Stephanie Buttermore

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
all i feel like now is her videos are just her justifying why she’s doing x y and z to us, but then she says she doesn’t want to have to justify herself to us? if she doesn’t want to then don’t? if she feels she needs to address something, do it on an instagram story and leave it be, duck doing a 20 min youtube video on it.

it’s so sad to see that she’s gone from doing literal cancer research, potentially saving countless lives (or working towards it) to finding reasons to give her viewers that she’s gained/ lost weight

Reactions: 8
She has nothing to offer both her degree and her career on youtube. I agree, this is the problem of going full time on youtube. You will end up being less creative and a downgrade considering its not something you can hold onto for a lifetime.

With that said, Stephanie not using her phD in exchange for stupid body poses and food posts on instagram is a huge downgrade. She loves to brag about her degree yet she NEVER used it for a good cause. I feel like she only took it to look and act smart but she is an idiot for not knowing the basic rule that eating tons of calories will make you gain weight. She is justifying that it will stablize your metabolism with all the science jargon she probably found on the internet.

What i find most disturbing is that she glorifies binging and tells her very young and impressionable (likely eating-disordered) audience it's totally fine to binge and stuff themselves and ~all will be fine~
that's not how it works for most people. she clearly started to feel uncomfortable at some point and starting restricting her calories again and lost a shitload of weight. that's not how recovering from an ED works, it's just a bunch of crap she's trying to sell to her young audience and it can be very dangerous.

Reactions: 13
What i find most disturbing is that she glorifies binging and tells her very young and impressionable (likely eating-disordered) audience it's totally fine to binge and stuff themselves and ~all will be fine~
that's not how it works for most people. she clearly started to feel uncomfortable at some point and starting restricting her calories again and lost a shitload of weight. that's not how recovering from an ED works, it's just a bunch of crap she's trying to sell to her young audience and it can be very dangerous.
What's even more f*cked up is that she is well-aware how damaging her content is but she goes on "it's okay I'm with you!" How can she sleep everyday knowing she damaged SO MUCH people especially minors? I don't have sympathy on her anymore.

Reactions: 7
What's even more f*cked up is that she is well-aware how damaging her content is but she goes on "it's okay I'm with you!" How can she sleep everyday knowing she damaged SO MUCH people especially minors? I don't have sympathy on her anymore.
Well said. It's honestly shocking to see so many people praise her for her "bravery" and "she's so inspiring". It's just a bunch of crap and it's, like you said, so f'ed up. She's super aware of her ED audience and just having her glorify binge eating over and over again on her channel is shocking. First with her cheat days and then with her "all in" journey. Her all in journey seemed more like allowing herself unlimited cheat/binge days, then regretting it because "she got fat" (she didn't imo) and didn't like all the backlash she got and how puffy she looked and then lost a bunch of weight again just "to prove her point" and she didn't want to look like a failed case. It's so clear she's messed up mentally. I'm not saying this to shame her but it's so clear she has a lot of issues with self-esteem and body image etc.
I feel bad for all the minors believing they can recover from an ED by simply eating a lot and waiting for it to turn out okay and not realizing Stephanie restricted again. Without knowlegde about nutrition and calories things can go so wrong for so many people. Imagine how many people are not getting the proper help now and just do what she did because it "worked for her" (we all know it didn't!!)

Reactions: 10
Well said. It's honestly shocking to see so many people praise her for her "bravery" and "she's so inspiring". It's just a bunch of crap and it's, like you said, so f'ed up. She's super aware of her ED audience and just having her glorify binge eating over and over again on her channel is shocking. First with her cheat days and then with her "all in" journey. Her all in journey seemed more like allowing herself unlimited cheat/binge days, then regretting it because "she got fat" (she didn't imo) and didn't like all the backlash she got and how puffy she looked and then lost a bunch of weight again just "to prove her point" and she didn't want to look like a failed case. It's so clear she's messed up mentally. I'm not saying this to shame her but it's so clear she has a lot of issues with self-esteem and body image etc.
I feel bad for all the minors believing they can recover from an ED by simply eating a lot and waiting for it to turn out okay and not realizing Stephanie restricted again. Without knowlegde about nutrition and calories things can go so wrong for so many people. Imagine how many people are not getting the proper help now and just do what she did because it "worked for her" (we all know it didn't!!)
Has she ever been to therapy about her eating? she really needs to, I am not really surprised her eating is so messed up, I get the impression her mum has always been very critical of her weight etc. I feel sorry for her, but I also think she must be aware that she is just causing issues for her (mostly young) followers

Reactions: 4
I agree with all you guys, I thought she was super sweet at first but I think she made my ED worse. I would have cheat days just like hers and then feel bad about it afterwards. Then when she went all in, I was like “okay cool, I’m gonna do that too!” Yeah I felt pretty terrible and long story short, did not work. I hope she does find therapy, I don’t dislike her but I wish she wouldn’t lie about how she lost weight.

Has she ever been to therapy about her eating? she really needs to, I am not really surprised her eating is so messed up, I get the impression her mum has always been very critical of her weight etc. I feel sorry for her, but I also think she must be aware that she is just causing issues for her (mostly young) followers
I think people in the comments on her videos have been telling her to go to therapy but I guess she just relies on Dr. Rinaldi. Stephanie always references her and talks about how important it is to get your menstrual cycle back. I feel like Stephanie ignores those kind of comments though, she believes her relationship with food is good now that she’s at a healthy weight.

Reactions: 5
You know what's the problem with her? She isn't consulting an actual expert regarding with her "recovery" and she mostly relies on random youtubers. What pisses me most is that she is stigmatizing people to not seek professional help with eating disorders and making them think relying on youtubers are okay when it's really dangerous

Reactions: 9
anyone else find it weird she hasn't deleted her binge videos? I was just recommded one from 2 years ago, I get she is obviously not in charge of the algorithm, but surely this is why she should delete them if she no longer stands behind these ideas?

Reactions: 2
anyone else find it weird she hasn't deleted her binge videos? I was just recommded one from 2 years ago, I get she is obviously not in charge of the algorithm, but surely this is why she should delete them if she no longer stands behind these ideas?
Not at all. She's makes bank on those videos to this day. She's got to pay for that new house in Ontario somehow.

I don't really follow her any more, but this popped up as her most recent photo

She's looking pretty scrawny again no?

Genuinely think she looked better at higher weights! She's lucky, she's beautiful and her weight distributes well... But I really think she looks unhealthy quickly when she loses a little weight.
omg she looks tiny! totally agree, I was so jealous about how she put on weight! she just looked slightly bigger but still totally in proportion, completely the opposite of me :LOL:

Reactions: 5
omg she looks tiny! totally agree, I was so jealous about how she put on weight! she just looked slightly bigger but still totally in proportion, completely the opposite of me :LOL:
To be fair, anyone can look better than life if they pop out their hip and suck in their gut for a few seconds.
Buy hey, Stephanie's body told her she doesn't want donuts anymore or anything bigger than a tiny sliver of carrot cake, so I guess this is her natural set point. 🙄

Reactions: 6
To be fair, anyone can look better than life if they pop out their hip and suck in their gut for a few seconds.
Buy hey, Stephanie's body told her she doesn't want donuts anymore or anything bigger than a tiny sliver of carrot cake, so I guess this is her natural set point. 🙄
ugh where is the eye roll reaction!

I had to create an account to post on this particular thread topic as I feel the folks on here are saying what I've been thinking. I had been following SB for awhile - I was completely turned off by her emaciated physique (i.e. that stomach vacuum ab video etc). I stopped watching her after I became sickened by her unhealthy body projections. Then - thanks to the youtube algorithm - I saw a caption about her 'all in' journey. I thought - 'great - finally she's going to do things right and get back to a healthy weight/mindset around food/fitness'. I always like supporting women who are honest about their journey/struggles and want to buck the body dysmorphia fitness trend that's so all encompassing in our current society.

So, I followed her. Supported her through comments. I was even going to purchase some products from her when I had a bit of extra cash to support her business initiatives etc.
I personally didn't find her 'all in' journey the best way to deal with hunger cues etc - but I thought, well at least she's trying to find a healthier body etc. I thought she just did a reverse diet - but expedited the process and found a catchy 'slogan' that wasn't very popular to 're brand' reverse dieting etc.

Then - she suddenly started losing weight at a pace that didn't seem normal/natural. I have been on a pretty long journey to find my own 'set point' - but really my main goals are just to encourage a healthy body image with healthier exercise regimes, better eating patterns and repairing my damaged metabolism from years of dieting. I have been pretty successful so far with the help of my trainer - but it's been a LONG LONG journey AND drastic weight loss etc is NOT a thing. It just isn't. I tend to put on muscle somewhat quickly - but I couldn't imagine 'losing' weight as drastically as she has without some kind of strict caloric deficit and intense cardio etc. Her most recent IG photos definitely demonstrate this.

I have called her a charlatan and a liar. She knew exactly what she was doing to capture a huge segment of the population and cement herself as a 'positive female image' so she can get the clicks/likes/sponsorship deals etc. I'm so disgusted by her as a person. She's the definition of doing whatever you can to gain a buck. It's reckless, irresponsible and, in some ways, immoral.

It'd be one thing if she was open and honest with her followers and told them "actually - all in doesn't work. Your body won't naturally speed up its metabolism and somehow lose a ton of body fat without a) putting on a ton of muscle and b) without caloric restrictions and c) massive heaps of cardio". If she came out and said she's just doing the classic 'reverse diet and cut' thing - I could accept it.
And to the other poster who talked about that 'sliver' of cake - EXACTLY! WTH.

I can't believe how people aren't calling her out. I just don't get it.

K - rant over lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Genuinely think she looked better at higher weights! She's lucky, she's beautiful and her weight distributes well... But I really think she looks unhealthy quickly when she loses a little weight.
Yes - this is the photo that raised alarm bells for me. She's back to her old deficit ways. What a shame.

Reactions: 6
I had to create an account to post on this particular thread topic as I feel the folks on here are saying what I've been thinking. I had been following SB for awhile - I was completely turned off by her emaciated physique (i.e. that stomach vacuum ab video etc). I stopped watching her after I became sickened by her unhealthy body projections. Then - thanks to the youtube algorithm - I saw a caption about her 'all in' journey. I thought - 'great - finally she's going to do things right and get back to a healthy weight/mindset around food/fitness'. I always like supporting women who are honest about their journey/struggles and want to buck the body dysmorphia fitness trend that's so all encompassing in our current society.

So, I followed her. Supported her through comments. I was even going to purchase some products from her when I had a bit of extra cash to support her business initiatives etc.
I personally didn't find her 'all in' journey the best way to deal with hunger cues etc - but I thought, well at least she's trying to find a healthier body etc. I thought she just did a reverse diet - but expedited the process and found a catchy 'slogan' that wasn't very popular to 're brand' reverse dieting etc.

Then - she suddenly started losing weight at a pace that didn't seem normal/natural. I have been on a pretty long journey to find my own 'set point' - but really my main goals are just to encourage a healthy body image with healthier exercise regimes, better eating patterns and repairing my damaged metabolism from years of dieting. I have been pretty successful so far with the help of my trainer - but it's been a LONG LONG journey AND drastic weight loss etc is NOT a thing. It just isn't. I tend to put on muscle somewhat quickly - but I couldn't imagine 'losing' weight as drastically as she has without some kind of strict caloric deficit and intense cardio etc. Her most recent IG photos definitely demonstrate this.

I have called her a charlatan and a liar. She knew exactly what she was doing to capture a huge segment of the population and cement herself as a 'positive female image' so she can get the clicks/likes/sponsorship deals etc. I'm so disgusted by her as a person. She's the definition of doing whatever you can to gain a buck. It's reckless, irresponsible and, in some ways, immoral.

It'd be one thing if she was open and honest with her followers and told them "actually - all in doesn't work. Your body won't naturally speed up its metabolism and somehow lose a ton of body fat without a) putting on a ton of muscle and b) without caloric restrictions and c) massive heaps of cardio". If she came out and said she's just doing the classic 'reverse diet and cut' thing - I could accept it.
And to the other poster who talked about that 'sliver' of cake - EXACTLY! WTH.

I can't believe how people aren't calling her out. I just don't get it.

K - rant over lol.
Omg I am sorry to hear what you went through!

I was a fan of her's too but this was before all-in. She claims cheat days are "normal" and eating 5k calories once a week is "healthy" by using her stupid scientific jargons and tit. Then I started to follow and believe her. For 5 months I ended up being bulimic and anorexic. I was starting to question her credibility until I had to see a dietician and therapist. Then I went through forums and youtube comments and found out a lot of her followers also experienced that! I am kinda thankful I was able to smell her bullshit before her all-in or else I would've been BOTH her ridiculous cheat days and all-in.

She acts like she's an expert on science and health just because she has a phD but I actually think she's either an idiot who can't simply get the simple law of thermodynamics that eating 5k calories everyday will magically make her metabolism faster or she is just plain manipulative. Either way, I agree I can't believe people are still not cancelling this woman. Her fans are bunch of cults who defends her no matter what. She also loves to play victim that's why she got away with her tit.

I hope you are doing fine. Stephanie is nothing but a manipulative youtuber who makes cash out of her vulnerable viewers.

She has been restricting HARD since last year. She knows her all-in is BS so she decided to restrict. Comments are even calling her out already why suddenly the weight loss? Especially she claimed the "set-point" theory that she won't gain nor lose weight once she finds a set point after eating 5k calories everyday. But of course I wouldn't be surprised if this woman goes all "they are now skinny-shaming me!" 🙄

Reactions: 11
She's set herself up with the perfect excuse...

"it's not restriction. Now I've gone all in and got rid of my extreme hunger, my appetite has naturally reduced"

She might even believe her own tit at this point, but facts are it was so obvious she wasn't comfortable in her bigger frame, and is manipulating her weight now using her old tricks. She just won't cut to the same extent, and will go back to being "insta pretty" and shilling tit, and making money on adsense from views of her old videos.

Such a waste of a PhD. Makes me respect her even less, she had potential to do some good in her life and chucked it away, to create content that encourages disordered eating and negative body image within a vulnerable audience.

Reactions: 9
She's set herself up with the perfect excuse...

"it's not restriction. Now I've gone all in and got rid of my extreme hunger, my appetite has naturally reduced"

She might even believe her own tit at this point, but facts are it was so obvious she wasn't comfortable in her bigger frame, and is manipulating her weight now using her old tricks. She just won't cut to the same extent, and will go back to being "insta pretty" and shilling tit, and making money on adsense from views of her old videos.

Such a waste of a PhD. Makes me respect her even less, she had potential to do some good in her life and chucked it away, to create content that encourages disordered eating and negative body image within a vulnerable audience.
She went from being a phD graduate to a full-time instagram/youtube influencer. She cares more about her body image and food than other things in the world. It sucks that so many vulnerable people are physically and mentally affected from her videos and instagram stories. I think she only took a phD to make herself look smart and good but in reality she is a downright moron. What idiot would wear a bikini inside a house then wear long sleeves and leggings on the beach? She can't even dress properly based on the weather and claims she is so "smart" by using crappy jargons and scientific terms.

She went from being a phD graduate to a full-time instagram/youtube influencer. She cares more about her body image and food than other things in the world. It sucks that so many vulnerable people are physically and mentally affected from her videos and instagram stories. I think she only took a phD to make herself look smart and good but in reality she is a downright moron. What idiot would wear a bikini inside a house then wear long sleeves and leggings on the beach? She can't even dress properly based on the weather and claims she is so "smart" by using crappy jargons and scientific terms.
imagine spending all that money and time just to have what is essentially a mukbang channel?
I don't know if anyone here follows Natacha Oceane, she basically did the same (i.e. abandoned academia after her PHD) but she actually uses her scientific knowledge to make good content, I don't like all of her videos but the differences between them are really shocking