Stephanie Buttermore

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never went to therapy. It's odd how vocal she is that her mom has a mental disorder but she can't admit her's. It's 2021 already and mental health talks aren't something to be ashamed of. And knowing she earns tit tons of money, she should use that to seek help
especially as north americans tend to be quite open with going to therapy generally. her bf should really be encouraging her to go

Reactions: 4
She’s in denial, she doesn’t think she has or has ever had an eating disorder IMO. In the same way that some times ED sufferers begin weight training obsessively and almost just transfer their habits into a more socially acceptable facet, I really don’t think she believes she has any issues mentally...

Reactions: 6
This whole “all in” thing and the reverting back to her skinnier self is just a manifestation of her eating disorder. EDs are about control, manifesting as acute obsession and over-preoccupation with food, calories, exercise, body image. That never went away through this whole thing. She never stopped weighing herself, taking full length pictures and poses or obsessing over food.

She needs to quit social media and get a therapist and stop tracking every morsel of food that goes into her mouth. Sad that she will never do that as her livelihood is based off of this obsession. She’s a danger to herself and her millions of followers

Reactions: 12
Oh yeah when you are recovering from Anorexia or Bulimia you definitely don't need to eat 5k calories per day. That's insane and batshit crazy. Actually, I wish more professionals should address that weight has little to do with eating disorder recovery.

My own experience: I was heavier when I was Anorexic and Bulimic. I didn't need to eat tons of calories to recover. I needed a dietician and a therapist to do so. As years passed by I stopped being body and food obsessed and diverted my mind into hobbies, people, and my career. When you are recovering from ED, if you are only focused on the physical aspect, you won't recover because it's a MENTAL disorder and it has to be treated mentally too. The problem with most people like Stephanie is that they think recovering physically only without any professional help or consent will magically make ED go away (and btw she is still disguising her ED as "long starvation" or whatever bullshit she calls it).

She will never seek professional help cause she is still delusional that her all-in worked yet she is going back to her pre-all-in body because she is still mentally stuck with food and body image obsession.
I agree 100%
I wish I had professional help when I still had my ED because my psychiatrist always just yelled at me if I didn’t eat more than 2000 calories :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hey! First time poster in this thread. I’ve been following Stephanie for a couple years now - I started watching her because she was a fellow PhD student and for that I was drawn to her videos. When she left academia to pursue her fitness content I was so confused because I know how much time, effort and money goes into this degree. At the beginning, I was supportive of her idea of going ‘all in’ but I wanted her to address the mental health aspect to this and also to acknowledge her own restrictive eating but nope - it was all to do with banishing her nonstop hunger. I mentioned this to my partner back then and he said that he 100% believes that in a years time she’ll have lost all the weight she gained and start marketing this journey as a diet plan. And here we are, she’s back to being slim and is clearly more comfortable in her own skin now that she’s slim again. She’s basically sending the message that to feel comfortable means to be slimmer. The amount of posts she had about being uncomfortable with the weight gain was just ridiculous because she should have been working on her self esteem back then and learning to love her body. Now she’s all about self love and positivity but she’s lost most of that weight - I’m lost for words tbh.

Reactions: 9
Hey! First time poster in this thread. I’ve been following Stephanie for a couple years now - I started watching her because she was a fellow PhD student and for that I was drawn to her videos. When she left academia to pursue her fitness content I was so confused because I know how much time, effort and money goes into this degree. At the beginning, I was supportive of her idea of going ‘all in’ but I wanted her to address the mental health aspect to this and also to acknowledge her own restrictive eating but nope - it was all to do with banishing her nonstop hunger. I mentioned this to my partner back then and he said that he 100% believes that in a years time she’ll have lost all the weight she gained and start marketing this journey as a diet plan. And here we are, she’s back to being slim and is clearly more comfortable in her own skin now that she’s slim again. She’s basically sending the message that to feel comfortable means to be slimmer. The amount of posts she had about being uncomfortable with the weight gain was just ridiculous because she should have been working on her self esteem back then and learning to love her body. Now she’s all about self love and positivity but she’s lost most of that weight - I’m lost for words tbh.
I agree, it is shocking to me that someone who has studied nutrition doesn't know better about the psychological aspects of this, surely at a PHD level there is some kind of study of it?

Reactions: 2
I agree, it is shocking to me that someone who has studied nutrition doesn't know better about the psychological aspects of this, surely at a PHD level there is some kind of study of it?
Not really, a PhD is not an MD, you hyper focus on one field. Even though Stephanie is in the field of medical research, she is not training to be a medical doctor.

Reactions: 1
Not really, a PhD is not an MD, you hyper focus on one field. Even though Stephanie is in the field of medical research, she is not training to be a medical doctor.
is there no mention of it at all? I assumed it would have been mentioned in passing at least at MA, that seems awful

Yea, horrible idea since everybody’s wei
is there no mention of it at all? I assumed it would have been mentioned in passing at least at MA, that seems awful
Not really, most graduate school classes aren’t even like lecture style undergrad classes. You read papers relevant to your field and discuss them.

• Wow
You bring up a really good point: From the beginning, it was all about being slim for Stephanie. The reason she went "all in" was to deal with her hunger, not to find her "healthy set weight" as she stated. Throughout this journey she's shown us those old photos of herself over and over again, basically setting up her audience's expectation that she's naturally slim anyway, and she'll get back there eventually.

Now Stephanie is starting to sound like a diet book. "Get rid of your hunger AND stay slim--with my All In plan!"

The most confusing part about all of this is that she's touted her most recent weight loss to her anxiety, yet she continues to not address her mental health. I really think that Stephanie needs to stop promoting what she does to gain/lose weight. From my own perspective, as someone who just exercises moderately to feel good, and who eats a balanced diet, Stephanie has never engaged in healthy behaviors around her weight. Eating "all in" was not healthy, restricting was not healthy, etc.

Reactions: 10
Her PhD is in cancer research, I very much doubt that track would allow for looking at anything but cancer.

Reactions: 3
I mean, I have an undergrad in human biology, and we only had one class in clinical nutrition, and even then we mostly covered the digestive tract, nutrients, vitamin deficiencies, chronic diseases of the gut, a small amount of time on fad diets (and how much the professor HATES keto), classic eating disorders, and how calories in/calories out works and how to track (this was maybe a decade before the first smartphones, so that was fun) and. Nothing much regarding the mental or cultural aspects of eating behaviors.

I agree!!! She is totally sending the wrong message, she always flaunts her figure and says “all in works!!” and promotes that it will get rid of hunger and you’ll stay slim. Like girl what. If you eat 5000 calories, you’re obviously going to put on a lot of weight and become unhealthy; high blood pressure, excessive weight gain, trouble breathing and doing basic cardio, etc. How can she promote this and still be in the fitness community :(

Her newest videos aren't getting the views she once did. How long you suppose before she posts a food challenge/mukbang because she's "bulking" for muscle gain?

Her newest videos aren't getting the views she once did. How long you suppose before she posts a food challenge/mukbang because she's "bulking" for muscle gain?
Hahaha
Seriously though you guys should check out her Instagram page, she posts her meals sometimes and they look high caloric. She eats pizza, sushi, cake, etc. Idk if she actually eats it or just shows it off for Instagram.

Hahaha
Seriously though you guys should check out her Instagram page, she posts her meals sometimes and they look high caloric. She eats pizza, sushi, cake, etc. Idk if she actually eats it or just shows it off for Instagram.
Have you guys seen her account @stephshollowleg on Instagram? I feel like she just takes elaborate food photos, has 1 bite, and throws it away.

Y’all’ I think Steph and Jeff are going to try to make things more serious. Idk I just saw her latest Instagram post and maybe Jeff is going to propose?? But maybe not. I just got that vibe because apparently they’re going to vacation to Mexico.

Y’all’ I think Steph and Jeff are going to try to make things more serious. Idk I just saw her latest Instagram post and maybe Jeff is going to propose?? But maybe not. I just got that vibe because apparently they’re going to vacation to Mexico.
I think probably not. If he was gonna propose there would be nothing to figure out, idk I just feel like he would’ve taken care of things.

When are they not on vacation? They take more foreign vacations in a year than most people get in a decade.

When are they not on vacation? They take more foreign vacations in a year than most people get in a decade.
I would put down a bet on them breaking up eventually (probably sooner rather than later) just because of logistics.

Damn, I just checked her Instagram and I realized that her degree and research is just something to put on her social media bios and Instagram stories. Being an influencer is sad.