Storm Ciara and Dennis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woke up this morning to my front garden covered in cardboard and paper from my recycling wheelie bin which had blown overšŸ™„. All picked up and sorted again now. Bloody wind.

Lots of road closures here, ppl being evacuated to the leisure centre ..... kids are still working and no idea if theyā€™ll get home later

Yel

This wind is supposed to stay until Tuesday. I really can't remember high winds ever lasting this long before.

Makes me think of climate change and the earth going off its axis, but I do get suckered into these things

Reactions: 2
On a positive note I went to Tesco and got princess parking because nobody is crazy enough to leave their house. šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: 7
A tile came off our roof and smashed the back window of my ladā€™s car and my conservatory was leaking, never had that happen before šŸ˜”.

Seems fairly calm at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm from the UK but now live elsewhere and have done for a few years. It always blows my mind that different areas of the country feel the effects of the storm at the same time. It shows how small the UK is. Here, we can have weather that 1 hr away they won't have. Lol.

My car's door hit someone else's car door. Big dent. The guy wasn't bothered about it.... Thank god, but I've damaged my partner's car too. Brand new one too m

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m on the south east coast and itā€™s not bad here. The wind sounds pretty wild but I went out earlier and itā€™s just a little windy. Bins out on the streets staying put and Iā€™ve seen the sea much wilder without a storm. Canā€™t believe how bad it is elsewhere! On the plus side, town was empty so I got everything done quickly

I'm in Newcastle for uni, it's fine here, just a little windy. Home (Lancashire) has a load of flooding and my dad's been put on standby for flood rescues. My friend may have picked the worst weekend to visit - she's now stranded in Carlisle cos all trains going south have been cancelled. Crazy hearing all of this and then walking around seeing all the blue sky here!

Iā€™m watching peopleā€™s posts online and I canā€™t believe it! Weā€™re not as bad as other places where we are in the U.K. so fingers crossed

ive been saying Ciaralike the singer, just means Iā€™ve had banging tunes in my head all day šŸŽ¤

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m watching peopleā€™s posts online and I canā€™t believe it! Weā€™re not as bad as other places where we are in the U.K. so fingers crossed

ive been saying Ciaralike the singer, just means Iā€™ve had banging tunes in my head all day šŸŽ¤
Is the singer like Key-are-ruh? (never heard of her before this storm!)
I've been reading it as Key-ruh (Keira); thought that was the most common pronunciation anyway.

I'm in East London and we lost three fence panels this afternoon - a concrete post was actually ripped out of the ground - two of which hit my boyfriend's father's car which actually protected ours. Every cloud šŸ˜… It's his crappy old fence anyway!

It's been on and off all day - fairly calm then it just goes crazy in bursts. It's raining hard now and I can hear the wind.

Well it's 5 am and I just finished a shift in work and the weather is insane lol.

Saw a patient coming in on crutches and he was visiting someone where I work and didn't he feicin fall from the gust of wind !! He is ok now but my god gave me some fright
It's like the scene in the wizard of oz out there lol

• Sad