Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chocolate Crispie

I think my bottom 3 this week are Emma W, Saffron and Mike.

Shirley is also on a power trip with her comments this week. Think she maybe got a telling off after last weeks results.

Reactions: 9

Cantstandspanj

Chatty Member
Is it not maybe more to do with the fact that Dianne knows that Dev has so much more to offer and was potentially frustrated by that fact. Knowing that his strictly effort is over when people like David and Mike and even Alex are still in who are waaaaay worse dancers than Dev?
Cos let’s be honest David improved buthe was still embarrassingly crap!

Acey678

Going to exercise my free votes for Chris tonight - he's come so far & it would be awesome to see him in the final 💪

Doogiesog

I didn’t see the very beginning but possibly got lost in each other’s arms doesn’t help she had that floaty dress on the arms. And he went on the wrong leg going backwards half way through if you watch amy briefly pauses as they sort their feet out. He has been one of my favourites but can’t helo but think she’s a sore loser now. When Claudia said it would be nice to get to Blackpool for Amy as she won the championships there and she’s never got this far with a partner and he said more importantly to show I can do it and not make mistakes or whatever he said. ITs all about him he’s not gracious or modest Is he
To be honest, it's Amy that bothers me of the two. She's been blabbering on about how important getting to Blackpool is to her since last week's results show, bringing it up out of nowhere. That must put a lot of pressure on Karim. Then after their dance it really felt like she was trying to ensure they got the sympathy vote. Yes, he started to tear up, but it probably would have gone unspoken of, but Amy had to make sure we all saw when she said "you can see he's about to cry," as if she was narrating a nature documentary, rather than talking about someone right next to her. Everyone knows that pointing out someone being upset just makes them more upset, not to mention embarrassed. Then starts 'crying' herself and talking about how it's his birthday next week so we all have to vote for them. Okay love, we get it. Blackpool means everything to you, it's his birthday AND they're crying. Wow, we have to vote for them now. Anything else? Did his girlfriend break up with him? Is your hamster sick? Emotional manipulation to the max. I have more respect for Karim for just stating he was upset and frustrated with himself because he gave a poor performance. And I did vote for them, because I think he deserves to go further, but I resented doing so slightly thanks to Amy. Hope it was just a one off and the sickly sweet stuff from her isn't all a big act.

Last edited:

Sweetard

I feel bad for Oti that her sister is judging her because in my opinion Motsi is so worried about being accused of nepotism that she’s not giving the couple half the praise & high scores that they deserve.

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
Crikey, Dianne did look rough on It Takes Two (I mean to be fair, she still looked great), but it was obvious she had been crying a lot. Joe on Lorraine said she wasn't ok as well- this has really got to her and I don't know why. The tone of the tweets she has been liking, etc. indicate she isn't bullshitting around and is subtly quite angry with the judges' decision which to be honest she has a right to since it was the wrong decision. I'm assuming she is still in a state of shock, I don't know how else to explain this breakdown?
Maybe because getting voted off meant she had to spend her Sunday with Zalfie. Enough to make anyone feel off

• Haha

Sweetard

Kelvin has the same issue as Danny Mac (so forgettable I had to google him!) IMO. He works great with Oti, does great, impressive routines and clearly has dance experience, but the personality just doesnt connect. Like I couldnt even name one stand out thing about his personality. Whereas I think Jamie Laing would've been a lot more fun to watch.

Karim is sweet and has more of a personality but I think comes across as the talented kid in his first competition in the adult category.

So I think that's why Emma could take it. Strictly isn't really about choosing the best dancer and people have warmed to her since the whole Shirley thing. Add that to the Anton thing (which I'm on board with haha) and it could actually happen.
Danny Mac forgettable? This is incredible. Literally ground breaking.
There are stories circulating about David James and Nadiya
Told ya! 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Doogiesog

I really like Chris as a person and am glad he wasn't voted out straight away but I have to admit I don't find his dancing remotely good OR entertaining, so it's lost on me as to why his vote seems to be so strong. There have been lesser dancers in previous years like Judge Rinder and Ed Balls who entertained me with their dances but I genuinely find most of Chris' dances a bit boring. I don't necessarily always believe that all votes should go to the best dance, but I also don't think it should be 100% a personality contest. It isn't Big Brother or Love Island. Time for him to go, the gap between him and the others is getting too big.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I don’t think Kelvin needs to be fanciable to be likeable? I don’t fancy him but I do think he’s a good dancer. I’d like him to win.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Am I the only one who doesn't like Kelvin?
No, I can’t stand him, and I definitely don’t get the attraction to him.
Bl@@dy love chris ramsey
He is quite fanciable as the cheeky chappy lad sort😉
Thought last night’s performance was really entertaining and thats what its all about.
The others bore me apart from kelvin and I think he will win it too.
Now Chris Ramsey, there is a gorgeous man, funny, cute smile, nice arse if I’m honest. Not the best dancer, but clearly just having a great time, and that is what matters for him. He’s having fun, he knows he won’t win, but he is having fun.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
"I know some people think: 'Ooh, he's got dance experience, it helps'. But I say it's like languages; if you can speak Spanish, it doesn't mean you can speak Italian."

She continued: "If you're ballet trained you can have such turned-out feet, but in ballroom you need parallel feet, so you've actually then got to un-train them and then train them”

Imo not completely true.
If you’ve learned one form of dance you do learn how to hold your body, how to move you body and how to follow instructions in dance.
I think it does give you an advantage. 🤷‍♀️

Asdfghjkll

Chatty Member
Just chipping in to say you’re all right with Kelvin coming across as arrogant. My brother works in the racing world and has met kelvin multiple times and he is known for being an arsehole. So my brother’s team now proceed to sing the strictly theme tune every time they see him... which he hates 😂😂

• Haha
I am glad that someone else noticed the music has gone downhill this year. One of the things that has changed is that when doing a song, the singers now try to sing like the original singer instead of their own voice. For example when 'what you waiting for' was on, the singer was trying to emulate Gwen Stefani. I always thought the live aspect was the best bit of the music.

And then they keep picking random songs that no one knows...and the song Emma and Anton danced to this week was terrible! I know it was a typical halloweeny number but after the first few bars (which are really familiar) the rest of the song was unknown.

Shirleys favouritism is ridiculously obvious too. She clearly really likes michelle. Beams when she speaks to her. And yet when she speaks to Emma, shes cold.

Scorings been all over the place. How is mike still in?

SmhCarrot

The one that infuriates me the most is Shirley. She makes it seem like she is all tough on technique and whinges a lot and then reduces it all with unnecessary comments about certain male dancers and waffles about 'growth as a dancer' and 'energy'.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Loved Dev's dancing such potential
but what a bizarre choreography decision of Dianne's to have parts of the routine performed with her back fully to the camera and totally obscuring her partner, so strange 🤔.
Also strange that given they do camera blocking on Fridays, specifically so the camera crews know where the dancers are going to be so they can get the shots at the right angles and not be in the way etc. There was a couple of dodgy moments of camera work and sound work last night.

• Heart