Stranger Things - Neflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dunno. I don't do Horror. Ever. At all. I just find the genre/movies etc way too scary. I watched the first season of ST through my fingers as I was scared to bits then....

The only scene in this that I watched through my fingers was the second and third of Vecna's victims (as I knew what was coming) and El confronting Angela in the courtyard at school. I didn't find it that scary. Gory maybe but not scary.

Interested to see what others think though.

Reactions: 5
I dunno. I don't do Horror. Ever. At all. I just find the genre/movies etc way too scary. I watched the first season of ST through my fingers as I was scared to bits then....

The only scene in this that I watched through my fingers was the second and third of Vecna's victims (as I knew what was coming) and El confronting Angela in the courtyard at school. I didn't find it that scary. Gory maybe but not scary.

I agree. I can't do horror at all - nothing in the world would persuade me to watch a Saw film - but I didn't really flinch watching S4 at all. The death scenes aren't nice, but they're still more a nod to horror that full on.

I once caught the end of Jeepers Creepers whilst flicking through channels and that gave me nightmares for ages. They seem to have taken inspiration from that a bit, but ST is nowhere near as icky or scary to me. A lot of horror films just have a nasty, gratuitous feel, but ST never has, maybe that's why it doesn't affect me in the same way

Reactions: 8
I love horror movies and novels, it can take a lot to shock or spook me. I wouldn’t say I was terrified watching Stranger Things but enjoyed the vibes and the elements drawn from horror movies of that period in time - the ones we grew up with. I also really enjoyed the suspense of this series’ villain and how his next victim could be any one of the characters. I thought the plot was much stronger than in the previous series too.

• Heart

I love horror movies so it doesn’t faze me ,but I think there’s more of an evil lurking in this series.

I agree. I can't do horror at all - nothing in the world would persuade me to watch a Saw film - but I didn't really flinch watching S4 at all. The death scenes aren't nice, but they're still more a nod to horror that full on.

I once caught the end of Jeepers Creepers whilst flicking through channels and that gave me nightmares for ages. They seem to have taken inspiration from that a bit, but ST is nowhere near as icky or scary to me. A lot of horror films just have a nasty, gratuitous feel, but ST never has, maybe that's why it doesn't affect me in the same way
Yeah ,I get Jeepers vibes from this too but not overpowering.

I love horror movies and novels, it can take a lot to shock or spook me. I wouldn’t say I was terrified watching Stranger Things but enjoyed the vibes and the elements drawn from horror movies of that period in time - the ones we grew up with. I also really enjoyed the suspense of this series’ villain and how his next victim could be any one of the characters. I thought the plot was much stronger than in the previous series too.
Exactly what you’ve described there, tbh I was setting myself up for failure thinking it was going to go down the Walking Dead route where they totally ruined it ,but I was surprised at how much I was drawn back into the story ,love Joyce and Murray’s quirky partnership for the fun element too, I think the writers have done really well I hope the ending isn’t a letdown.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
This season has a different feel to it. A bit more grown up. I'm a huge horror fan and the ending of the first episode was amazing. Only watched 4 episodes so far but the end of episode 4 wow! The 80s nostalgia throughout and the music is genius.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really need to actually find the time to restart my Netflix subscription and actually watch this and let my heart refill with love for Steve Harrington!

• Heart
i can tell you his hair is as perfect as ever! :love:
Good. Bet he doesn't have an outfit as cute as his Scoops Ahoy outfit though. Can't explain just how hot looked in that, and what I'd want him to do to me in that outfit.

Reactions: 4
will reminds me so much of daniel radcliffe now! even the voice!

Reactions: 1
I'm on Primarni watch as they've started selling Hellfire Club t-shirts and my lad wants one. Sold out everywhere!

Reactions: 7
I've just finished the 7 episodes and I'm giving myself a few days off before rewatching because I feel like I missed quite a lot. I love love loved the scenes in Hawkins but I did think the Russia storyline was silly to the point of annoying in some parts. Slight redemption in the last episode though.

And all the pop culture references were 👌🏻 as usual. The opening scene of ep 1 was especially good!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.