Storm Ciara and Dennis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

It's a once in a decade storm, you're advised to not leave the house unless you need to with 80 mph winds inland. They do tend to be very of cautious, but this one might be worthy of it.

Even through my ear plugs I woke up several times. Looks like a full week of disruptive weather.

Reactions: 5
I woke up around 5 & couldn’t believe how windy it is out there!! Planning on staying in with the kids today. Partner is at work though, he has a good 45 minute journey home & I just hope he’s not affected by it in any way.

Reactions: 4
It's awful around me too in open countryside. It makes me very anxious the wind i hate it. Im just waiting for a crash of some sort and the tiles coming off.

Reactions: 2
We're off to North Wales today. We booked a pretty expensive spa hotel that's non refundable so we're going.

It's only an hour away from our house but it's on the coast so I can imagine it will be pretty bad there. At least the hotel is nice so once we're there we won't be going out.

Not too bad at the minute where I am. Rain and a bit of wind but nothing as dramatic as its been made out to be.

We're going to wait to leave until mid afternoon because we can't check in til 3 and it looks like it will start to calm down later today.

We're off to North Wales today. We booked a pretty expensive spa hotel that's non refundable so we're going.

It's only an hour away from our house but it's on the coast so I can imagine it will be pretty bad there. At least the hotel is nice so once we're there we won't be going out.

Not too bad at the minute where I am. Rain and a bit of wind but nothing as dramatic as its been made out to be.

We're going to wait to leave until mid afternoon because we can't check in til 3 and it looks like it will start to calm down later today.
Safe journey. . My partner is fast on and im up and down to the window! Theres little that can be done so don't know why it makes me so anxious.

Yel

Sounds funny but believable that trampolines are one of the biggest risks for the railways during a storm

• Wow
Sounds funny but believable that trampolines are one of the biggest risks for the railways during a storm

Our trampoline flew into the back of our house during the last storm! We’ve got it weighed down now.

Loads of local places have closed for the day. I'm yet to look outside but it sounds awful

Reactions: 1
I've got cinema tickets for us all this afternoon, I'd rather not go. Is there any chance a national chain will refund them?

I'm catching a flight from Belfast at 3PM 😬

Reaaaaally looking forward to it 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm sat watching some workmen take down some scaffolding, why they chose today to do it I will never know but seeing as we have a power cut it's something to watch!

Bloody awful here (Sussex) at the moment, we’re end of terrace so get battered from all sides 🙈 not going out today tho!

I’ve got scaffolding front and back, it was supposed to of got taken down last week no one turned up. Didnt get a wink of sleep with the banging, don’t think my neighbours did either! It’s still standing though so far 😬

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
One of the fences in our garden has gone, even though it was repaired only a few weeks back!

Decided to allow the cat to have her litter tray back for the time being instead of her end up flying into the air outside haha

• Haha
Not too bad where we are in Scotland... at the moment. A bit breezy and the odd shower of rain but nothing out of the usual for this time of year. We're heading out shortly so it might be worse than it looks/sounds. Keep safe everyone!

I know people love a bit of snow but I hate it, freezing burst pipes and de icing the car at 7am is not festive.
It’s not festive in December and it’s definitely not festive in February.
😑

I know people love a bit of snow but I hate it, freezing burst pipes and de icing the car at 7am is not festive.
It’s not festive in December and it’s definitely not festive in February.
😑
Im with you i hate it so much. Its not great thinking how you can get to elderly parents and into work. I've had to walk 6 miles into work before in the snow as staying off isn't an option in my job.

Well the storm has just hit where I am. It's pretty bad right now. Sideways rain and hail.

We're definitely waiting until about 2 to leave and drive to Wales. It's going to be a tit drive and I don't particularly want to go but we rang the hotel and non refundable means non refundable even if there is a met office warning not to travel.

Also we've got 2 days off work and wouldn't be able to rearrange this trip anyway. Once we're there we can enjoy the hotel facilities and tomorrow is supposed to be better so we can have a walk around before coming home, I'm just not looking forward to the journey.