Stacey Solomon #48 No privacy for the babies, can't get much worse, all they do is line your purse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is esme meant to be pronounced? I pronounce is Ez-May is that correct or am I just common as muck? I don’t know anyone called Esme so I’d like to know the right way to pronounce it incase I ever meet one 🤣
Your way is the way I’ve heard it said but the accent on top of the e is the wrong way on stacey spelling if she wants the final vowel to say ay. The diacritics above a vowel change the way the vowel is pronounced in french so she’s got the diacritic the wrong way if she wants it to say ezmay. She’s done it so it’s said ez-meh 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There were ‘smowl bizniss’ accounts posting immediately on the post saying they want to send her things. I get that it’s dog eat dog out there if you run your own craft company but it’s a meat market isn’t it.

All the huns will have their Cricut machines and other things making clothes with rose or her initial to send to Stacey for the baby. They all been sat waiting to know the name.

Reactions: 8
Your way is the way I’ve heard it said but the accent on top of the e is the wrong way on stacey spelling if she wants the final vowel to say ay. The diacritics above a vowel change the way the vowel is pronounced in french so she’s got the diacritic the wrong way if she wants it to say ezmay. She’s done it so it’s said ez-meh 😐
Maybe she meant to add an accent on Rose and it’s going to be pronounced Rose-ay! Or Rose-eh!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Actually pissed off I have a Rose and now she does it’s just going to be taken the piss out of 😥

Reactions: 3
Hahahahaha I read the name and I literally laughted out loud. No offence to any mothers of 🌹 but seriously how basic

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I can see a children's book rex and Rosie. Also the slave labourers are already on there sowing machines making the new primark range as we type away on tattle.

Reactions: 9
Hinch will be bleeping fuming!!! OR disgustingly snobby and claim SS has named her after her best bud 🤮

Reactions: 4
Haven't posted on Stacey's thread in ages. But is she trying to tell us she took over a week to choose the exact name everyone predicted with the child's room plastered in roses c'mon now babe.

Also irrationally annoyed at the random comma she typed in the middle 😠

Reactions: 13
Don't know what's worse; the anti climatic name or the people who actually think they had a say 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Don't know what's worse; the anti climatic name or the people who actually think they had a say 🤣🤣
Someone on my Facebook wrote “oh my god she must have read the 30 messages I sent her every day” 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I thought I’d heard of a website before and just looked there is roseandrex which sells children’s toys etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is there any french speakers that explain why she used the grave accent on the final e of esme? I’m only really good with English extended ipa but I found

Above an “a” or a “u”, a grave accent doesn't change the pronunciation. Above an “e”, however, it tells you that the vowel is pronounced “eh”, like the “e” in “get” (IPA /ɛ/).

so would that mean it’s said like ezmeh that sounds weird? Or is there a different way to say that final vowel?
Plz thank you!
I'm half French. It looks odd to me with the grave accent. I've only ever known it to be Esmé but then people do Chloè which also jars!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm half French. It looks odd to me with the grave accent. I've only ever known it to be Esmé but then people do Chloè which also jars!
Thanks for answering! I love learning stuff like this, I know barely anything about french sounds so tattle is teaching me tonight!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.