Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
There is always one big shock dance off/elimination every year, and this is definitely the one for this year, and the wrong person eliminated from the dance off, they shouldn’t have even been in the dance off.

Unless Kelvin ends up in a dance off at some point, that would shock, even though the judges would cream themselves to save him.

Reactions: 8

midnightrose

VIP Member
I'd prefer Kelvin to win over Karim. I don't know what it is about Karim, but I couldn't warm to him. He just seems so disingenuous and full of himself.

Honestly I want Chris to win, just cause I like him, his dancing isn't great, but he is a great character and is entertaining to watch. If not Chris then Emma, just so Anton will retire
See I prefer Karim over Kelvin. Kelvin just comes across too arrogant.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Completely agree. The contestants know as well that if they get a compliment from Craig they know he means it. The other judges can be really cringe with their over gushing comments.
Motsi in particular for me is a bit cringe, and gushing in finding praise and emotional reasons to compliment, but when it comes to the actual dance critique I think she doesn’t give enough constructive advice sometimes.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Kelvin was on holiday in the same hotel as me last year with his family. His wife/partner was pregnant with their 2nd child. They seemed such a lovely family, he wasn't at all starry and stopped to chat a few times, so I'm a big fan of his.

Also like Chris mainly because he's the only one left that started rubbish and has really worked at it. He's not the best dancer, but the most improved. And he just seems to be soaking it all up and enjoying every minute

Sweetard

Does anyone know why Janette hasn't been in the pro dances for the past 2 weeks, I don't like Janette and think she is over-rated, but I do find it odd she wasn't in the pro number this week & last week and there hasn't been a word about it. Anyone know why or did I just miss her because they finally stopped putting her at the front of every number
Oh yeah, she is normally is right at the front or being lifted up. I hope it’s because she might be pregnant! 🤞They are both very clucky over relatives’ babies on Instagram. it’s been a refreshing change to have Dianne B as lead, Oti, etc. I hope it isn’t because anything went on with Aljaz & Emma W. Watch this space ...

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Shirley always seems to have clear favourites and a few she hates, I remember she was always over-marking and overpraising Simon Rimmer as they were both from the same area and last year she barley criticised Joe who certainly wasnt the best technical dancer. Yet she seems to take a dislike to some women - last year it was obvious her dislike of Faye and this year i think she can seem quite rude when commenting on Emma Barton
Shirley needs to be given the boot quite frankly, her behaviour as Head Judge has been disgraceful, the favouritism is so obvious and it is unacceptable.

Sweet Jesus! Where has kelvin been hiding that rather large package 😳 how did I only notice it when he jumped up and down after getting his scores #mustlookharder

• Haha

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
That’s Craig’s act though isn’t it? He’s been like that since the first series. His role is the nasty judge. Probably has his opinions scripted by the Producers!

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
Loved Dev's dancing such potential
but what a bizarre choreography decision of Dianne's to have parts of the routine performed with her back fully to the camera and totally obscuring her partner, so strange 🤔.

SmhCarrot

Not sure where it's from but saw some people on twitter saying that Craig said in an interview something along the lines of 'all the bad ones are gone now we just have the good ones' which is bizarre since Dev (who he gave 8s and 9s to) and Cath are gone, yet people like Chris and Mike are still there?

Reactions: 7

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
I hope so too. I used to work at a major London station and 90% were sympathetic, 10% not so much (not young people either), whenever one of those situations occurred. It happens a lot more than you think.
It was only a year or 2 ago, she was 17/18. Having suffered with MDD since 14 myself and having at least 10 girls in just my year hospitalised for mental illness between 14-16, the amount of kids suffering from severe mental health issues is rising and it would have been the same in Saffrons school. Also knowing the amount of mental health education that kids have been getting over the past 10 years, age is not an excuse for ignorance. Saffron is a self obessesed fame whore. She could be a world champion dancer and still wouldn't want her to win Strictly. I may be being harsh, but her comments disgusted me at the time and still disgust me now.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I like Kelvin. As stated by the Judges, those lifts he did on Saturday were incredibly difficult and even the professionals take ages to be able to do them. As he's a racing driver, he's clearly very competitve and so any competitive person is going to be disappointed in their scores and is always going to think they can do better.

TinaTree

Chatty Member
I usually love Katyas choreography as its unexpected and often works quite well but this weeks just seemed bizare and it would of been nice to see a serious dance with more content then the comedy stuff and bizare lifts