Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, first time poster, hello!!!
Can anyone enlighten me on the mistakes the judges were talking about in Karim's performance, I wasn't watching properly and must have missed them or just am not good enough to notice? Thank you!!

Reactions: 1
Can anyone enlighten me on the mistakes the judges were talking about in Karim's performance, I wasn't watching properly and must have missed them or just am not good enough to notice? Thank you!!
Not sure about specific mistakes but the whole thing felt rushed to me, he was clearly nervous and out of his comfort zone. Wouldn't have given it higher than a 7 myself and I say this as someone that thinks he's the best dancer there who I'd much rather win over creepy Kelvin.

Reactions: 6
Reading conversations on Twitter apparently there were 2 mistakes but I'm not sure they were on camera.

Reactions: 2
You could see it on camera. I'm not a dance expert but it didn' flow, you could just tell somehow they were trying to recover

Reactions: 4
Ahh thank you, yeah I rewatched and saw right at the start he got entangled in her arm things and had to duck under it which obvs threw him off a bit, bless him he seemed so upset

God, gonna startt putting my vote to good use after seeing that #spoiler :oops:

Surprised at one of the couples in the bottom two. Someone’s ego will be bruised!

Reactions: 9
I didn’t see the very beginning but possibly got lost in each other’s arms doesn’t help she had that floaty dress on the arms. And he went on the wrong leg going backwards half way through if you watch amy briefly pauses as they sort their feet out. He has been one of my favourites but can’t helo but think she’s a sore loser now. When Claudia said it would be nice to get to Blackpool for Amy as she won the championships there and she’s never got this far with a partner and he said more importantly to show I can do it and not make mistakes or whatever he said. ITs all about him he’s not gracious or modest Is he

Reactions: 3
Not sure about the second one but there was a fairly noticeable stumble in the middle.
I thought 6 maybe a bit harsh but I found he overdanced it-a lot of the time he reminds me of a ballet/contemporary dancer rather than ballroom.

Not sure about the second one but there was a fairly noticeable stumble in the middle.
I thought 6 maybe a bit harsh but I found he overdanced it-a lot of the time he reminds me of a ballet/contemporary dancer rather than ballroom.
Sometimes I wonder to they vote according to the ability they are capable of ? Cos he's good and made mistakes did they vote him more harshly ?

Reactions: 3
I didn’t see the very beginning but possibly got lost in each other’s arms doesn’t help she had that floaty dress on the arms. And he went on the wrong leg going backwards half way through if you watch amy briefly pauses as they sort their feet out. He has been one of my favourites but can’t helo but think she’s a sore loser now. When Claudia said it would be nice to get to Blackpool for Amy as she won the championships there and she’s never got this far with a partner and he said more importantly to show I can do it and not make mistakes or whatever he said. ITs all about him he’s not gracious or modest Is he
To be honest, it's Amy that bothers me of the two. She's been blabbering on about how important getting to Blackpool is to her since last week's results show, bringing it up out of nowhere. That must put a lot of pressure on Karim. Then after their dance it really felt like she was trying to ensure they got the sympathy vote. Yes, he started to tear up, but it probably would have gone unspoken of, but Amy had to make sure we all saw when she said "you can see he's about to cry," as if she was narrating a nature documentary, rather than talking about someone right next to her. Everyone knows that pointing out someone being upset just makes them more upset, not to mention embarrassed. Then starts 'crying' herself and talking about how it's his birthday next week so we all have to vote for them. Okay love, we get it. Blackpool means everything to you, it's his birthday AND they're crying. Wow, we have to vote for them now. Anything else? Did his girlfriend break up with him? Is your hamster sick? Emotional manipulation to the max. I have more respect for Karim for just stating he was upset and frustrated with himself because he gave a poor performance. And I did vote for them, because I think he deserves to go further, but I resented doing so slightly thanks to Amy. Hope it was just a one off and the sickly sweet stuff from her isn't all a big act.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.