Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Id quite like some one like Michael Ball or Elaine Paige. West end stars with some training but not specifically dancers

Or Ramin Karimloo who thanks to his year or so on Holby makes him well known. Or Lee Mead

Reactions: 3
My blood is still boiling from Craig giving Maisie a 9 for her quickstep and Bill a 10 for his moving around, fake guitar show “dance”.

That quickstep is up there with my favourite ever strictly routines, stunning dance, two stunning dancers.

• Angry
Reactions: 29
I'd love to see Marian Keyes on it!!! Obviously more so when lovley Pasha was still about...😂
I went to see her talk a few years ago and she admitted to having turned it down in the past. She loves posting about it (or at least used to, I don't follow her Twitter) but seemed a bit mortified at actually doing it. She's savvy, and knows that sometimes it's more fun to keep the dream alive than to do it in real life and ruin the illusion! But maybe she's had a change of heart in 2020, and now that the Pasha dream is dead she'd be willing to give it a go...? She's be very funny and I think she's gorgeous as well so would be well able to carry off the costumes!

Reactions: 5
Am I evil to want someone really terrible next year? I'd love for someone to break Quentin Wilson's record low score of 8/40.

I saw a little bit of the Austrian version - a politician from their version of UKIP got mostly single figure scores and stayed until the semi final. His semi final scores were 4/40 + 5/40. A total of 9/80, next lowest score on the leaderboard was 72/80!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Absolutely fuming with Craig for not giving Maisie's quickstep a 10 - that was the absolute best dance of the series and the perfect ending! And Gorka doing a cartwheel in his raspberry suit was just 😍😍😍

Gutted they didn't win, but happy for Oti and Bill. As soon as they'd done their showdance, they had it in the bag

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I wonder if they'll have a TV doctor next year because of COVID as a "thank you to the NHS". Not really my cup of tea but could see it happening.

Reactions: 2
I could see that one that was on love island , Alex
Was thinking him since he is actually active in the NHS. He's Welsh so would likely get Amy. His dancing on LI was awful from what I know.

As long as it isn't Dr. Hilary Jones (sorry, just can't stand him).

Reactions: 2
I think I would like to see Joe Wicks, Greg James, Emma Willis, Geri Halliwell, Joanna Lumley, Rylan!

Reactions: 6
Would love to see some comedians. Jimmy carr, kevin bridges or frankie boyle. They need to ramp it up a bit.

Reactions: 7
I hope Oti stays, Derek Hough won DWTS how many times? In my opinion her and Katya are the best choreographers but then again we haven't seen Dianne, Nancy, Luba and Nadiya with a Ringer yet..

But did anyone hear the rumour last year that Jay wanted to the Christmas special but was waiting for Oti to leave the competition early?

I think an allstars version would be great, but just past ringers, Ashley, Danny, Alexandra, Karim etc

Reactions: 9
I'd also like a better representation of different age brackets. It was good to actually have some youngsters this year in Maisie & HRVY. I often feel that the 30 & 40 age range is always over-represented. Would be cool to see a couple of oldies (65+).

I hope Oti stays, Derek Hough won DWTS how many times? In my opinion her and Katya are the best choreographers but then again we haven't seen Dianne, Nancy, Luba and Nadiya with a Ringer yet..

But did anyone hear the rumour last year that Jay wanted to the Christmas special but was waiting for Oti to leave the competition early?
6 times. I know quite a few pros who have won 3+ times abroad so who knows?

We haven't seen Nancy with any partner - I'd like to see her get a chance but there's not much info on her dance background so I'd be skeptical about giving her a celeb with any potential to start with.

Reactions: 4
Late to the party but LOVE that Bill won!! He is such a pure and kind soul and I’m so happy for him!! I really enjoyed his dances and they always put a smile on my face. You could really see the improvement in him as well I thought! I also like Oti’s choreography and it’s a testament to her as a teacher that she has won with Bill who wasn’t a ringer.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.