Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cant connect with some of the new pro dancers. They dont seem to have any character or personality. I pine for the days of brendan and james jordan and the way they used to get lippy with the judges and i also miss flava and vincent.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Who also think they will be pushing for a female win next year ala 2018???

I mean after 2 male wins and the most recent final having 3 males in it.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone think Oti will leave strictly then????
I bleeping hope so. She doesn’t have the right spirit of being able to do a funny routine imho, even Kevin from Grimsby did funny routines. Oti is a fantastic dancer and choreographer but it is unfair for the show.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Who also think they will be pushing for a female win next year ala 2018???

I mean after 2 male wins and the most recent final having 3 males in it.
I'd hate that, hopefully not. Since it's Olympic year, try and find a popular female Olympian with dance ability and that should ensure a win. I hate when they deliberately cast no male contenders - it's a sh*t deal for the female pros and it becomes one-note, I love seeing men embrace dance.

Or - cast mostly female journey contestants and male ringers like Danny/Karim standard so they don't get the public support.

Reactions: 3
I’d quite like it if they brought in Joshua Keefe. He was amazing with Courtney Act on Dancing With The Stars Australia last year and I believe he was in some of the pro dances this year

Reactions: 2
I’d quite like it if they brought in Joshua Keefe. He was amazing with Courtney Act on Dancing With The Stars Australia last year and I believe he was in some of the pro dances this year
I'm going to get crucified for saying this but he's around/over 40 which makes me think he won't be hired as a full time pro. Even Anton was in his 30s when hired. A pro over 40 just won't have the same energy as a 20-something and will be limited in the celebs they can get, plus are less likely to stick around for long.

Reactions: 4
I'd hate that, hopefully not. Since it's Olympic year, try and find a popular female Olympian with dance ability and that should ensure a win. I hate when they deliberately cast no male contenders - it's a sh*t deal for the female pros and it becomes one-note, I love seeing men embrace dance.

Or - cast mostly female journey contestants and male ringers like Danny/Karim standard so they don't get the public support.

Agreed I can already see it now probably back to 15 contestants next year:

2 male ringers
1 female ringer
3 male duffers
1 female duffer
4 male middlers
4 female middlers and one of those being a journey one that everyone gets behind and votes for and wins.

I'm going to get crucified for saying this but he's around/over 40 which makes me think he won't be hired as a full time pro. Even Anton was in his 30s when hired. A pro over 40 just won't have the same energy as a 20-something and will be limited in the celebs they can get, plus are less likely to stick around for long.
Oh I didn’t realise he was that old!🙈 He looking good for his age!

Reactions: 1
I'd like to see Luba go far next year - I think she's a fab dancer. But more Gio and Gorka please 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I hope she does I mean what more can she do?!?!?
I thought that after Danny and look what she's achieved. I love her choreo and her routines are always so varied every year. Even though I doubt she'll win again, I'd miss her so much if she were to step down.

To be honest, given how the series with Aston ended, I'm sure it's a victory alone for Janette to make a final.

I'm not usually one for reading too much into things but something was definitely off between Ranvir and Giovanni tonight! They barely looked at one another when seated together - bit of a frosty vibe...

Reactions: 27
Agreed I can already see it now probably back to 15 contestants next year:

2 male ringers
1 female ringer
3 male duffers
1 female duffer
4 male middlers
4 female middlers and one of those being a journey one that everyone gets behind and votes for and wins.
I began reading that list in the tune of Twelve days of Christmas 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.