Storm Ciara and Dennis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm staying in today. Also why are the weather presenters pronouncing Ciara wrong I thought it was said c-aira like the r&b star.

We're off to North Wales today. We booked a pretty expensive spa hotel that's non refundable so we're going.

It's only an hour away from our house but it's on the coast so I can imagine it will be pretty bad there. At least the hotel is nice so once we're there we won't be going out.

Not too bad at the minute where I am. Rain and a bit of wind but nothing as dramatic as its been made out to be.

We're going to wait to leave until mid afternoon because we can't check in til 3 and it looks like it will start to calm down later today.
I’m sure you will but check the roads. There are lots of areas flooding in mid and north wales. https://bbc.in/2H8AtRq

It's not that bad here it seems to sound worse than it actually is. I remember in the 1980s there was a storm and the classroom roof came off and was blowing around the playground!

Yel

I know people love a bit of snow but I hate it, freezing burst pipes and de icing the car at 7am is not festive.
It’s not festive in December and it’s definitely not festive in February.
😑
You've got snow coming 🤨 I'm jealous! But only because I can walk everywhere or work from home. I skidded 180 and crashed into a snow bank last year 😬 put me off ever driving again when it's icy, although I was having alot of fun until people had to push me out. If you've got stuff to do snow isn't fun.

You've got snow coming 🤨 I'm jealous! But only because I can walk everywhere or work from home. I skidded 180 and crashed into a snow bank last year 😬 put me off ever driving again when it's icy, although I was having alot of fun until people had to push me out. If you've got stuff to do snow isn't fun.
according to alexia we do, granted alexia also told me it would rain all day and apart from the wind it’s pretty sunny and bright out, temperatures would be between 12-3 🙄 that’s hedging your bets alexia 🤦‍♀️

I’m starting to realise alexia talks a lot of bull and really just wants to ask me random questions like “do you want to hear a song/hope you’re having a fantastic day”

zip it alexia.
Now... I could check an actual forecast but I’m a bit like alexia 🤣
il spout tit as facts and if I’m wrong il just ask the person if they want to know what time it is in Tokyo right now.

I can’t stand snow, the only time it came in handy was 2 years ago when my fridge freezer packed in and I legitimately put the unopened food in snow hills in the back garden for 2 days ☺☺

Reactions: 2
We've had high winds, lashing rain and thunder and lightning in my part of Berkshire, definitely a day to stay in. 🌧🌩🌬⛈⚡

I was supposed to be at work today but got a call saying my shift has been cancelled!! Yippee.

Today is a hard day for me so I'm glad I get to spend it at home hugging my babies rather than at work. It's just what I need

Reactions: 3
I live right on the coast and they said 80mph gusts for here. I'm not leaving the house but watching through the window it certainly looks like 80mph

Reactions: 1

Yel

Shits getting serious in the Midlands, internet keeps going down.

Heating and short power cuts are fine to deal with, but no 4G 😱

• Haha
Heating and short power cuts are fine to deal with, but no 4G 😱
I went in and changed my 4G contract yesterday after being without mobile data for a week because of the storm warning 🤣🤣

Nope it’s pronounced Key-ra, it’s Irish. I always think the R&B singer pronounces her name incorrectly 😂
I’ve seen so many arguments about this today 🤣🤣

Ciara as in Ciara knightly 🤣🤣🤣

Going mental here in London atm aswell, need to get to my parents somehow for a roast 😮😂

I was just about to post that I'm in the midlands too and its not too bad but now its dreadful. Just checked my bins haven't toppled over and they are still upright. I'm off out in a bit also to my parents for sunday dinner lol

I'm staying in today. Also why are the weather presenters pronouncing Ciara wrong I thought it was said c-aira like the r&b star.
They are pronouncing it correctly. It’s Key-ra. C-aira needs to brush up on the correct pronunciation of her Irish name!

I'm in the Midlands and I've seen lots of trees down a few streets away ..one tree has fallen on three cars !

• Wow