Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder who will be Shirleys favourite this year (is their a celeb from Liverpool way?) and which of the female celebs she will have a vendetta against
The way she’s spoke to Emma last year was disgusting. And her fawning over kelvin (I couldn’t stand him or his dancing) was gross

Reactions: 9
Wasn't it Faye who Shirley didn't like in 2018 while she absolutely loved Joe Sugg and his milquetoast dancing?

2017 it was Charlotte Hawkins. I didn't condone Brendan's language on air but good on him for standing up to her.

I knew of Shirley before she joined Strictly and was excited to see her as a judge but she is so biased it's beyond belief.

Reactions: 10
Shirley taught a few of the Strictly pros. Kevin and Joanne Clifton, Brendon and even Anton had lessons from her. Wouldn‘t surprise me if she had taught Amy as well.

Reactions: 2
Imagine Shirley's bias if Mark, Derek or Julianne were pros on SCD? (not that it would ever happen and thank god they aren't but still...)

I'm not convinced that they were that invested in Neil and think that he came as a package deal with Katya back in 2016. After 3 years on the bench, they probably felt that they kinda had to give Neil a partner for the 2019 series and saw Pasha's departure as the ideal opportunity for Neil to get a spot. What they probably didn't anticipate was that they only signed 7 female celebrities and most of them were taller than Neil, Kevin, Gorka & AJ.

With their obligation to give Neil a partner and the other two being pros that have always made it far, that left Gorka out in the cold. As it stood, Neil didn't really 'take off' as an audience favourite and with both AJ & Kevin out this year, Gorka got his spot as a main pro back. I am kinda surprised that Neil didn't get a spot this year but if it was a choice between him & Gorka, it's easy to see why they chose Gorka for a number of reasons. He probably got Maisie as a 'reward' for being on the bench as whilst she is annoying, she is probably a golden ticket to the final.

Don't like the benched pro thing either, should only be for the newbies who need a year or two before being ready to have a celeb.
I’ve got to agree with this.They need to just drop the pros they no longer want there instead of keeping them out of some kind of loyalty.They’re all contracted year to year anyway.

It’s been a while since they’ve had a bit of a shake up of the professional line up.The female line up has remained unchanged since Aliona,Ola,Kristina,Natalie,Joanne etc all left so they’re due a change there.I think a few will leave soon anyway.

I’ve got to agree with this.They need to just drop the pros they no longer want there instead of keeping them out of some kind of loyalty.They’re all contracted year to year anyway.

It’s been a while since they’ve had a bit of a shake up of the professional line up.The female line up has remained unchanged since Aliona,Ola,Kristina,Natalie,Joanne etc all left so they’re due a change there.I think a few will leave soon anyway.
Agree it's time for a shakeup, been the same for 3-4 years now. It's been a long time since the shakeup after the 2015 and 16 series. I'd like some fresh blood, many talented dancers in the waiting.

Of the women, I'm definitely expecting to see Amy, Oti, Dianne & Katya back next year (I'll add in Luba if she does well with Jason) and Giovanni, Gorka & Johannes of the men. The rest are up in the air, hopefully Nancy will stick around and it'll be 3rd time lucky for her to get a celeb.

My guesses are that Janette & Neil are out next year, Anton is always a question mark, how long can he keep up? Karen might have one more series in her after this but will retire after that unless they want her as a female Anton. If Janette is out, I don't know if Aljaž will stay or not. I'll lean towards him staying for the money if nothing else. Nadiya & Graziano are both benched this year and neither are particularly popular so they may also leave.

If they are going to have benched pros, it should be people that they want as future pros and the bench should be an opportunity for them to dip their toe in the water before becoming full time pros rather than just benching former pros that didn't have much of a fanbase. Perhaps bring in people like Michael & Jowita from The Greatest Dancer as benched pros? They'll want a Strictly gig for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don’t buy this whole “Shirley decides she hates a female contestant and is constantly vile to her every year” theory.

She was definitely tough on Faye (and Ashley) but she said many lovely, effusive, complimentary things to her, too. The exact same with Emma B last year. They literally just showed clips of this on the recent specials!

Shirley tends to follow the same pattern with her remarks - a brief compliment, followed by some proper critique, followed by an encouraging remark. She seems to try really hard to do this and yet she’s still trolled to a ridiculous level about it. Death threats are not on.

I also don’t think you can put Charlotte Hawkins in this alleged theory anyway because a) she was AWFUL and b) Brendan was entirely responsible for that whole mess. He was disprespectful, sexist and had zero business giving Charlotte such difficult choreography. He tried to be the big man and made a fool of himself and got Charlotte caught up in it, too.

I do think Shirley fawns over any shirtless man with an ounce of hip action, but so does Motsi, so does Bruno, so did Darcey... they all need to tone it down massively on that front, it’s horrible.

Reactions: 7
I do think Shirley fawns over any shirtless man with an ounce of hip action, but so does Motsi, so does Bruno, so did Darcey... they all need to tone it down massively on that front, it’s horrible.
I definitely agree with you on this point especially! I wasn't a massive Kelvin fan but there was points where I was cringing for him when Shirley was giving her compliments to him.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen Nicola Adams Instagram where she not looking and Katya is like you watching is that real or an stupid tik tok thing?

Has anyone seen Nicola Adams Instagram where she not looking and Katya is like you watching is that real or an stupid tik tok thing?
Surely it’s a Tik Tok thing? Katya is lip synching to someone else’s voice, for a start.

Reactions: 1
I don't know if anyone saw this, but Dianne is getting constantly trolled on Twitter by a person who makes multiple accounts, but earlier today they tweeted this
Screenshot_20201023-212557.png

It's actually quite worrying that someone could actually be stalking Dianne or any of the pros for that matter, especially as AJ, Gorka & Giovanni where all victims of unprovoked attacked in the past few years.

• Wow
  • Angry
That is unhinged. Poor Dianne.

Hope the BBC are aware of this and have some kind of safety protocol for her.

This troll was supposedly harassing her last year on strictly as well; they go quiet once its over and then start back up again once the new season starts. They were trolling her even before she was paired up with Max. I would urge anyone if you see these tweets then to not be a passerby and report them ASAP.

This troll was supposedly harassing her last year on strictly as well; they go quiet once its over and then start back up again once the new season starts. They were trolling her even before she was paired up with Max. I would urge anyone if you see these tweets then to not be a passerby and report them ASAP.
This troll has been harassing Dianne ever since she got with Joe on like 4/5 different accounts, but it has gotten out of control over the past few months, with the amount of spam tweets they post to Dianne.

This is the first time they have actually tweeted about going to Dianne's apartment & trying to get into it. I personally don't think reporting it Twitter is helpful at all, as the accounts just get deleted & the person just sets up new ones. I think some people on Twitter have tried contacting Strictly and Dianne's management about it, so they can increase security or whatever, but not really sure if any messages have been seen or not.

This troll has been harassing Dianne ever since she got with Joe on like 4/5 different accounts, but it has gotten out of control over the past few months, with the amount of spam tweets they post to Dianne.

This is the first time they have actually tweeted about going to Dianne's apartment & trying to get into it. I personally don't think reporting it Twitter is helpful at all, as the accounts just get deleted & the person just sets up new ones. I think some people on Twitter have tried contacting Strictly and Dianne's management about it, so they can increase security or whatever, but not really sure if any messages have been seen or not.
Hopefully it will go to the police as they're the only ones who can really do anything.

Kevin and Stacy will be on The Cube this Saturday 🤢 I can't stand her or him to be fair.

Reactions: 6
Tonight's show starts at 25 past 7 and ends at quarter past 9 so ill reconvene here then :)(y)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.