Storm Ciara and Dennis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's going to be worse because the ground is already wet and it brings alot more rain.

Ot but I wish they had of called it Denise. Ellen is the next one

• A – Atiyah (December 8-9, 2019)
  • B – Brendan (January 13-14, 2020)
  • C – Ciara (February 8-9, 2020)
  • D – Dennis (February 15-16, 2020)
  • E - Ellen
  • F - Francis
  • G - Gerda
  • H - Hugh
  • I - Iris
  • J - Jan
  • K - Kitty
  • L - Liam
  • M - Maura
  • N - Noah
  • O - Olivia
  • P - Piet
  • R - Roisin
  • S - Samir
  • T - Tara
  • V - Vince
  • W - Willow

Reactions: 2
So far Dennis is lot more chill the Ciara was! Where I am anyway.

Reactions: 3
What’s your storm partner name!!!
How to play!!!

1) take the first initial of you name!

3) Find the matching initial in our storm chart above posted by Yel!

2) this has not only decided you Stormzy is 72 years old partner, it’s also decided your sexual orientation!
@OliviaPope we’re now partners!!

5) alternatively use your real name and your Facebook contacts from days past,
contact that guy you met that one time in a night club and stupidly accepted a friend request from, and tell him the storm charts predicted you should be together!

4) there is no 4, you really shouldn’t have read this far.

8) I like 8 stop shouting at me!!

💨💨💨 Dennis has a lot of wind!!

• Haha
Storm Ciara wasn’t too bad where I am, just very windy, a bit of rain and a couple of trees blown down. Meanwhile Dennis is keeping me awake with the wind. 99% chance of rain all day too

Reactions: 1
I’m in Devon and Dennis has hit us much worse than Ciara. We have floods, trees blown down that block main roads. It’s awful

Have seen so many pictures on Facebook this morning of flooded areas. I really feel for the folk that have to deal with the floods year in, year out.

It is shocking the amount of building there's been on floodplains in recent years. They often build them up so it just puts other areas at greater risk. The same with flood defences, what they do is just shift the floods elsewhere.

I used to live somewhere that was badly affected a while ago, but people still managed to sell their homes for normal (high) prices. Not quite sure how people completed those sales 🤷‍♀️

It is shocking the amount of building there's been on floodplains in recent years. They often build them up so it just puts other areas at greater risk. The same with flood defences, what they do is just shift the floods elsewhere.

I used to live somewhere that was badly affected a while ago, but people still managed to sell their homes for normal (high) prices. Not quite sure how people completed those sales 🤷‍♀️
When we were house hunting a few years ago we fell in love with a house. We put an offer and when the solicitors were doing the searches they found it was on a high risk flooding area. We asked around and we got told by neighbours that last time it flooded was before the new flood defences were built in the 90’s. Just before completion the whole chain fell through and we didn’t buy the house.
That house flooded quite badly last weekend, and I’m so glad destiny/fate/karma intervened and we didn’t buy that house!

When we were house hunting a few years ago we fell in love with a house. We put an offer and when the solicitors were doing the searches they found it was on a high risk flooding area. We asked around and we got told by neighbours that last time it flooded was before the new flood defences were built in the 90’s. Just before completion the whole chain fell through and we didn’t buy the house.
That house flooded quite badly last weekend, and I’m so glad destiny/fate/karma intervened and we didn’t buy that house!
Lucky escape!

In a way I can see how people see a house on a sunny day and think the water will never get it. But then you think about the huge areas a river drains and what looks like a small river could become a constant worry everytime it rains. I would never buy somewhere that was at risk of flooding, so many places that are "one in 100 years risk of flooding" have flooded a couple of times over the last decade.

Lucky escape!

In a way I can see how people see a house on a sunny day and think the water will never get it. But then you think about the huge areas a river drains and what looks like a small river could become a constant worry everytime it rains. I would never buy somewhere that was at risk of flooding, so many places that are "one in 100 years risk of flooding" have flooded a couple of times over the last decade.
A friend of mine lives near a river, a few years ago, their whole house flooded. The water was up to the ceiling and they had to completely gut and then redo the main floor and their landscaping.

A friend of mine lives near a river, a few years ago, their whole house flooded. The water was up to the ceiling and they had to completely gut and then redo the main floor and their landscaping.
My friends been flooded twice in the last decade. She's near a river but it came up through the stone floor. Everytime it's been months moved out and sorting it out. She inherited the cottage, but still I couldn't live there as id have kittens everytime it rains.

I think people complaining about BJ not visiting are being a bit silly. He wouldn't achieve anything and the extra security wouldn't help anyone. So many people are at risk of flooding that it just isn't that unremarkable everytime a couple of hundred people get flooded somewhere. The environment agency does have to prioritise the high density areas.

So I need the vent!!! So here goes....

mourn fence was pulled down during storm Ciara, and hit the neighbours car, Slightly Denting the door, nothing major and the car is still drivable. As this sort of thing had never happened to us before we said to the neighbours to leave it with us and we will speck to our insurance company.

min the mean time our neighbours took it apon themselves to get a quote for the repairs to their car. They came back to us with this quote of £575, when looking at the quote they were claiming for more working to be carried out that wasn’t even danger that happened from our fence, we told them our insurance company are still looking into it.

they then took it upon themselves to get another quote of £225 for the repairs, but we decided to wait to see what our insurance decided. So here is when the bullying tactic starts.

A week into lockdown the neighbours hand delivered a letter stating that our fence was rotten and not mantained which it was, we employed someone to fix the fence and the panels were reused, the posts need to be replaced as they had snapped. The letter stated we had 14 days to pay or they will take us to court. Of course during lockdown, all courts were closed and our insurance company were working with limited staff so to give us 14 days during the current circumstances was unfair.

now everyone we are in the garden they are go out to there car and chat tit about us, and also in there letter they stated they don’t want bad blood between neighbours. We could not foresee that our fence was gonna come down and hit there car, it was done during a storm. What are your thoughts? Are we in the wrong for not just paying out of pocket, we are a single income household, so do really have £225 to pay out, but it seems that’s what they are bullying us to do as they know our insurance won’t pay, and pretty much are saying if you don’t pay they will be unpleasant from now on

So I need the vent!!! So here goes....

mourn fence was pulled down during storm Ciara, and hit the neighbours car, Slightly Denting the door, nothing major and the car is still drivable. As this sort of thing had never happened to us before we said to the neighbours to leave it with us and we will speck to our insurance company.

min the mean time our neighbours took it apon themselves to get a quote for the repairs to their car. They came back to us with this quote of £575, when looking at the quote they were claiming for more working to be carried out that wasn’t even danger that happened from our fence, we told them our insurance company are still looking into it.

they then took it upon themselves to get another quote of £225 for the repairs, but we decided to wait to see what our insurance decided. So here is when the bullying tactic starts.

A week into lockdown the neighbours hand delivered a letter stating that our fence was rotten and not mantained which it was, we employed someone to fix the fence and the panels were reused, the posts need to be replaced as they had snapped. The letter stated we had 14 days to pay or they will take us to court. Of course during lockdown, all courts were closed and our insurance company were working with limited staff so to give us 14 days during the current circumstances was unfair.

now everyone we are in the garden they are go out to there car and chat tit about us, and also in there letter they stated they don’t want bad blood between neighbours. We could not foresee that our fence was gonna come down and hit there car, it was done during a storm. What are your thoughts? Are we in the wrong for not just paying out of pocket, we are a single income household, so do really have £225 to pay out, but it seems that’s what they are bullying us to do as they know our insurance won’t pay, and pretty much are saying if you don’t pay they will be unpleasant from now on
Tbh it’s been almost 4 months since it happened, I would have expected my car to be either fixed or some sort of communication by now...

We were
Tbh it’s been almost 4 months since it happened, I would have expected my car to be either fixed or some sort of communication by now...
we were advised by our insurance company that they were dealing with it, and to not communicate with them and they would, but due to covid the departments that would deal with it have only just opened back up. We aren’t liable for the damages!!! And have said we aren’t paying out of pocket and will be going through insurance, insurance needs photos, and repair receipts Until they could process the claim, then lockdown happened and everything is moving even slower! It’s been a hugh ball ache. Not to mention almost losing my mother as well and her being in hospital since last October, so yeah a lot of tit. But they are just bullying us to pay for it out of pocket, when we don’t have the funds and that’s what u pay insurance for. The car is a piece of tit and they just saw an opportunity to get someone else to pay for the repairs on the car.

We were

we were advised by our insurance company that they were dealing with it, and to not communicate with them and they would, but due to covid the departments that would deal with it have only just opened back up. We aren’t liable for the damages!!! And have said we aren’t paying out of pocket and will be going through insurance, insurance needs photos, and repair receipts Until they could process the claim, then lockdown happened and everything is moving even slower! It’s been a hugh ball ache. Not to mention almost losing my mother as well and her being in hospital since last October, so yeah a lot of tit. But they are just bullying us to pay for it out of pocket, when we don’t have the funds and that’s what u pay insurance for. The car is a piece of tit and they just saw an opportunity to get someone else to pay for the repairs on the car.
But storm ciara was 10th feb....lockdown wasn’t until the end of March, that’s still a long time! I have no idea who is liable and who isn’t, but if you have been told you are not liable, communicate that to them.

It also doesn’t matter if the car is ‘a piece of tit’ I have crappy cars but if something happens which is not my fault I expect it to be dealt with

Yeah well our insurance company are dealing with it, they had loads of claims for the storm damages and now covid 19, no wonder it’s taking so long. And I refuse to be bullied to pay out of pocket for something that happened out of my control, unfortunately I don’t have a crystal ball to see that my fence was gonna fall down, maybe they shouldn’t have parked right In front of my fence if it was in that much disrepair as they state, which by the way it wasn’t. They did not protect their car from the storm.

• Haha
I always thought any damages that happened during a storm was classed as "a act of God/nature" and did not pay out for them?

Either way not sure why you joined, asked your question then argued with the one person who actually replied to you?! Your neighbours shouldn't be bullying you but maybe if it was the other way round you would be acting the same!

No
I always thought any damages that happened during a storm was classed as "a act of God/nature" and did not pay out for them?

Either way not sure why you joined, asked your question then argued with the one person who actually replied to you?! Your neighbours shouldn't be bullying you but maybe if it was the other way round you would be acting the same!
no I wouldnt as I understand that it was an act of god, and the dent is the size of a 2p coin and it’s pointless to fit it as it was an act of god. And I joined to see if anyone else had dealt with a problem like this before as it’s so silly. I suppose I’m just not a person than would intimidate my neighbours for money when is was beyond my control!