Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That couples choice that Chris and Karen did was pure cringe - the scoring that received was ridiculous.

Separately i'm very much enjoying seeing Kevin back rather than big nostril Neil.
Completely agree! I wondered if I’d watched a different dance to what the judges did. I really like Chris, but the scoring was way off.

Reactions: 6
Slightly off topic just watching catch phrase and mark Wright is on it said he got to the final of strictly why don’t I remember this what year was it 😂

Reactions: 1
Totally honest, I've gone off the show completely.
it started last year to be fair, but at the moment I have it on, but I’m not really bothered watching it.
the whole show has lost its spark.

it started last year to be fair, but at the moment I have it on, but I’m not really bothered watching it.
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t rate Shirley. Claudia is full of rubbish the scoring is up and down they Have saved the wrong person each week in my opinion apart from week 1. The dresses aren’t as good someone mentioned last week. The music doesn’t match some dances which therefore ruins the whole performance. It’s mostly on how popular the person is not on their actual dancing talent. They surely can’t continue with many more series’ already up to 17! I watched last nights on catch up today I got half way and got bored. The only ones I like are kelvin and Karim

Reactions: 4
Agree 100%, it's definetly lost it spark. I was looking forward to this series, but it has just been so underwhelming. It lasted 16 series, don't know why, but it seems the show is on its last leg.

Reactions: 2
Slightly off topic just watching catch phrase and mark Wright is on it said he got to the final of strictly why don’t I remember this what year was it 😂
2014, he danced with Karen Hauer (as she’s now known again). That was the year Caroline Flack won with Pasha, followed by Frankie Bridge & Kevin, then Simon Webb & Kristina Rihanoff. Jake Wood did his amazing hip shaking salsa with Janette. It was a great year.

The judges have managed to get even worse and it ruins the whole show, but more than that the celebs, their dances, it's all lost the sparkle and is turning more into just a reality show than the Strictly.

There's no stand out winner is there - I suppose it will be kelvin or Karim? Saffron has got all the support from the youngsters as Joe did - but she's not good enough to win.

Emma was very heartbroken- in a way that I don't think Mike would have been. I suspect she was also a little bit in love with Aljaz !

Reactions: 8
There's no stand out winner is there - I suppose it will be kelvin or Karim? Saffron has got all the support from the youngsters as Joe did - but she's not good enough to win.

Emma was very heartbroken- in a way that I don't think Mike would have been. I suspect she was also a little bit in love with Aljaz !
It's Alex for me to win! I think she is a genuine novice that has really improved and I love watching her dances.

Reactions: 8
Why do they keep saving Mike? Emma W was never going to win but I think she deserved to be saved over him atleast. It should be 3rd time in the vote off and you are gone the judges shouldn’t get a say then.

I like Chris and growing up in the same music era as him I really liked their routine, it was fun and you could tell he was loving it but I don’t think it was worth 9’s.

I think Alex could go far, she seems like a really lovely person and has taken the change of professional dancer well.

As said further up there doesn’t seem to be a clear winner, at this rate Mike could win it 🙄

Reactions: 5
2014, he danced with Karen Hauer (as she’s now known again). That was the year Caroline Flack won with Pasha, followed by Frankie Bridge & Kevin, then Simon Webb & Kristina Rihanoff. Jake Wood did his amazing hip shaking salsa with Janette. It was a great year.
Why don’t I remember him 😂😂 yeah it was a great year

• Haha
This year has been a bit lacklustre and I can't really put my finger on why. I think Karim is terrific - such a natural. It just all seems a bit humourless I suppose. Mike is the 'fun' element but I'm afraid I just find him a bit wierd and creepy and needy. The judges scoring has been just bonkers and I don't like Shirley at all. I think she has got a nasty edge. Len got like that and I was glad when he left.
I wish on It Takes Two they would tackle the harder questions (I don't watch it all the time so possibly they do???) but when a judge is on they just massage their egos.

Definitely a great year.

Reactions: 3
Does Mike have some kind of "you can make it to blackpool then thats it" contract.

• Haha
This year has been a bit lacklustre and I can't really put my finger on why. I think Karim is terrific - such a natural. It just all seems a bit humourless I suppose. Mike is the 'fun' element but I'm afraid I just find him a bit wierd and creepy and needy. The judges scoring has been just bonkers and I don't like Shirley at all. I think she has got a nasty edge. Len got like that and I was glad when he left.
I wish on It Takes Two they would tackle the harder questions (I don't watch it all the time so possibly they do???) but when a judge is on they just massage their egos.
I've gone off ITT, mostly because I find Rylan REALLY annoying, but also because it's so fluffy they never really get into talking about the dancing or the show in any real detail. Ian's warm up is the best part, he gives constructive criticism and you learn something which I like!

Why do they keep saving Mike? Emma W was never going to win but I think she deserved to be saved over him atleast. It should be 3rd time in the vote off and you are gone the judges shouldn’t get a say then.

I like Chris and growing up in the same music era as him I really liked their routine, it was fun and you could tell he was loving it but I don’t think it was worth 9’s.

I think Alex could go far, she seems like a really lovely person and has taken the change of professional dancer well.

As said further up there doesn’t seem to be a clear winner, at this rate Mike could win it 🙄
Chris' scoring was bananas. I like him and Karen, but I saw a comment elsewhere that says he hasn't shown a single bit of growth, as he's done 1 ballroom and so many Latin/out of hold dances that there's very little you could say he's learnt or adjusted to. Will be interesting to see how he does with a proper dance with technique he has to learn (tango, for example).

How they decide who gets what dance is interesting - Emma W had a lot of ballroom together, and then I think was felled by an average samba the week lots of others did well with ballroom. Karim has done so many fast dances one after the other after the other, if he stays in to the final he'll have weeks now of slower ballroom. Very odd.

Reactions: 4
I was out this week and missed strictly and just didn't have the interest to rewatch the show that i usually would, there is still a few couples who i enjoy their dance/partnerships but the majority i just havent warmed to and i think that combined with poor judging and the absence of any bad boy pros like James or Brendan who stuck up for their partners against judges and created a bit more atmosphere in the Claudiatourium makes it a bit flat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.