Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #6 The Aftermath

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If we’re talking sports people we won’t get any competing Olympic athletes this year there’s to much of a tight turnaround the Summer Olympics will begin 23rd July and ends on Sunday 8th August. Plus any quarantine on reentry to the uk would mean someone like Tom (if he’s competing) missing the August rehearsals and fittings etc. So In reality Nile is far more likely this year. Tom is a very good shout in a couple years time. But I think I’d like to see Jess Enis or maybe Kelly homes.

Dan Walker announced he’s stepping down from football focus so he could be another contender. As far as we know there’s a full series this year so those who they had in mind for last year but couldn’t because of the shortened would most likely be first in line.

Every year I hope for Richard Madeley because it would be peak cringe and every year I’m disappointed! Maybe this is his time.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Pro dances are being done in August again so theoretically, it could work for an Olympian. Paralympics probably not. I imagine they’ll skip the ‘chemistry circle’ and group dance again so the celebs will likely meet their pros in the last week of Aug/first week of Sept and won’t really be needed before then.

Nile retired due to injury so I’d wait until 2022 to cast him, good shout for future seasons.

Can I suggest Rick Astley..... I think he’d be fun plus younger people would know him even if it’s just from the meme. (Even though production would 100% force him to dance to THAT song )

Reactions: 5
I just hope we don’t see any of the SAGE lot brought on since they’re basically now ‘celebs’. I saw someone on Digital Spy suggest Prof. Devi Sridhar - if she was on, I’d likely boycott. Same for Whitty & Vallance.

Despite my heavy metal leanings, my first (and still love his work) pop preference is someone who seems like a good bloke, has done a reality show before, so I would love to see Paul Young on the show. He's about 6ft 1 I think so might be good for Nadiya?

Edit: And Jet from Gladiators.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Is anyone else getting seriously bored of seeing Oti being pushed on every show going? I just don't think she's gotva strong enough personality outside of the show

Reactions: 10
Is anyone else getting seriously bored of seeing Oti being pushed on every show going? I just don't think she's gotva strong enough personality outside of the show
I don't know why they keep pushing her, they've never given any other pro this level of promotion, even Kevin was only promoted on the show and not out of it. She's basically the Derek Hough of SCD who was pushed way too much on DWTS.

Reactions: 3
I don't know why they keep pushing her, they've never given any other pro this level of promotion, even Kevin was only promoted on the show and not out of it. She's basically the Derek Hough of SCD who was pushed way too much on DWTS.
She’s got a great agent, they’re the ones doing all the work. This isn’t coming from the BBC/Strictly producers hence all the gigs she’s getting on ITV/Channel 4 now.

Reactions: 7
The Sun reporting that the BBC are allowing over 60s in the cast this year and that Anton is on standby as judge again:

The insider explained: “Bosses are likely to give Anton a weaker contestant who might go out early — allowing him to join the panel if necessary.”
Why not just have him as the 4th judge and they can drop to 3 if Motsi is unavailable? Or just bench him. Bit mental to cast a pro with the intention of them going out early.

The Sun reporting that the BBC are allowing over 60s in the cast this year and that Anton is on standby as judge again:

Why not just have him as the 4th judge and they can drop to 3 if Motsi is unavailable? Or just bench him. Bit mental to cast a pro with the intention of them going out early.
I think that’s what they did last season as well with Jacqui, the plan was always for him to do some judging i think.

Just get Anton on the judging Panel. Leave Bruno permanently in the US. And there are enough spare male dancers to give one of them a partner instead of Anton.

Reactions: 16

Not going to do much for the confidence of whoever gets partnered with Anton this year is it! 😆

I think that’s what they did last season as well with Jacqui, the plan was always for him to do some judging i think.
If they plan to have him do judging though, they shouldn't give him a celebrity and have him doing the judging or at least benched and doing other segments while on standby. Lots of male pros (both benched ones and also those who aren't on the show but have auditioned) who would really want that opportunity even if given a typical Anton partner.

This article is behind a paywall but in it, Oti announces that Strictly this year will be her last one:

Thoughts? I know not everyone is a fan here and it would be good to see other pros in the spotlight but she definitely is a fantastic teacher and choreographer so will be a huge loss to the show. They'll really need to search for a good replacement as the rest of the female lineup (except for Katya) rarely produce any particularly interesting choreo.

Reactions: 1
This article is behind a paywall but in it, Oti announces that Strictly this year will be her last one:

Thoughts? I know not everyone is a fan here and it would be good to see other pros in the spotlight but she definitely is a fantastic teacher and choreographer so will be a huge loss to the show. They'll really need to search for a good replacement as the rest of the female lineup (except for Katya) rarely produce any particularly interesting choreo.
After what she did with Danny Mac, I'll never have a bad word to say about Oti 😅 :love: I think she's a phenomenal dancer, choreographer, teacher, and she's gorgeous on top of all that. Like you said, the BBC better get looking for a good replacement. She'll be a huge loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.