Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VomitCulture

I haven’t watched it all yet but it’s so obvious she restricted like crazy before she weighed in and filmed this video
The whole idea just makes no sense whatsoever to me.
If your body just gets to a point where it regulates itself so you're no longer hungry and you don't put on weight then obesity wouldn't exist. You wouldn't have people that weigh over 500lbs ffs!

Reading the comments on the video I can't believe how many people are buying in to her crap.

Reactions: 14
It really concerns me that in the eating disorder community, girls idolise her. And don’t get me wrong with anorexia / orthorexia there is definitely merit in just EATING a ton of what you crave to get the weight on fast, as you are so malnourished it is of great benefit to the body both physically and mentally, to snap out of the routines and behaviours. But for every girl that has used ‘all in’ to great success and is happy and recovered, and feels at home in her new body, there are many others who have followed all in religiously and are now very unhappy and at risk of relapse. It breaks my heart every time I see a post asking how long until they lose the overshoot, girls going on to develop binge eating disorder which brings a whole host of separate problems, and others feeling miserable and like their body isn’t theirs anymore.

after a point, all in can become dangerous if it isn’t monitored, and guidance on how to reach a healthy stable weight considered. It’s less dangerous than anorexia, granted, but there is definitely the danger also that these girls will become so uncomfortable if their overshoot doesn’t naturally fall down like Steph says, that they will restrict again, and so continues the vicious cycle.

what makes it even more damaging for me is that she is clearly restricting again, but her naive followers won’t realise this and are just waiting for their own appetites to taper down, which might not happen.You can’t base your own recovery on one persons experiences, and even though she has a phd she is NOT qualified to help people on this particular journey.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
FCCBD011-2F22-4FCE-9A07-3666EFD24481.jpeg
I’m sorry but no, I refuse to believe the hype over being “all in” and finding your “natural weight”….. she is so clearly cutting and what perfect timing as her book about going all in is coming out - she’s manipulating people into buying her book as she’s able to say “hey look at me I’ve gone all in and I’m back to where I was without the extreme hunger ! Buy my book! Woo!” … ugh.

Beanss12345

Chatty Member
As someone who’s battled eating disorders and also has 3 girls people like Stephanie infuriate me. There’s no way she’s so tiny as she is now without cutting her calories. It’s even worse to get so small and act like it’s through intuitive eating or whatever. It just means women and young girls will look at her and feel like they are unattractive because they don’t look like that when they eat intuitively. It’s bullshit. It’s clear she gained a ton of weight and just hated herself for it and decided to lose it.

I’m not saying you wouldn’t necessarily get smaller but come on she’s tiny. She’s me at my most obsessive counting every calorie and going to the gym every day tiny. That’s hardly healthy. Her new video made me feel sick with the manipulation. Ugh. Get her off YouTube🤮

oshare

VIP Member
What i find most disturbing is that she glorifies binging and tells her very young and impressionable (likely eating-disordered) audience it's totally fine to binge and stuff themselves and ~all will be fine~
that's not how it works for most people. she clearly started to feel uncomfortable at some point and starting restricting her calories again and lost a shitload of weight. that's not how recovering from an ED works, it's just a bunch of crap she's trying to sell to her young audience and it can be very dangerous.

This whole “all in” thing and the reverting back to her skinnier self is just a manifestation of her eating disorder. EDs are about control, manifesting as acute obsession and over-preoccupation with food, calories, exercise, body image. That never went away through this whole thing. She never stopped weighing herself, taking full length pictures and poses or obsessing over food.

She needs to quit social media and get a therapist and stop tracking every morsel of food that goes into her mouth. Sad that she will never do that as her livelihood is based off of this obsession. She’s a danger to herself and her millions of followers

Reactions: 12
i had a really damaged relationship with food and stephanie inspired me to try the ‘all in’ method, mix that with anti-depressants and i gained a staggering amount of weight in a really short space of time - and it’s just stayed

i think what stephanie never talked about is when you heal your relationship with food you need a fuck load of help, my new body is bigger than i’ve ever been and i have a therapist to coach me through my feelings towards it, i also realise now i don’t crave as much ‘junk food’ because i know it just makes me feel sluggish, but me healing my issues and not eating as much takeout HAS NOT caused me to lose the weight again

it’s incredibly careless and disingenuous to talk about your ‘all in method’ WHILE showing off your body, you choose one or the other - showing off your beautifully proportioned body before and after is such a bad representation of intuitive eating and removing your thoughts from weight loss and restricting

girls will look up to her and those girls through society will more than likely have restrictive tendencies, they haven’t had a chance to unlearn their hate towards their own bodies and it scares me that she doesn’t put emphasis on the mental help you need throughout the journey, i don’t think you can just be ‘strong’ through it, ESPECIALLY if you’re a young girl

if you’re a girl trying this you will gain weight and you might never lose that again and it isn’t easy for anyone to accept, let alone the most vulnerable age group

sorry for the rant, it frustrates me that stephanie focuses so heavily on her body when she should talk about what she’s learned and unlearned, what shes discovered about herself that doesn’t even relate to food, how peoples worth is not attached to their body etc. where’s stephanies hobbies?? all i see is cake pop oatmeal and a skinny woman, how on earth does that inspire me to get help for my issues with food???

• Heart
My problem with Stephanie is that she isn't actually "fit," despite her being a figure in the fitness community.

I think at a lower body weight she had more muscle definition and that's why people grouped her with the fitness influencers. But to be honest, she never had much muscle mass because she never ate enough food to put on serious muscle.

Then when she was eating more, she avoided the gym because she said the mirrors bothered her.

Stephanie is obviously still restricting. There's a huge difference between eating less because you have anxiety (what she is doing)/losing weight because you are struggling with mental health and actually setlling into a healthy body weight after restricting.

IMO she is promoting disordered eating, from her previous 10k "cheat days" (binges) to her restrictive mindset. She is a grown woman who plays victim online, obsessing about what her audience thinks of her, and I'm over it.

• Heart

NarfNarf

I still wonder what Jeff's role is in all this. I can't help but think he doesn't really care, just smiles and nods and says, "you're so beautiful babe. Ok, I'm going back to Canada now, bye! See you for the next video! Let me know if you need a thumbnail of me grabbing your ass again!"

One thing I want to add is that even in anorexia recovery you don't go "all in."

When a person arrives at a treatment facility for anorexia and they're at a low weight, the treatment plan sometimes starts off at a very low amount of calories. They're monitored by medical staff to see how the body responds to eating more, and eventually the calories are increased to a level that they can start to gain weight. They're also given nutritional supplements to make sure that all the nutrients they were deprived of are being replenished.

If you're underweight and low body fat your body can actually go into shock if you just start eating a lot of calories. It can cause cardiac arrest, which is why they have to monitor people in anorexia recovery so closely with their meal plan.

So to me, I find it incredibly dangerous that Stephanie would actually promote this "all in" strategy as a method for overcoming any sort of restrictive eating. I've seen many comments on her videos saying that her videos helped girls to eat more or that they're going "all in."

What's more, ED behaviors are highly adaptive. Since EDs are mental disorders, there's an entire mindset behind the actions a person is engaging in, so it's easy for someone with restrictive habits to swing to the opposite end and start binging.

You'd think that Stephanie would be smarter, given how she brags about her educational background. She always says "I'm not a certified XYZ" but does that really matter when you brag about your PhD to a bunch of kids who don't take the time to see you got your doctorate in cancer research??

• Heart

caterday28

Chatty Member
As someone who has a 15+ year history of anorexia she makes me SO ANGRY. She shamelessly promoted this "all-in" diet to SO many vulnerable people with no evidence that it actually "works". All of my treatment has involved meal plans and gradual exposure, before transitioning to more intuitive and flexible eating based around normalised portion sizes. The reality is, that for someone with an eating disorder "unrestricted" eating is either not possible or not HEALTHY. Many people, including people with anorexia, struggle with binging. Binging is a behaviour just as much as restricting, fasting, or purging is and it's very difficult to pull yourself back from. There's a reason why healthcare professionals do not promote "all-in" type approaches. I try to steer away the eating disordered world on social media but it's clear that it's been picked up on my people with actual diagnosed problems, just as "minnie maud" was back in the day (*rolling my eyes*).

ANYWAY, as was entirely predictable she has swung from binge eating, to what was a brief period of eating more normal portion sizes, to heavily restricting and overexercising. And that is because she never really overcame her disordered eating practices in the first place, instead just switching from one behaviour to another. I don't like to judge people based on their appearances but that is abundantly clear from her weight loss together with her remaining preoccupation with food.

Reactions: 11

oshare

VIP Member
In her new videos you can tell she has lost SO MUCH weight. Does she really think we are stupid? lol
it's clear her whole all-in stuff is not a success. It's really clear she went on a weight-loss diet again.

She disgusts me so much more than other influencers tbh. She KNOWS what she is doing, and is lying in such a destructive way. It’s so much more sinister than lying about liking a makeup brand or something.

Qwerty1995

I had to create an account to post on this particular thread topic as I feel the folks on here are saying what I've been thinking. I had been following SB for awhile - I was completely turned off by her emaciated physique (i.e. that stomach vacuum ab video etc). I stopped watching her after I became sickened by her unhealthy body projections. Then - thanks to the youtube algorithm - I saw a caption about her 'all in' journey. I thought - 'great - finally she's going to do things right and get back to a healthy weight/mindset around food/fitness'. I always like supporting women who are honest about their journey/struggles and want to buck the body dysmorphia fitness trend that's so all encompassing in our current society.

So, I followed her. Supported her through comments. I was even going to purchase some products from her when I had a bit of extra cash to support her business initiatives etc.
I personally didn't find her 'all in' journey the best way to deal with hunger cues etc - but I thought, well at least she's trying to find a healthier body etc. I thought she just did a reverse diet - but expedited the process and found a catchy 'slogan' that wasn't very popular to 're brand' reverse dieting etc.

Then - she suddenly started losing weight at a pace that didn't seem normal/natural. I have been on a pretty long journey to find my own 'set point' - but really my main goals are just to encourage a healthy body image with healthier exercise regimes, better eating patterns and repairing my damaged metabolism from years of dieting. I have been pretty successful so far with the help of my trainer - but it's been a LONG LONG journey AND drastic weight loss etc is NOT a thing. It just isn't. I tend to put on muscle somewhat quickly - but I couldn't imagine 'losing' weight as drastically as she has without some kind of strict caloric deficit and intense cardio etc. Her most recent IG photos definitely demonstrate this.

I have called her a charlatan and a liar. She knew exactly what she was doing to capture a huge segment of the population and cement herself as a 'positive female image' so she can get the clicks/likes/sponsorship deals etc. I'm so disgusted by her as a person. She's the definition of doing whatever you can to gain a buck. It's reckless, irresponsible and, in some ways, immoral.

It'd be one thing if she was open and honest with her followers and told them "actually - all in doesn't work. Your body won't naturally speed up its metabolism and somehow lose a ton of body fat without a) putting on a ton of muscle and b) without caloric restrictions and c) massive heaps of cardio". If she came out and said she's just doing the classic 'reverse diet and cut' thing - I could accept it.
And to the other poster who talked about that 'sliver' of cake - EXACTLY! WTH.

I can't believe how people aren't calling her out. I just don't get it.

K - rant over lol.
Omg I am sorry to hear what you went through!

I was a fan of her's too but this was before all-in. She claims cheat days are "normal" and eating 5k calories once a week is "healthy" by using her stupid scientific jargons and shit. Then I started to follow and believe her. For 5 months I ended up being bulimic and anorexic. I was starting to question her credibility until I had to see a dietician and therapist. Then I went through forums and youtube comments and found out a lot of her followers also experienced that! I am kinda thankful I was able to smell her bullshit before her all-in or else I would've been BOTH her ridiculous cheat days and all-in.

She acts like she's an expert on science and health just because she has a phD but I actually think she's either an idiot who can't simply get the simple law of thermodynamics that eating 5k calories everyday will magically make her metabolism faster or she is just plain manipulative. Either way, I agree I can't believe people are still not cancelling this woman. Her fans are bunch of cults who defends her no matter what. She also loves to play victim that's why she got away with her shit.

I hope you are doing fine. Stephanie is nothing but a manipulative youtuber who makes cash out of her vulnerable viewers.

I don't really follow her any more, but this popped up as her most recent photo

She's looking pretty scrawny again no?

Genuinely think she looked better at higher weights! She's lucky, she's beautiful and her weight distributes well... But I really think she looks unhealthy quickly when she loses a little weight.
She has been restricting HARD since last year. She knows her all-in is BS so she decided to restrict. Comments are even calling her out already why suddenly the weight loss? Especially she claimed the "set-point" theory that she won't gain nor lose weight once she finds a set point after eating 5k calories everyday. But of course I wouldn't be surprised if this woman goes all "they are now skinny-shaming me!" 🙄

She has had a stupid amount of work done to her face. She posted a throwback to her younger self on her stories a few days ago and it looked like a different person, her face is now unrecognisable with the pillowy filler cheeks, lips and botox. Based on that alone I'd say she's also had her ass done. She's ruining herself, she was so naturally beautiful it's such a shame

Reactions: 10

oshare

VIP Member
What's even more f*cked up is that she is well-aware how damaging her content is but she goes on "it's okay I'm with you!" How can she sleep everyday knowing she damaged SO MUCH people especially minors? I don't have sympathy on her anymore.
Well said. It's honestly shocking to see so many people praise her for her "bravery" and "she's so inspiring". It's just a bunch of crap and it's, like you said, so f'ed up. She's super aware of her ED audience and just having her glorify binge eating over and over again on her channel is shocking. First with her cheat days and then with her "all in" journey. Her all in journey seemed more like allowing herself unlimited cheat/binge days, then regretting it because "she got fat" (she didn't imo) and didn't like all the backlash she got and how puffy she looked and then lost a bunch of weight again just "to prove her point" and she didn't want to look like a failed case. It's so clear she's messed up mentally. I'm not saying this to shame her but it's so clear she has a lot of issues with self-esteem and body image etc.
I feel bad for all the minors believing they can recover from an ED by simply eating a lot and waiting for it to turn out okay and not realizing Stephanie restricted again. Without knowlegde about nutrition and calories things can go so wrong for so many people. Imagine how many people are not getting the proper help now and just do what she did because it "worked for her" (we all know it didn't!!)

oshare

VIP Member
Maybe it was all done on purpose as a way to boost her business. Rather than going all in to sort out her extreme hunger maybe she already decided she was gonna go all in & then just lose it all .. it would keep peoples attention!!
I was thinking this last night as well after what was posted here! Maybe at the start she was being honest about it but then saw how much money this could potentially make her and got sucked in. She must have been able to sell tons of programs and since that was done now she wanted to sell again by doing a weight loss program. Honestly so mad given most of her audience are people with an eating disorder! and now she's selling them another scam that's not going to fix their problems. It just makes me so angry!! Targetting such vulnerable people!

tfcc

I had to create an account to post on this particular thread topic as I feel the folks on here are saying what I've been thinking. I had been following SB for awhile - I was completely turned off by her emaciated physique (i.e. that stomach vacuum ab video etc). I stopped watching her after I became sickened by her unhealthy body projections. Then - thanks to the youtube algorithm - I saw a caption about her 'all in' journey. I thought - 'great - finally she's going to do things right and get back to a healthy weight/mindset around food/fitness'. I always like supporting women who are honest about their journey/struggles and want to buck the body dysmorphia fitness trend that's so all encompassing in our current society.

So, I followed her. Supported her through comments. I was even going to purchase some products from her when I had a bit of extra cash to support her business initiatives etc.
I personally didn't find her 'all in' journey the best way to deal with hunger cues etc - but I thought, well at least she's trying to find a healthier body etc. I thought she just did a reverse diet - but expedited the process and found a catchy 'slogan' that wasn't very popular to 're brand' reverse dieting etc.

Then - she suddenly started losing weight at a pace that didn't seem normal/natural. I have been on a pretty long journey to find my own 'set point' - but really my main goals are just to encourage a healthy body image with healthier exercise regimes, better eating patterns and repairing my damaged metabolism from years of dieting. I have been pretty successful so far with the help of my trainer - but it's been a LONG LONG journey AND drastic weight loss etc is NOT a thing. It just isn't. I tend to put on muscle somewhat quickly - but I couldn't imagine 'losing' weight as drastically as she has without some kind of strict caloric deficit and intense cardio etc. Her most recent IG photos definitely demonstrate this.

I have called her a charlatan and a liar. She knew exactly what she was doing to capture a huge segment of the population and cement herself as a 'positive female image' so she can get the clicks/likes/sponsorship deals etc. I'm so disgusted by her as a person. She's the definition of doing whatever you can to gain a buck. It's reckless, irresponsible and, in some ways, immoral.

It'd be one thing if she was open and honest with her followers and told them "actually - all in doesn't work. Your body won't naturally speed up its metabolism and somehow lose a ton of body fat without a) putting on a ton of muscle and b) without caloric restrictions and c) massive heaps of cardio". If she came out and said she's just doing the classic 'reverse diet and cut' thing - I could accept it.
And to the other poster who talked about that 'sliver' of cake - EXACTLY! WTH.

I can't believe how people aren't calling her out. I just don't get it.

K - rant over lol.

• Heart
Hey! First time poster in this thread. I’ve been following Stephanie for a couple years now - I started watching her because she was a fellow PhD student and for that I was drawn to her videos. When she left academia to pursue her fitness content I was so confused because I know how much time, effort and money goes into this degree. At the beginning, I was supportive of her idea of going ‘all in’ but I wanted her to address the mental health aspect to this and also to acknowledge her own restrictive eating but nope - it was all to do with banishing her nonstop hunger. I mentioned this to my partner back then and he said that he 100% believes that in a years time she’ll have lost all the weight she gained and start marketing this journey as a diet plan. And here we are, she’s back to being slim and is clearly more comfortable in her own skin now that she’s slim again. She’s basically sending the message that to feel comfortable means to be slimmer. The amount of posts she had about being uncomfortable with the weight gain was just ridiculous because she should have been working on her self esteem back then and learning to love her body. Now she’s all about self love and positivity but she’s lost most of that weight - I’m lost for words tbh.
You bring up a really good point: From the beginning, it was all about being slim for Stephanie. The reason she went "all in" was to deal with her hunger, not to find her "healthy set weight" as she stated. Throughout this journey she's shown us those old photos of herself over and over again, basically setting up her audience's expectation that she's naturally slim anyway, and she'll get back there eventually.

Now Stephanie is starting to sound like a diet book. "Get rid of your hunger AND stay slim--with my All In plan!"

The most confusing part about all of this is that she's touted her most recent weight loss to her anxiety, yet she continues to not address her mental health. I really think that Stephanie needs to stop promoting what she does to gain/lose weight. From my own perspective, as someone who just exercises moderately to feel good, and who eats a balanced diet, Stephanie has never engaged in healthy behaviors around her weight. Eating "all in" was not healthy, restricting was not healthy, etc.