Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
When Craig does give praise - like when he knelt down for Debbie McGee - it means so much. But he doesn't stand up or give 10s until Blackpool at the earliest. But agree with previous comments - it is a scripted act. But actually he comes across as lovely.

Reactions: 7

Chocolate Crispie

I think it’s a good line up for Blackpool. My top 3 for the final would be Alex, Kelvin and Karim. Would love Chris to be there too but I don’t think he would beat Karim or Kelvin.

Doogiesog

Well Kelvin got 39 and Karim was definitely better than Kelvin so I see no point in complaints about the score.

Great dance from Emma. Chris or Alex must leave at this point.

Doogiesog

Yeah but his Granny didn’t cry!

I doubt we’ll get a sob story as he’s a Yorkshireman and they don’t show a lot of emotion (I’m married to one!).

Twice the judges have complimented him on being as good as a professional so I think they know what they’re talking about!
Of course there will be a sob story, it's happened for every couples choice VT. Even Chris supplied something about having acne in high school and being insecure. I think people fail to realise that this stuff is what they are told to do by the producers. They want the show to be as emotional and dramatic as possible. Kelvin has just had his couples choice later than most people so people think he's above it. I highly doubt he will refuse to go along with it.

And there's nothing wrong with people's family members getting emotional seeing them dance well, I think it's quite a natural, human response. It's called pride?

If you believe everything the judges say is genuine and honest then that's fine, but again, for me, I'm aware they want to give a good show. There's only so many generic compliments people can give before they run out, so then they start to go OTT (and no, it hasn't just happened with Kelvin). If at any point they could have truly mistaken him for a professional, then why wouldn't he have a 40 by now? The professional dancers often tone down their own dancing, so that their celebrities don't look bad in comparison. If you look Oti up on YouTube, you'll see that they're frankly not in the same league and Kelvin would stick out like a sore thumb in a professional contest. Again, nothing wrong with not being as good as a professional after 8 or so weeks, it's actually highly unrealistic. The only people that have been on this show that I'd say were that good at certain points are Danny Mac and Ashley Roberts.

Last edited:

Alightened

VIP Member
They all tried to vote and the phonelines weren't working. They're going to complain and want to see the voting results as it's a fix!
I think they should all get themselves to bed now, it's late and they've got primary school tomorrow🙄

• Haha

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I just think AJ and his brother wouldn't work out, just simply because of the height difference! Call me shallow but I hate watching two men presenters with such a sizeable height difference stand side by side! Doesn't AJ come up to Curtis shoulder!!
His brother has no personality either he’s so wooden

MrsCuthbo

Ugh they were all boring.
Obvs apart from Chris.
Altho have to say, his mean face was..... well it made me laugh. I still would tho. Probs more so when he’s been mean and moody.
Sorry totally off thread here arent i😉
Its the 🍷

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Sweetard

Slightly off topic just watching catch phrase and mark Wright is on it said he got to the final of strictly why don’t I remember this what year was it 😂
2014, he danced with Karen Hauer (as she’s now known again). That was the year Caroline Flack won with Pasha, followed by Frankie Bridge & Kevin, then Simon Webb & Kristina Rihanoff. Jake Wood did his amazing hip shaking salsa with Janette. It was a great year.

Sweetard

It's so funny because I have never liked Kevin very much-thought he has always been a bit overrated. However after seeing Alex and Neil I am practically begging Kevin back! I don't know why I just can't stand Neil 😂 and that's saying something coming from me who's doesn't like Kevin!!
Same. Kevin just seemed to match Alex better than Neil.

Having seen his girlfriend I can see why!
I’ve just had a nose at his insta & you’re right, AJ’s girlfriend is naturally absolutely STUNNING!

midnightrose

VIP Member
I thought Karim was fantastic tonight. That dance was a sparkling performance worthy of being at the West End!

Alex or Chris should go.

Also, credit where credit is due... Emma’s swivels in that Charleston were impressive!

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
I agree ITT made for uncomfortable viewing. It's very odd to see Dianne not as the OTT bubbly woman she is normally. She looked drained and just looked completely done with the whole thing.

The BBC might want to thread carefully because Dianne looks shattered, don't think she can take much more. The minions posted pics of the difference from this week's ITT to her on other weeks and it quite a contrast.

EG21XcNXUAEfpQ2.jpeg
EG21Xx_X0AYZ0M1.jpeg
EG21YKTX0AE9Iol.jpeg
EG21YaPXUAc5myn.jpeg

• Sad

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Voted for Chris. I don't want Kelvin to win, I can't warm to him and his dance lacks personality for me. I drift off and start reading Tattle.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Its a shame that AJ feels he has to make veiled references to his sexuality - its absolutely ridiculous that he can't be open about it in this day and age. Perhaps its personal choice.
He has made comments about not labelling his sexuality and just loving whoever he loves. Curtis has said he's open to a relationship with a guy.

Basically, I think they both swing both ways.

• Heart

Laughingforlife

VIP Member
I agree ITT made for uncomfortable viewing. It's very odd to see Dianne not as the OTT bubbly woman she is normally. She looked drained and just looked completely done with the whole thing.

The BBC might want to thread carefully because Dianne looks shattered, don't think she can take much more. The minions posted pics of the difference from this week's ITT to her on other weeks and it quite a contrast.

View attachment 48783View attachment 48784View attachment 48785View attachment 48786
Bless her, she looks so unhappy. I hope she's ok. Her heart is in the right place.