Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This account says it has all the spoilers 👀

ETA: just someone playing silly buggers 😬

Last edited:
Not sure if that source is reliable or not but looking at what they "confirmed", it mostly seems plausible to me.

ETA: Read elsewhere that they are apparently not yet finished filming so likely fake.

Not sure if that source is reliable or not but looking at what they "confirmed", it mostly seems plausible to me.

EDIT: Apparently filming not yet finished so likely fake.
It seems weird that in the spoiler it says they are runner for the BBC. Surely a runner would have to sign a NDA.

I've been digging through Twitter - that is definitely a fake/troll account, it was under the username @CherylKeeneyMP prior to a few weeks ago. Definitely not legit.

Reactions: 1
I've been digging through Twitter - that is definitely a fake/troll account, it was under the username @CherylKeeneyMP prior to a few weeks ago. Definitely not legit.
Yeah defo a troll; was also going to add the point that surely the runners would already know the partnerships anyways as the pairings were filmed prior in VT's.

The official spoiler will probably be out later tonight through the normal spoiler twitter account.

No official spoiler came out last night so we will have to see on saturday; not long now!

I’ve just seen over on the Digital Spy forums that Jamie and Karen are both training in the same place and went and checked their socials myself and they do seem to be. I had Jamie with Dianne and Karen with Max but I’ve now swapped those around.

I’ve just seen over on the Digital Spy forums that Jamie and Karen are both training in the same place and went and checked their socials myself and they do seem to be. I had Jamie with Dianne and Karen with Max but I’ve now swapped those around.
It could be a shout however a lot of the partnerships train at the same dance studio in different rooms that look similar.

Oti and Kelvin are still returning doing a previous winners dance; I was hoping this year due to covid we could be free of that but they might have to dance apart from one another with some perspex glass in between :ROFLMAO:

It could be a shout however a lot of the partnerships train at the same dance studio in different rooms that look similar.

Oti and Kelvin are still returning doing a previous winners dance; I was hoping this year due to covid we could be free of that but they might have to dance apart from one another with some perspex glass in between :ROFLMAO:
They’re not at a dance studio though, they are training out of Elstree in the bit where the bar usually is apparently and after a quick Google they are both definitely in the same place😂

They should have just scrapped the winners dance this year doing it socially distanced doesn’t seem worth it.

Jamie seems like the type that they give Karen - she often gets eccentric or enthusiastic personalities.

I think Dianne & Karen were always the likely two partners for Max & Jamie regardless of which combinations the producers went with.

Both have decent chances of doing well this year - Jamie is the secret ringer of the series having contemporary dance training from his uni days and Max is a good looking boybander so is unlikely to be chopped liver. Most of the female pros have a chance of doing well this year - a good selection of male celebs this time ability and popularity wise and I reckon that Nicola can stick around for a while as well. Even Bill is a good get as he's popular. JJ is the one I see going earliest, if he gets Amy as I'm predicting, I can see them being forgettable unless he's a real surprise as a dancer. Even then, he's good looking and could get some votes for his backstory. All bets are off.

Not a great year for the male pros though, the only likely front runner comes across as a diva. I wonder how many of them want Jacqui or Ranvir for a quick exit this series which will in turn increase their chances of doing well next year?

Just a shame that it's looking like:
HRVY's partner appears to be Janette. Why TF do they keep putting pros that can't cut the mustard with the ringers? Male ringers are scarce as they are and it's only been Janette or Amy who have gotten them since Oti's series with Danny Mac. Can they not utilise Nadiya, Luba, Dianne, Katya etc with the really talented celebs and see what they can do? It angers me that they keep wasting good celebs on lacklustre pros. Janette shouldn't still be on the show after not even getting Aston Merrygold to Blackpool. I just know that HRVY's immense dance talent will be ruined.

It's things like this that put me off the show - viewing figures are going down and they can't figure out what needs to change - well, switching up some pros would be a start and putting more focus on legit ballroom and latin rather than hiring Burn The Floor types that have minimal ballroom background.

Reactions: 4
Ranvir's video is up:

Her favourite contestant is Ed Balls. She seems likeable and up for a laugh. Perhaps a good partner for Giovanni? I think I'd read on Digital Spy that she was a fan of him so I hope they are paired.

Likely pairings for female pros:
Bill - Oti
HRVY - Janette
Jason - Luba
Nicola - Katya

Guessing it's JJ with Amy and then one of Karen & Dianne for Max & Jamie.

For male pros, the following are likely:
Jacqui - Anton
Maisie - Gorka

Then a mix up of Aljaz/Giovanni/Johannes for Caroline/Clara/Ranvir. I'd say the ideal combos are Caroline/Aljaz, Clara/Johannes and Ranvir/Giovanni. I'd like Aljaz with someone different to his usual young but fairly quiet model type. I doubt Caroline is a bad dancer, just more that I'd rather see him with an older celeb and one with more personality.

I'm sorry but is that bleeping tiara going to be a feature of Maisie every week.
Drop me out with that tiara lol :p

I can see her being a finalist regardless; she'll be a good dancer and if she ends up in the bottom 2 I can see her being saved sort of like a Karim from last year.

As this series is a shorter one the votes won't be as widely spread so it'll be easier for her to get through; I think she might get a lot of votes from the Eastenders fan base.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.