Strictly Come Dancing 2019

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kelvin was amazing 😍. I thought it was a great first show so many look like they will do great. So glad Anton has a decent partner and could go far, they are a good pairing very comical.
Also happy that Neil Jones is finally in the line up too.

Reactions: 7
It seems there are quite a few strong males this year (Kelvin, Karim, Dev) which is a nice contrast to last year where the top scorers were predominantly female, although I am a bit disappointed that there aren't a few better females bar Michelle, Saffron, etc.

What a great opening show. A few contestants really stood out but my favourites were Kelvin and Michelle.

I struggled a bit watching Kelvin shimmying as he reminds me of my brother 🤢 but Otsi is amazing and I’m pleased she has a good partner.
Michelle performed really well. Full of attitude and sass.

Reactions: 6
Kelvin and Oti are going to win. I’m calling it now. Did he used to be this good looking 😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Loved Dev's dancing such potential
but what a bizarre choreography decision of Dianne's to have parts of the routine performed with her back fully to the camera and totally obscuring her partner, so strange 🤔.

Loved Dev's dancing such potential
but what a bizarre choreography decision of Dianne's to have parts of the routine performed with her back fully to the camera and totally obscuring her partner, so strange 🤔.
Also strange that given they do camera blocking on Fridays, specifically so the camera crews know where the dancers are going to be so they can get the shots at the right angles and not be in the way etc. There was a couple of dodgy moments of camera work and sound work last night.

• Heart
What’s everyones problem with Dianne genuine question
Joe 😐 for me anyway 😬
I hate they way they’re using strictly to push themselves as a couple, even 12 months later she’s doing dances with him 🤷‍♀️
That’s just my opinion I don’t view her as one of the professionals anymore, she’s become an influencer who’s now dancing with a contestant 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Kelvin was phenomenal. I hope he goes all the way with Oti, she’s an amazing dancer. (Still sad she didn’t win with Danny)
But Danny had dance training? ) I don't think this should have disqualed him in the eyes of voters, but....) Amazingly, so far, it seems Kelvin has not received such training. which must mean he is a stand out to win, if he carries o

Joe 😐 for me anyway 😬
I hate they way they’re using strictly to push themselves as a couple, even 12 months later she’s doing dances with him 🤷‍♀️
That’s just my opinion I don’t view her as one of the professionals anymore, she’s become an influencer who’s now dancing with a contestant 🤷‍♀️
And when you compare (the older) Kelvin;s physique with Sug';s, you realise even more how Sugg is winging it all the time.

I am not saying Sugg could have achieved Kelvin's physique if Sugg had applied himself overtly the last 9 months, but I think he could have done a lot more to condition himself than he has. I pity those who are paying to watch JOANNE on tour. For me, it is a piss-take.

In Sugg;s shoes, I would try to sign up Kelvin now to dance with DB on tour, while Kelvin remains comparatively cheap.

I accept this reduces the Sugg role on tour to gurning and happy, clappy waves at the audience, but honestly, if you cannot project your singing voice, or dance competently, what else is there left to do, other than to be a stage hand?

Last edited:
But Danny had dance training? ) I don't think this should have disqualed him in the eyes of voters, but....) Amazingly, so far, it seems Kelvin has not received such training. which must mean he is a stand out to win, if he carries o

And when you compare (the older) Kelvin;s physique with Sug';s, you realise even more how Sugg is winging it all the time.

I am not saying Sugg could have achieved Kelvin's physique if Sugg had applied himself overtly the last 9 months, but I think he could have done a lot more to condition himself than he has. I pity those who are paying to watch JOANNE on tour. For me, it is a piss-take.

In Sugg;s shoes, I would try to sign up Kelvin now to dance with DB on tour, while Kelvin remains comparatively cheap.

I accept this reduces the Sugg role on tour to gurning and happy, clappy waves at the audience, but honestly, if you cannot project your singing voice, or dance competently, what else is there left to do, other than to be a stage hand?
Joe and Dianne are doing a dancing tour ? is that just aimed at his tween fans as surely nobody else would want to watch that ! Id much rather get tickets to Gorka and Karen's tour

• Haha
Joe and Dianne are doing a dancing tour ? is that just aimed at his tween fans as surely nobody else would want to watch that ! Id much rather get tickets to Gorka and Karen's tour
It is a Variety Tour (sic), rather like the 57 varieties of Heinz (I suspect).

I cannot see anyone else other than Minions paying to watch, apart form the 45 year old woman with 2 dogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Joe 😐 for me anyway 😬
Hmmm interesting. I like them as a couple 😂😂 I think it’s nice they’re still together? And I do actually think she’s a good dancer but fair enough. Not really looked into it like that before

Reactions: 1
Hmmm interesting. I like them as a couple 😂😂 I think it’s nice they’re still together? And I do actually think she’s a good dancer but fair enough. Not really looked into it like that before
I liked them as a couple this time last year but since then I couldn’t be bothered with either of them, she’s as bad as him now. 🤷‍♀️
She’s just a female butter cream.

• Haha
That as well 😂😂 they’ve ruined strictly for me, I’ve watched it for years and this year was the first time I thought, do I really want to watch this again.
It’s losing its touch. It was way better a few years ago. I miss Len. Proper traditional ballroom and Latin dancing

Reactions: 5
I much preferred Diane's Ex, the actor from Emmerdale and was suspicious with the timing of their separation and relationship with Joe

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.