Storm Arwen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I,m in Gateshead and it is definitely getting worse. Leaking windows and towels draped everywhere. It's like a scene from the wizard of oz outside. If our house doesn't end up with a smashed window or two I will be amazed. Have to say this is a teeny weeny bit frightening...husband is snoring like the proverbial pig.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
In Scotland and it was mad earlier on, had to go sort the bins out they were emptied yesterday so nothing holding them down and were just thrashing around in the drive... Seems to have calmed down a bit but I was literally being blown away earlier.

Reactions: 3
I'm in the Midlands and its on and off, but when its on, its sounding awful! I get quite anxious with the high winds and worry our power will go out (our house alarm continually sounds during power cuts for some reason)

Reading some of these though, we're very lucky not to have it worse. Stay safe everyone.
The power here keeps flickering for a few seconds but no power cuts thankfully. We get quite a few power cuts, and we have an annoying alarm that lets of a shrill beep every few seconds until you reset it when the power is out. It drives me nuts.

Reactions: 2
Seems to be getting worse. Just back on fb and people are losing all manner of stuff - sheds and trampolines the most common but the strangest one is a metal veranda. Liverpool to North Wales areas without electricity. Would not like to be in that draughty l'm a Celeb castle tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The wind is awful here in south east Wales, the wind is constant and the gusts just seem to be getting stronger and stronger! 😱

• Sad
Reactions: 4
The wind is awful here in south east Wales, the wind is constant and the gusts just seem to be getting stronger and stronger! 😱
It's died down here hopefully it will feck off soon x

• Heart
In the Midlands over here and the wind outside has woken me up. Definitely could have it worse but think the wind can be the scariest part sometimes. Haven’t looked outside my windows to see what’s going on and don’t think I will, if I can help it. Trying to go back to sleep but struggling.

Hope no one is too badly effected, and is okay!

Reactions: 6
You're brave 😂 my neighbours 100ft spruce tree is bending too close to home :ROFLMAO:
That or stupid! I think the neighbours patio set has just taken off! 😬
Trees are usually quite resilient, but stay out the way of its line just in case! 👌🏻♥

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That or stupid! I think the neighbours patio set has just taken off! 😬
Trees are usually quite resilient, but stay out the way of its line just in case! 👌🏻♥
It's taking up again here but I love that tree just not in a storm ,there;s no choice if it's going down 😬 x

I'm in the NE and it's driving me mad. I've got a flat roof and it sounds like even that's going to fly off 🌪

• Sad
It's taking up again here but I love that tree just not in a storm ,there;s no choice if it's going down 😬 x
There’s just no let up is there! 💨 Try and stay safe ♥
Neighbour’s just been and retrieved his wheelie bin, quite a sight in his pj’s! 😂

• Haha
There’s just no let up is there! 💨 Try and stay safe ♥
Neighbour’s just been and retrieved his wheelie bin, quite a sight in his pj’s! 😂
It's completely calmed down here thank god I hope you're not too traumatised

• Heart
I spoke too soon about the power cuts 🙄
Get out of bed to reset the alarm, get back in bed, get out of bed to reset the alarm, get back in bed …. It’s going to be one of those nights

• Sad
It's completely calmed down here thank god I hope you're not too traumatised
Oh that’s positive! Fingers crossed that’s the back of it with you! 🤞🏻 I’m alright thank you, just waiting for PJ man to go and fetch his other bin now! 😂 ♥

• Haha
Oh that’s positive! Fingers crossed that’s the back of it with you! 🤞🏻 I’m alright thank you, just waiting for PJ man to go and fetch his other bin now! 😂 ♥
I'm listening to Sam Smith to prolong the torture :ROFLMAO: hope you're safe and well x

• Haha
I'm listening to Sam Smith to prolong the torture :ROFLMAO: hope you're safe and well x
You are a glutton for punishment! I can’t decide who’s worse, him or Adele! 😂 Yes thank you, I think it’s calming down… 🤞🏻 ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm listening to magic Christmas 😂 that's good it's calming down i'll not settle till the other half is home at 4.30 😬

I’m north west and the wind has just got up again. Has woken me up with rain against the window and whistling down the chimneys, also heard the wheelie bin move in a gust. Honestly fed up of it but I know we’ve not even had it that bad compared to coastal areas and Scotland. Was just reading that lorries are stuck on the m62 in snow now as well

• Sad