Stephanie Buttermore

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, now you can tell that she has lost a little bit more weight. Her body just looks different at every angle, she looks thin around her waist and chest area even though she claims to be around 130 lbs. And yeah I don’t like how much she talks about food and how “full” she is throughout the video. It bothers me that she still has to center around food so much. Like we get the point already Steph, you eat different now, that’s it. I don’t feel like you have to talk so much about food if you supposedly eat “normal” now.
Also idk if this is just me but a lot of her comments on her video are hyping her up and people saying “thanks to you, I don’t have an eating disorder!” and honestly I kinda find that bs.
However I’ll try to end this comment with a positive note, at least in her new video she is spending time with her family to celebrate her birthday. She seems happy and I’m glad that she is enjoying the presence of others around her. Her glam is also gorgeous!

Reactions: 7
My problem with Stephanie is that she isn't actually "fit," despite her being a figure in the fitness community.

I think at a lower body weight she had more muscle definition and that's why people grouped her with the fitness influencers. But to be honest, she never had much muscle mass because she never ate enough food to put on serious muscle.

Then when she was eating more, she avoided the gym because she said the mirrors bothered her.

Stephanie is obviously still restricting. There's a huge difference between eating less because you have anxiety (what she is doing)/losing weight because you are struggling with mental health and actually setlling into a healthy body weight after restricting.

IMO she is promoting disordered eating, from her previous 10k "cheat days" (binges) to her restrictive mindset. She is a grown woman who plays victim online, obsessing about what her audience thinks of her, and I'm over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t see her being able to continue to provide entertainment online without cheat days and all in. She seems to know this too since she hasn’t evolved at all content wise in the last 2 years and seems to know the end is near

Reactions: 8
I don’t see her being able to continue to provide entertainment online without cheat days and all in. She seems to know this too since she hasn’t evolved at all content wise in the last 2 years and seems to know the end is near
I agree. I think she should go into her field of cancer research, because she's obviously very well-spoken and knowledgeable about that! I think she lacks direction because she's not doing much outside creating the occasional YouTube video. She needs fulfillment in life outside of food/fitness/creating content.

Reactions: 5
My problem with Stephanie is that she isn't actually "fit," despite her being a figure in the fitness community.

I think at a lower body weight she had more muscle definition and that's why people grouped her with the fitness influencers. But to be honest, she never had much muscle mass because she never ate enough food to put on serious muscle.

Then when she was eating more, she avoided the gym because she said the mirrors bothered her.

Stephanie is obviously still restricting. There's a huge difference between eating less because you have anxiety (what she is doing)/losing weight because you are struggling with mental health and actually setlling into a healthy body weight after restricting.

IMO she is promoting disordered eating, from her previous 10k "cheat days" (binges) to her restrictive mindset. She is a grown woman who plays victim online, obsessing about what her audience thinks of her, and I'm over it.
I don’t get why she did 10k cheat days instead of distributing that across the week so she wasn’t starving herself for the rest of the week. That’s really disordered and a very bad strategy for building muscle. Then instead of doing something more sensible like not doing crazy cheat days, and trying reverse dieting she goes all in. There is a reason most responsible trainers recommend one cheat meal not an entire cheat day let alone 10k calories worth. Like most people, I think she has an ED and body dysmorphia which in my opinion probably caused her to quit her career. I hope she gets therapy :/

Reactions: 7
I agree with everyone here.
To be honest - one of the things I'm starting to question after reading other folk's comments on here is why Stephanie isn't engaging in her academic studies anymore. I feel as though she's succumbed to the superficial fitness insta culture - it's glamourous, glitzy and oh-so-selfish. Doing cancer research is, in some ways, selfless and for a greater good than feeding your own insecurities. She's about as superficial as they come, and relegating her academic studies to the sidelines for quick cash and public fame should be enough to signal to all of us that she's got some definite self-esteem issues. I can understand if her fitness influencer life was a side hobby - but to make it your primary means of income (without going to school for it etc etc) - is just so brutal - ESP since she's got a PhD.

Exactly - which is why she's gotta write that book! She needs to help propel the concept 'all in' as the new diet fad for people to follow - and she's going to be at the helm of that sinking ship.

It really concerns me that in the eating disorder community, girls idolise her. And don’t get me wrong with anorexia / orthorexia there is definitely merit in just EATING a ton of what you crave to get the weight on fast, as you are so malnourished it is of great benefit to the body both physically and mentally, to snap out of the routines and behaviours. But for every girl that has used ‘all in’ to great success and is happy and recovered, and feels at home in her new body, there are many others who have followed all in religiously and are now very unhappy and at risk of relapse. It breaks my heart every time I see a post asking how long until they lose the overshoot, girls going on to develop binge eating disorder which brings a whole host of separate problems, and others feeling miserable and like their body isn’t theirs anymore.

after a point, all in can become dangerous if it isn’t monitored, and guidance on how to reach a healthy stable weight considered. It’s less dangerous than anorexia, granted, but there is definitely the danger also that these girls will become so uncomfortable if their overshoot doesn’t naturally fall down like Steph says, that they will restrict again, and so continues the vicious cycle.

what makes it even more damaging for me is that she is clearly restricting again, but her naive followers won’t realise this and are just waiting for their own appetites to taper down, which might not happen.You can’t base your own recovery on one persons experiences, and even though she has a phd she is NOT qualified to help people on this particular journey.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It really concerns me that in the eating disorder community, girls idolise her. And don’t get me wrong with anorexia / orthorexia there is definitely merit in just EATING a ton of what you crave to get the weight on fast, as you are so malnourished it is of great benefit to the body both physically and mentally, to snap out of the routines and behaviours. But for every girl that has used ‘all in’ to great success and is happy and recovered, and feels at home in her new body, there are many others who have followed all in religiously and are now very unhappy and at risk of relapse. It breaks my heart every time I see a post asking how long until they lose the overshoot, girls going on to develop binge eating disorder which brings a whole host of separate problems, and others feeling miserable and like their body isn’t theirs anymore.

after a point, all in can become dangerous if it isn’t monitored, and guidance on how to reach a healthy stable weight considered. It’s less dangerous than anorexia, granted, but there is definitely the danger also that these girls will become so uncomfortable if their overshoot doesn’t naturally fall down like Steph says, that they will restrict again, and so continues the vicious cycle.

what makes it even more damaging for me is that she is clearly restricting again, but her naive followers won’t realise this and are just waiting for their own appetites to taper down, which might not happen.You can’t base your own recovery on one persons experiences, and even though she has a phd she is NOT qualified to help people on this particular journey.
I haven’t done too much research into all in and the doctor who promotes it but I always wondered about that. What if someone’s appetite doesn’t go back to normal or they develop BED. Also, a good amount of people may be prone to gain a lot more weight than Stephanie did.

Reactions: 3
One thing I want to add is that even in anorexia recovery you don't go "all in."

When a person arrives at a treatment facility for anorexia and they're at a low weight, the treatment plan sometimes starts off at a very low amount of calories. They're monitored by medical staff to see how the body responds to eating more, and eventually the calories are increased to a level that they can start to gain weight. They're also given nutritional supplements to make sure that all the nutrients they were deprived of are being replenished.

If you're underweight and low body fat your body can actually go into shock if you just start eating a lot of calories. It can cause cardiac arrest, which is why they have to monitor people in anorexia recovery so closely with their meal plan.

So to me, I find it incredibly dangerous that Stephanie would actually promote this "all in" strategy as a method for overcoming any sort of restrictive eating. I've seen many comments on her videos saying that her videos helped girls to eat more or that they're going "all in."

What's more, ED behaviors are highly adaptive. Since EDs are mental disorders, there's an entire mindset behind the actions a person is engaging in, so it's easy for someone with restrictive habits to swing to the opposite end and start binging.

You'd think that Stephanie would be smarter, given how she brags about her educational background. She always says "I'm not a certified XYZ" but does that really matter when you brag about your PhD to a bunch of kids who don't take the time to see you got your doctorate in cancer research??

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I was wondering if anyone else noticed her actual strength levels. For someone who's been "strength training" for several years, she sure lifts really light. If at this point she's only squatting 135 lb for three sets of five, or deadlifting only 185lbs for a set of 3, she's not trying. I'm smaller than her and have been lifting for only two years and I have more strength and endurance in her and I'm not special.

Reactions: 4
I was wondering if anyone else noticed her actual strength levels. For someone who's been "strength training" for several years, she sure lifts really light. If at this point she's only squatting 135 lb for three sets of five, or deadlifting only 185lbs for a set of 3, she's not trying. I'm smaller than her and have been lifting for only two years and I have more strength and endurance in her and I'm not special.
I agree, and yeah she’s never had much strength because she was more into looking lean rather than being strong. She’s been lifting for a long time but always severely under ate, and on top of that she would binge and have cheat days. So it’s no wonder why shes not as strong as she could be.

Greg Doucette just praised her through the whole video it was painful to watch.
He’s only kissing her ass now because she was butthurt over all the things he had said about her before. Not trying to be mean but yeah. I like Greg but he really didn’t have to call her a pig that one time, it was just disrespectful.

THIS! THIS! THIS! ALL THIS!
Almost never do you hear Stephanie promoting seeking professional help for eating disorders. All these girls self diagnosing and DIYing ED recovery in the comments and Stephanie not addressing it makes me so angry at her.
Buy my book, you guys! Smile! Get my merch. Give me views, give me money. Pay for my two houses and my useless student debts. Love you!

Greg Doucette just praised her through the whole video it was painful to watch.
Yeah, that was confusing. It never sat right with me that he called her a pig (and yes, he called her a pig), but he always called her on her BS. Now he's kissing her padded ass?
Perhaps they slapped him with a defamation lawsuit and he has to make a few nice videos about her as settlement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I agree, and yeah she’s never had much strength because she was more into looking lean rather than being strong. She’s been lifting for a long time but always severely under ate, and on top of that she would binge and have cheat days. So it’s no wonder why shes not as strong as she could be.

He’s only kissing her ass now because she was butthurt over all the things he had said about her before. Not trying to be mean but yeah. I like Greg but he really didn’t have to call her a pig that one time, it was just disrespectful.
I don’t remember him calling her a pig lol but maybe it went over my head. I am not gonna lie, I do love every video he does on Stephanie, they just end up having really good advice.

Reactions: 1
I don’t remember him calling her a pig lol but maybe it went over my head. I am not gonna lie, I do love every video he does on Stephanie, they just end up having really good advice.
Well actually yeah he didn’t directly call her a pig but I remember one of his videos about her went something like this: Greg was pointing the camera at his pet pigs and then he said “speaking of pigs, let’s talk about Stephanie Buttermore!”

Well actually yeah he didn’t directly call her a pig but I remember one of his videos about her went something like this: Greg was pointing the camera at his pet pigs and then he said “speaking of pigs, let’s talk about Stephanie Buttermore!”
If he said that then yea that’s fucked.

• Wow
Oh yeah when you are recovering from Anorexia or Bulimia you definitely don't need to eat 5k calories per day. That's insane and batshit crazy. Actually, I wish more professionals should address that weight has little to do with eating disorder recovery.

My own experience: I was heavier when I was Anorexic and Bulimic. I didn't need to eat tons of calories to recover. I needed a dietician and a therapist to do so. As years passed by I stopped being body and food obsessed and diverted my mind into hobbies, people, and my career. When you are recovering from ED, if you are only focused on the physical aspect, you won't recover because it's a MENTAL disorder and it has to be treated mentally too. The problem with most people like Stephanie is that they think recovering physically only without any professional help or consent will magically make ED go away (and btw she is still disguising her ED as "long starvation" or whatever bullshit she calls it).

She will never seek professional help cause she is still delusional that her all-in worked yet she is going back to her pre-all-in body because she is still mentally stuck with food and body image obsession.

Reactions: 8
Oh yeah when you are recovering from Anorexia or Bulimia you definitely don't need to eat 5k calories per day. That's insane and batshit crazy. Actually, I wish more professionals should address that weight has little to do with eating disorder recovery.

My own experience: I was heavier when I was Anorexic and Bulimic. I didn't need to eat tons of calories to recover. I needed a dietician and a therapist to do so. As years passed by I stopped being body and food obsessed and diverted my mind into hobbies, people, and my career. When you are recovering from ED, if you are only focused on the physical aspect, you won't recover because it's a MENTAL disorder and it has to be treated mentally too. The problem with most people like Stephanie is that they think recovering physically only without any professional help or consent will magically make ED go away (and btw she is still disguising her ED as "long starvation" or whatever bullshit she calls it).

She will never seek professional help cause she is still delusional that her all-in worked yet she is going back to her pre-all-in body because she is still mentally stuck with food and body image obsession.
100% agree with this, unless you recover mentally you will probably just relapse in a time of stress imo. I was shcoked she never seems to have gone to a therapist or anything? (unless I missed it anyway)

Reactions: 6
100% agree with this, unless you recover mentally you will probably just relapse in a time of stress imo. I was shcoked she never seems to have gone to a therapist or anything? (unless I missed it anyway)
She never went to therapy. It's odd how vocal she is that her mom has a mental disorder but she can't admit her's. It's 2021 already and mental health talks aren't something to be ashamed of. And knowing she earns tit tons of money, she should use that to seek help

• Sad