Stephmylife (Stephanie Barry-woods)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter and her boyfriend went backpacking round S America a couple of years ago straight after graduation ( so age 22 and 24) ....they didn't feel the need to post numerous videos of how to pack a rucksack ...🙄it's really not that difficult!
however they posted some incredible photos of the places they visited and did it on the cheap - went to Peru ( including Huacachina Oasis and the amazing Machu Picchu) took a boat trip up the Amazon Rain Forest ( and saw pink river dolphins) Bolivian salt flats , the Iguazu Falls in Argentina, Copacabana and Ilha Grande in Brazil ....
Since then daughter has also travelled to China, worked in France for ski season and is now living and working in Bali ....miss her like crazy

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Somebody needs to inform Steph that she is not the first ever person to back-pack across South America, or anywhere else for that matter ...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Look at meeeeeee living my best life not caring what anyone thinks….. but making sure all the strangers still think I’m enjoying myself…..

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Look at me taking a full shot of my body and admiring myself no end!! .... and did I tell you getting invisalyn is one of the BEST things I have ever done.... so now I love myself even more!! :love::love:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is it wrong I enjoy when things don’t go to plan for her 🤣
She’s so smug that I just love the when she doesn’t get things her own way.
I can also imagine she turns into a right cow when things go wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Surely their expensive tech is going to be robbed. I don't know anyone who goes backpacking with all that expensive tech.

Reactions: 4
I think backpacking around Latin and South America will be very different from SE Asia so I would worry about all that expensive stuff too.

Reactions: 6
Heard a rumour that Christopher Columbus lied & it was actually Tim & Steph that discovered the world & travelling

• Haha
Reactions: 20
He didn’t move his travel business online either!!!
Missed out !
For me it’s the way Tim acts like her lapdog.
Same. It really irritates me, also. He appears to do all the donkey work, while princess Steph does thirsty poses for insta. They both give me mega levels of cringe. It’s the absolute smugness too. I just can’t!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Is it wrong I enjoy when things don’t go to plan for her 🤣
She’s so smug that I just love the when she doesn’t get things her own way.
I can also imagine she turns into a right cow when things go wrong.
She's also managed to mess up the long haul flights - booked cheap ones and never checked the add-ons (which is something she always says to check!). €100 for bags, €50 to sit together and €30 for meals.

I can understand going super cheap for short haul flights but would not take the risk with long haul. Surely a bit of comfort for 10 hours and decent meals is worth paying a bit more?

Reactions: 16
Also I thought she said they were going to get their bags down to 12kg or something anyway so I don't know why they would need checked baggage. I never checked in my backpack when backpacking.

Reactions: 2
Were they actually born in Cork? Not a bit of an accent at either of them

Yeah I don't think they have a clue about the reality of travelling in South America. They are obviously so used to SE Asia and think they are travel pros because of that 😅. I haven't been to South America myself but know it would be completely different. Steph is definitely going to throw her toys out of the pram a few times.

Tim is from England... Steph is from cork.

Reactions: 6
Why does she never ever endorse the beautiful island of Ireland, her actual HOME country?!?!
Quick to get rid of her Cork accent too...
In fairness Laura is the opposite, adores Ireland and is very vocal about it... which is how it should be

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.