Stephanie Buttermore

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another all in video popping up on insta.. she’s looking tiny .. I don’t think she is naturally that tiny at all !! Fck off with your lies !!

Reactions: 4
Pointless video. Whoever buys her book is just completely stupid, what else is there to say that isn’t online for free

Reactions: 2
As someone who’s battled eating disorders and also has 3 girls people like Stephanie infuriate me. There’s no way she’s so tiny as she is now without cutting her calories. It’s even worse to get so small and act like it’s through intuitive eating or whatever. It just means women and young girls will look at her and feel like they are unattractive because they don’t look like that when they eat intuitively. It’s bullshit. It’s clear she gained a ton of weight and just hated herself for it and decided to lose it.

I’m not saying you wouldn’t necessarily get smaller but come on she’s tiny. She’s me at my most obsessive counting every calorie and going to the gym every day tiny. That’s hardly healthy. Her new video made me feel sick with the manipulation. Ugh. Get her off YouTube🤮

Reactions: 13
She disgusts me so much more than other influencers tbh. She KNOWS what she is doing, and is lying in such a destructive way. It’s so much more sinister than lying about liking a makeup brand or something.

Reactions: 11
It really does bother me so much how many younger girls will be watching her wondering why they don’t look like that.
I also wonder how many naive people she roped into ‘all in’ and now they are all 30 plus pounds heavier but stuck with it and unhappy :( while she parades around looking amazing. I dunno if I am overthinking it but that thought just makes me so sad.

Reactions: 9
It really does bother me so much how many younger girls will be watching her wondering why they don’t look like that.
I also wonder how many naive people she roped into ‘all in’ and now they are all 30 plus pounds heavier but stuck with it and unhappy :( while she parades around looking amazing. I dunno if I am overthinking it but that thought just makes me so sad.
exactly, and it is not like she is just an uneducated influencer peddling stupid ideas, she has studied science so must know how wrong this is

Totally! She’s supposed to have a PHD too so she’s a clever lady. Maybe that’s the problem though, she understands the power she has to influence people who aren’t as grown up or smart as her I guess.

Reactions: 6
And don't forget she's shilling her workout program 🙄

Reactions: 2
I haven’t followed Stephanie for long but became intrigued by her after YouTube recommended me some video of hers as I got major ‘fake’ vibes from her from the beginning.. It seems that most of her comment section buy into the image she’s presenting, which is sad to me, but there are a few calling her out. This one on her most recent video (entitled, with questionable accuracy, ‘what a day of food freedom looks like’) seems fair. Sorry for the suboptimal crop.
5D10DAA1-6DB1-4CB4-AA0B-11890913CD03.jpeg

Reactions: 8
She's got another video all about "Food Freedom" and yet she is even smaller than her last video. Her meal portions are really small yet she goes on about how incredibly full she is (her breakfast was no more than 400 calories). She is so body obsessed and her audience is basically comprised of children who eat this crap up.

Reactions: 6
i had a really damaged relationship with food and stephanie inspired me to try the ‘all in’ method, mix that with anti-depressants and i gained a staggering amount of weight in a really short space of time - and it’s just stayed

i think what stephanie never talked about is when you heal your relationship with food you need a duck load of help, my new body is bigger than i’ve ever been and i have a therapist to coach me through my feelings towards it, i also realise now i don’t crave as much ‘junk food’ because i know it just makes me feel sluggish, but me healing my issues and not eating as much takeout HAS NOT caused me to lose the weight again

it’s incredibly careless and disingenuous to talk about your ‘all in method’ WHILE showing off your body, you choose one or the other - showing off your beautifully proportioned body before and after is such a bad representation of intuitive eating and removing your thoughts from weight loss and restricting

girls will look up to her and those girls through society will more than likely have restrictive tendencies, they haven’t had a chance to unlearn their hate towards their own bodies and it scares me that she doesn’t put emphasis on the mental help you need throughout the journey, i don’t think you can just be ‘strong’ through it, ESPECIALLY if you’re a young girl

if you’re a girl trying this you will gain weight and you might never lose that again and it isn’t easy for anyone to accept, let alone the most vulnerable age group

sorry for the rant, it frustrates me that stephanie focuses so heavily on her body when she should talk about what she’s learned and unlearned, what shes discovered about herself that doesn’t even relate to food, how peoples worth is not attached to their body etc. where’s stephanies hobbies?? all i see is cake pop oatmeal and a skinny woman, how on earth does that inspire me to get help for my issues with food???

• Heart
Reactions: 12
i had a really damaged relationship with food and stephanie inspired me to try the ‘all in’ method, mix that with anti-depressants and i gained a staggering amount of weight in a really short space of time - and it’s just stayed

i think what stephanie never talked about is when you heal your relationship with food you need a duck load of help, my new body is bigger than i’ve ever been and i have a therapist to coach me through my feelings towards it, i also realise now i don’t crave as much ‘junk food’ because i know it just makes me feel sluggish, but me healing my issues and not eating as much takeout HAS NOT caused me to lose the weight again

it’s incredibly careless and disingenuous to talk about your ‘all in method’ WHILE showing off your body, you choose one or the other - showing off your beautifully proportioned body before and after is such a bad representation of intuitive eating and removing your thoughts from weight loss and restricting

girls will look up to her and those girls through society will more than likely have restrictive tendencies, they haven’t had a chance to unlearn their hate towards their own bodies and it scares me that she doesn’t put emphasis on the mental help you need throughout the journey, i don’t think you can just be ‘strong’ through it, ESPECIALLY if you’re a young girl

if you’re a girl trying this you will gain weight and you might never lose that again and it isn’t easy for anyone to accept, let alone the most vulnerable age group

sorry for the rant, it frustrates me that stephanie focuses so heavily on her body when she should talk about what she’s learned and unlearned, what shes discovered about herself that doesn’t even relate to food, how peoples worth is not attached to their body etc. where’s stephanies hobbies?? all i see is cake pop oatmeal and a skinny woman, how on earth does that inspire me to get help for my issues with food???
Don’t be sorry; I really appreciated your post. I’m sorry you’ve had the struggles you mentioned (and props to you for choosing to heal your body and engage in therapy) but I think you have articulated the problem with Stephanie’s content very well. She has a large enough platform to make a genuinely positive difference to many impressionable viewers, but she has chosen to continue down the path of (public) body obsession, which seems to me pretty clearly damaging to herself and also likely to those viewers.

As someone who has a 15+ year history of anorexia she makes me SO ANGRY. She shamelessly promoted this "all-in" diet to SO many vulnerable people with no evidence that it actually "works". All of my treatment has involved meal plans and gradual exposure, before transitioning to more intuitive and flexible eating based around normalised portion sizes. The reality is, that for someone with an eating disorder "unrestricted" eating is either not possible or not HEALTHY. Many people, including people with anorexia, struggle with binging. Binging is a behaviour just as much as restricting, fasting, or purging is and it's very difficult to pull yourself back from. There's a reason why healthcare professionals do not promote "all-in" type approaches. I try to steer away the eating disordered world on social media but it's clear that it's been picked up on my people with actual diagnosed problems, just as "minnie maud" was back in the day (*rolling my eyes*).

ANYWAY, as was entirely predictable she has swung from binge eating, to what was a brief period of eating more normal portion sizes, to heavily restricting and overexercising. And that is because she never really overcame her disordered eating practices in the first place, instead just switching from one behaviour to another. I don't like to judge people based on their appearances but that is abundantly clear from her weight loss together with her remaining preoccupation with food.

Reactions: 11
She’s just flipped behaviours and back again, the obsession and preoccupation with food and her body never went anywhere. All I saw in her latest video is a woman clearly fixated on smaller portions and not eating enough nutrients or calories, and trying to pretend she’s “just not hungry” anymore and can eat crap food without obsessing about it therefore All In worked, tada! Learn all about it in my new book coming soon!

The problem with this woman is that she’s got major mental issues and her toxic positivity is making the problem worse for her. She’s in full blown denial and has made a career out of misleading her millions of followers, who think you can eat anything and everything and somehow land a neurotically skinny and toned body. It’s so toxic.

Reactions: 7
First time poster, although a long time reader. I used to really like Stephanie (many moon ago) especially when the content was focused on the science of exercise and nutrition (e.g. are artificial sweeteners dangerous). I fell out and started reading gossip sites when she started the massive cheat day stuff. I am so bored of the same content and her continual insistence that she is less food focused/ has food freedom etc. Looking at her content for last few years, you can see that is a lie. Every damn video has been about all-in and food, with barely any focus on exercise/ other content. It's just disappointing because I feel her content could be really good. Especially since eating enough should (in theory) allow her to fuel her work outs properly. I guess I just have to accept that the content won't ever really be my thing.

In her newst vid - does she just play up how much she enjoys food or what? Seems like such a bizarre reaction for somebody who eats what they want, when they want. I haven't dieted in years, (understand might be different for different people) but good food doesn't generally elicit that intense of a reaction for me. Any else?

Reactions: 5
Wonder why she’s been demonetised? Gotta love that beg! Get a job Steph!
I’m glad she’s getting demonetised because damn she’s seriously milking this whole all in thing. She’s not even going all in anymore?! She’s clearly in a calorie deficit because she’s pretty much back to her normal weight prior to her all in journey. It’s all so manipulative really… makes me sick that young girls look up to her and think going all in will solve everything and at the end of the day will result in still being thin after a year or so. Ugh, I want to tell her views to go see a professional!!! Go to therapy!! Talk to a dietician!! Don’t listen to YouTubers! Even those with PhDs 🙄🙄🙄

First time poster, although a long time reader. I used to really like Stephanie (many moon ago) especially when the content was focused on the science of exercise and nutrition (e.g. are artificial sweeteners dangerous). I fell out and started reading gossip sites when she started the massive cheat day stuff. I am so bored of the same content and her continual insistence that she is less food focused/ has food freedom etc. Looking at her content for last few years, you can see that is a lie. Every damn video has been about all-in and food, with barely any focus on exercise/ other content. It's just disappointing because I feel her content could be really good. Especially since eating enough should (in theory) allow her to fuel her work outs properly. I guess I just have to accept that the content won't ever really be my thing.

In her newst vid - does she just play up how much she enjoys food or what? Seems like such a bizarre reaction for somebody who eats what they want, when they want. I haven't dieted in years, (understand might be different for different people) but good food doesn't generally elicit that intense of a reaction for me. Any else?
Completely agree. I do watch what I eat so there are certain things I don't eat every day or every week (eg. doughnuts, cakes, fries, pizza). Yet when I eat them I enjoy them and that's all. This reaction of hers is very weird. But I think this is due to her controversial relationship with food.