Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
On a positive note I went to Tesco and got princess parking because nobody is crazy enough to leave their house. 🤪

Reactions: 7

Sozhun

VIP Member
I'm catching a flight from Belfast at 3PM 😬

Reaaaaally looking forward to it 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Yel

Chatty Member
It's a once in a decade storm, you're advised to not leave the house unless you need to with 80 mph winds inland. They do tend to be very of cautious, but this one might be worthy of it.

Even through my ear plugs I woke up several times. Looks like a full week of disruptive weather.

Reactions: 5

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I know people love a bit of snow but I hate it, freezing burst pipes and de icing the car at 7am is not festive.
It’s not festive in December and it’s definitely not festive in February.
😑

Reactions: 4

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
A tile came off our roof and smashed the back window of my lad’s car and my conservatory was leaking, never had that happen before 😡.

Seems fairly calm at the moment.

• Sad

Fairypop

VIP Member
I woke up around 5 & couldn’t believe how windy it is out there!! Planning on staying in with the kids today. Partner is at work though, he has a good 45 minute journey home & I just hope he’s not affected by it in any way.

Looney toons

I know people love a bit of snow but I hate it, freezing burst pipes and de icing the car at 7am is not festive.
It’s not festive in December and it’s definitely not festive in February.
😑
Im with you i hate it so much. Its not great thinking how you can get to elderly parents and into work. I've had to walk 6 miles into work before in the snow as staying off isn't an option in my job.

Yel

Chatty Member
Sounds funny but believable that trampolines are one of the biggest risks for the railways during a storm

• Wow

KateESJ

VIP Member
I was supposed to be at work today but got a call saying my shift has been cancelled!! Yippee.

Today is a hard day for me so I'm glad I get to spend it at home hugging my babies rather than at work. It's just what I need

Reactions: 3
I’m watching people’s posts online and I can’t believe it! We’re not as bad as other places where we are in the U.K. so fingers crossed

ive been saying Ciaralike the singer, just means I’ve had banging tunes in my head all day 🎤

Reactions: 3

puggles

One of the fences in our garden has gone, even though it was repaired only a few weeks back!

Decided to allow the cat to have her litter tray back for the time being instead of her end up flying into the air outside haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Yel

Chatty Member
I think it's going to be worse because the ground is already wet and it brings alot more rain.

Ot but I wish they had of called it Denise. Ellen is the next one

• A – Atiyah (December 8-9, 2019)
  • B – Brendan (January 13-14, 2020)
  • C – Ciara (February 8-9, 2020)
  • D – Dennis (February 15-16, 2020)
  • E - Ellen
  • F - Francis
  • G - Gerda
  • H - Hugh
  • I - Iris
  • J - Jan
  • K - Kitty
  • L - Liam
  • M - Maura
  • N - Noah
  • O - Olivia
  • P - Piet
  • R - Roisin
  • S - Samir
  • T - Tara
  • V - Vince
  • W - Willow

Sp20191

VIP Member
So I need the vent!!! So here goes....

mourn fence was pulled down during storm Ciara, and hit the neighbours car, Slightly Denting the door, nothing major and the car is still drivable. As this sort of thing had never happened to us before we said to the neighbours to leave it with us and we will speck to our insurance company.

min the mean time our neighbours took it apon themselves to get a quote for the repairs to their car. They came back to us with this quote of £575, when looking at the quote they were claiming for more working to be carried out that wasn’t even danger that happened from our fence, we told them our insurance company are still looking into it.

they then took it upon themselves to get another quote of £225 for the repairs, but we decided to wait to see what our insurance decided. So here is when the bullying tactic starts.

A week into lockdown the neighbours hand delivered a letter stating that our fence was rotten and not mantained which it was, we employed someone to fix the fence and the panels were reused, the posts need to be replaced as they had snapped. The letter stated we had 14 days to pay or they will take us to court. Of course during lockdown, all courts were closed and our insurance company were working with limited staff so to give us 14 days during the current circumstances was unfair.

now everyone we are in the garden they are go out to there car and chat shit about us, and also in there letter they stated they don’t want bad blood between neighbours. We could not foresee that our fence was gonna come down and hit there car, it was done during a storm. What are your thoughts? Are we in the wrong for not just paying out of pocket, we are a single income household, so do really have £225 to pay out, but it seems that’s what they are bullying us to do as they know our insurance won’t pay, and pretty much are saying if you don’t pay they will be unpleasant from now on
Tbh it’s been almost 4 months since it happened, I would have expected my car to be either fixed or some sort of communication by now...

Looney toons

It's awful around me too in open countryside. It makes me very anxious the wind i hate it. Im just waiting for a crash of some sort and the tiles coming off.

Razzmatazz

Chatty Member
We're off to North Wales today. We booked a pretty expensive spa hotel that's non refundable so we're going.

It's only an hour away from our house but it's on the coast so I can imagine it will be pretty bad there. At least the hotel is nice so once we're there we won't be going out.

Not too bad at the minute where I am. Rain and a bit of wind but nothing as dramatic as its been made out to be.

We're going to wait to leave until mid afternoon because we can't check in til 3 and it looks like it will start to calm down later today.