviting him to the studio and then having a quick horizontal tango after he’s gone?

Mind. Blown. 🤯. Surely I’ve picked it up wrong?

He must be type 1, interesting!
I get the feeling Nancy is a whipcracker, maybe he was just emotionally exhausted?
Yep. I liked Nancy before. I still do like her, I think I just want to see her with another partner and they are both hyperactive together.

But I think 2 shows ago, she was mentioning how “proud” she was of Rhys as he never complains / stops for a coffee break...! If true that must by physically and mentally exhausting. I don’t think it’s a good culture to promote.

Reactions: 10
So we’ve got Tom and Amy who appear to me to be unnaturally close and there’s definitely been at least emotional cheating imo. But they we’re playing it all out in public which would make them either stupid or nasty to be so blatant (of suffering a mental health condition has been a suggestion). Now he’s home alone and she’s with Sara rather than be at the show.

And now a possible/likely PR stunt for Gio and Rose and has it been done to quash shipping and/or the view that he’s enhancing their relationship to make it look like a romance - but her boyfriend has been out with them and at the studio. But there’s a vibe that they’re doing this because they are actually at it? So he could’ve turned up out of suspicion or they’re inviting him to the studio and then having a quick horizontal tango after he’s gone?

Mind. Blown. 🤯. Surely I’ve picked it up wrong?
There is a crappy story about Rose's boyfriend being uncomfortable.. Almost definitely bollocks but inevitable. There was a definite weirdness in the way that he was initially cut out of the insta pics then added - maybe there has been an effort to damp down the rumours? (for the record I do not think there is anything going on between them but I think Gio knows the rumours don't hurt..)

Reactions: 3
Sorry I know this is off topic, but how would people know if it's Omicron? PCR testing doesn't tell us the varient
Presumably labs are adding variant confirmation to their testing and that will set the necessary wheels in motion when confirming an Omicron-positive test. 🤷‍♀️

Presumably labs are adding variant confirmation to their testing and that will set the necessary wheels in motion when confirming an Omicron-positive test. 🤷‍♀️
On the bbc it said that this variety had something really obvious that was different so it could be picked up.

There is a crappy story about Rose's boyfriend being uncomfortable.. Almost definitely bollocks but inevitable. There was a definite weirdness in the way that he was initially cut out of the insta pics then added - maybe there has been an effort to damp down the rumours? (for the record I do not think there is anything going on between them but I think Gio knows the rumours don't hurt..)
I don’t think he was cut out of Inst pics - maybe he doesn’t want to be plastered on the strictly account. He hasn’t been zoomed in on in the audience to my knowledge and I bet he’s been there. Might just be v private.

Reactions: 4

Didn't Tilly also talk about her relationship with her family a bit? Or have I hallucinated that? Tilly is also the daughter of a multimillionaire and only 20 years old, so the scope for your traditional sob story fare was rather limited a bit :LOL:

but the Ramsay family seem to be a tight-knit bunch and very supportive of her. I know some are annoyed by the constant Gordon cameos but I find it quite sweet to see how proud he is of her. Because I'm a sap

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.