Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SmhCarrot

That’s a lie though. Because joe posted a video on insta of him calling ten times and didn’t once mention that it hadn’t got through? Didn’t he?
I am surprised he is actually insinuating this since he legitimately works for Strictly on the podcast and so should be staying neutral and not stirring it up. That being said, can I say I'm almost impressed with him actually putting his relationship first for once and not bs ing his way out of this one?
It's strange though because some people had no problem but a lot of people couldn't get through. Theoretically this means that all the lines should have been down for all couples, however apparently this wasn't the case so don't know how much is true and how much has been twisted by fans.

Reactions: 6

Pinko

VIP Member
I would like to think it wasnt due to racism. His dance was meh in comparison to his previous week and not memorable or much good compared to others last week. Contestants get to the final based on likability and good dancing (judges faves). Like it or not, it's a popularity contest! It is always used when someone good goes out like Aston last year. Maybe people thought they didnt need a vote as they were safe. I remember Gaby Logan suffering the same fate as the public thought she didnt need their vote. Alesha Dixon and Ore won, other finalists Colin Jackson (who lost on an abysmal show dance), Alexandra burke (people were against her because of dancing background), Ricky Whittle (lost out to the underdog Chris Hollins). It annoys me when some people use the racism card- it's all to do with how you play the game.
1. Do you have a lot of social media followers?
2. Are you a household name?
3. Are you a great dancer?
4. Do you have the likeability factor?
5 Have you come on a 'journey'?
6. Are you the judges' favourite (if so you will get public backlash- eg Emma bunton)?
7. Have you put the hours in and not come across poorly in the show footage?
8. Has your dance got good music and costumes? (these can scupper your chances)
9. Have you avoided scandal?
10. 🤔 Can you think if any others? 😊😉

gypsymoth

VIP Member
its less about the dancing these days which saddens me. my dad (still a dance teacher with his own dance school) is 76 and still teaching, he was involved with the original making of the show. he won't watch it anymore as its more about the showmanship and lesser and lesser about the technique

as for the token youtuber going on the show......sarah ingham?

• Haha

Doogiesog

Sorry, first time poster, hello!!!
Can anyone enlighten me on the mistakes the judges were talking about in Karim's performance, I wasn't watching properly and must have missed them or just am not good enough to notice? Thank you!!
Not sure about specific mistakes but the whole thing felt rushed to me, he was clearly nervous and out of his comfort zone. Wouldn't have given it higher than a 7 myself and I say this as someone that thinks he's the best dancer there who I'd much rather win over creepy Kelvin.

thegreencow

VIP Member
AJ is gorgeous. His and Saffron's Tango has had over 900k views on YouTube.

Absolutely love ITT. Can't wait for it to get colder so I can snuggle up on the sofa and watch it. Hot chocolate in hand, under the blanket all cosy. Oh the life!

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hmmm interesting. I like them as a couple 😂😂 I think it’s nice they’re still together? And I do actually think she’s a good dancer but fair enough. Not really looked into it like that before
I liked them as a couple this time last year but since then I couldn’t be bothered with either of them, she’s as bad as him now. 🤷‍♀️
She’s just a female butter cream.

• Haha

Web30

VIP Member
Does Mike have some kind of "you can make it to blackpool then thats it" contract.

• Haha

TinaTree

Chatty Member
Does anyone else not love Karim, i personally find him too excitable and over the top for me and added to the fact he trained at Sylvia Young i just cant warm to him yet everyone i talk to wants him to win

Ohhlala

That couples choice that Chris and Karen did was pure cringe - the scoring that received was ridiculous.

Separately i'm very much enjoying seeing Kevin back rather than big nostril Neil.
Completely agree! I wondered if I’d watched a different dance to what the judges did. I really like Chris, but the scoring was way off.

Laughingforlife

VIP Member
Just had a look on Twitter. The YOUNG people are up in arms and just want to give her a big hug!!
The minions? I wondered how they were going to react. I'm just waiting for the "oh I bet Joe gave her massive cuddle and made her a hot chocolate" that load of obsessive shit.

• Haha

BDY_97

VIP Member
I barely watch it and I only heard of Dianne through joe, AJ, gorka, Kevin are the ones I’d heard of not being a viewer
Every single pro on strictly is talented and well known, I think these people forget that the other pros such as Kevin, Giovanni, aljaz etc are all extremely popular with the strictly audience. I am positive that if she wasn’t paired with joe last year people would still have no clue who she is! No one is ever too big for the show... which was clearly proven with the Jordan’s and Brendan. I actually have started to quite like Dianne again, but the whole sobbing thing on Sunday wasn’t necessary.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I always find Blackpool week gets overmarked. I don’t like the other dancers being present in each dance as it distracts from the couple.

BDY_97

VIP Member
Really looking forward to seeing what Jamie Laing will be like!
I honestly think he is going to surprise everyone and be SO good! He got quite a positive reaction considering he’s a reality star, the only person I haven’t known in the line up is viscountess Emma Weymouth so I did have to google her, but I can’t be arsed with all the people saying “who” under every. single. post
Even if the line up was full of people who no one knew the series would still be amazing as you get to know them, that’s the whole point 😂

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
Does Shirley have some personal beef with Anton? Lol it’s like she was mad at him so just pulled him and Emma apart 😂