Squid Game - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tried Alice in borderland & not keen. Husband likes it though, I think I just love squid game too much 🤣😂

Reactions: 1
Saw this on FB earlier but the page was public so didn’t want to comment on it but Gong Yoo could smack my ass like a drum 😛

CAF7FDB3-CD26-417E-9ED0-24A550F1150A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I wasn’t really paying attention when I put this on, I just saw Korean game show and thought it’d be like Takeshi’s Castle… Imagine my shock when they starting beating each other up and getting murdered!🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I wasn’t really paying attention when I put this on, I just saw Korean game show and thought it’d be like Takeshi’s Castle… Imagine my shock when they starting beating each other up and getting murdered!🤣🤣
I was nearly nodding off after a long day at work when Red Light Green Light came on. Nearly jumped out of my skin when the gunshots started 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When a girl at work recommended it she said ‘have you seen Takeshi’s castle?’ I said yeah and she goes ‘it’s like that…and Saw’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It's more gruesome in some cases. More exciting mostly! It's more "out there" and smarter, like there are some twists to the games whereas the Squid Game ones are quite straightforward as they are based on children's games. But both are really good series!
Director Hwang actually talks about this! The reason he chose children's games is because he wanted the focus to be on the players' emotions and ability to function under pressure or how they act when they're desperate - not on solving the puzzles or figuring out the gameplay.

I think all the actors did such an amazing part of "becoming" their characters and showing their emotions too. For that alone, I find Squid Game phenomenal.

Im on ep8 at the moment I cried when the old man died but glad psycho witch and that wanna elvis lookalike died together i never liked them pair. Shocked that he was the brother of the cop tho like what!!!

Im on ep8 at the moment I cried when the old man died but glad psycho witch and that wanna elvis lookalike died together i never liked them pair. Shocked that he was the brother of the cop tho like what!!!
Meant to add i will never look at takeshi's castle the same now out of fear

• Haha
I only watched it because of the tiktoks I kept getting and nearly gave myself a heart attack during the red light green light game as I wasn’t expecting it.

the most tense game was the tug of war, I had a knot in my stomach the entire time watching it.

Felt devastated when Ali died he was so sweet, also I was ready to kill Sang Woo myself just for the fact he killed my girlfriend 😭

Finished squid game last night. Loved it, hope they do a 2nd season.

Just started Alice in Boderland. Ive also heard 3% is meant to be similar too, anyone seen that?
The first season of 3% was really decent, the second was good enough too,thought the last season was the weakest. But it's a good series, Brazilian with people trying to pass different games, not really violent but it's quite tense. I'd recommend it after Alice in Borderland when you have finished Squid Game 😁

Finished it tonight, I really enjoyed it. The policeman 😍😍 dunno what happened with that red hair at the end though?!

Reactions: 8
Loved it overall but the twists were very weak and a few things didn't make sense.
  • [*]Someone already pointed out the food issue

[*]The Front Man twist was predictable and served no purpose. The cop's brother had been missing for days? The Front Man indicated he'd done Squid Games in the past, so obv. he would be gone for days if not weeks at a time, so why is it now an issue to be solved? Plus his flat back in the city looked like student digs - I got the impression the missing brother was younger. Didn't cop find brother's file in the private room and he was supposedly one of the contestants (#130 or so)? Did the briefly seen photo even look like him? It looked like a kid. I thought the guy that was trying to partner with Gi-hun for the marble challenge would turn out to be the brother.

[*]The old guy twist was really dumb, again served no purpose. Didn't make sense because it was after the marble challenge where he was eliminated that the VIPs arrived. Old guy told the Front Man to apologise to the VIPs that he won't see them because "it's more fun to play than watch" - but he was already out of the game by then?? If I'm missing something please let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Loved it overall but the twists were very weak and a few things didn't make sense.
  • [*]Someone already pointed out the food issue

[*]The Front Man twist was predictable and served no purpose. The cop's brother had been missing for days? The Front Man indicated he'd done Squid Games in the past, so obv. he would be gone for days if not weeks at a time, so why is it now an issue to be solved? Plus his flat back in the city looked like student digs - I got the impression the missing brother was younger. Didn't cop find brother's file in the private room and he was supposedly one of the contestants (#130 or so)? Did the briefly seen photo even look like him? It looked like a kid. I thought the guy that was trying to partner with Gi-hun for the marble challenge would turn out to be the brother.

[*]The old guy twist was really dumb, again served no purpose. Didn't make sense because it was after the marble challenge where he was eliminated that the VIPs arrived. Old guy told the Front Man to apologise to the VIPs that he won't see them because "it's more fun to play than watch" - but he was already out of the game by then?? If I'm missing something please let me know.
The old guy probably got eliminated at the marbles game because the next game was the high glass jumping game. No way would he have been able to do or fix his way through that

Reactions: 9