Squid Game - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hm, I expected to love it a lot more but it really feels like there’s not much pay off, and the twists were somewhat predictable too

There’s a few things that also just didn’t make much sense. The episode where they get less food - one of the red guys says it’s because they planned for it, but clearly it was because people took second servings

there’s a lot of stuff about how the guy wrote it in 2008 and couldn’t get any studio to take it. I honestly think the primary reason the series was taken is because Alice in Borderland had decent success too, and this is similar enough to draw that audience. It then got very lucky with social media

Reactions: 3
just on the last episode and i think it’s taken me 5/6 to actually get into it. it’s good - quite graphic and for the hype it’s had i didn’t really find it that… amazing?

Reactions: 2
Hm, I expected to love it a lot more but it really feels like there’s not much pay off, and the twists were somewhat predictable too

There’s a few things that also just didn’t make much sense. The episode where they get less food - one of the red guys says it’s because they planned for it, but clearly it was because people took second servings

there’s a lot of stuff about how the guy wrote it in 2008 and couldn’t get any studio to take it. I honestly think the primary reason the series was taken is because Alice in Borderland had decent success too, and this is similar enough to draw that audience. It then got very lucky with social media
Didnt he say they had planned enough meals for the amount of contestants? Which is ehy there wasnt enough because the others had stolen it?

Didnt he say they had planned enough meals for the amount of contestants? Which is ehy there wasnt enough because the others had stolen it?
Yes and then one of the red guys explains to the doctor that the special game was planned/pushed by not giving the players enough food. Which is clearly not right

You could argue that it was just the manger/red guys guessing/being told so but they seem fairly aware of the plans for games, and the whole exchange doesn’t make much sense because, obviously, if someone had planned for it to happen that way there would be more people starving for that night

The rules of the game do seem to change a couple of times, but that was the one to take me out of the series the most tbh. Generally, I think some stuff was thrown in and then dropped - the players being equal for example. Clearly not true for a variety of reasons, but it’s such a random thing to drop in because I don’t think anyone in charge needs to ‘fool’ themselves into thinking that they’re doing something good

Ive heard that it’s apparently badly translated so I do wonder if that may be part of the issue but 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes and then one of the red guys explains to the doctor that the special game was planned/pushed by not giving the players enough food. Which is clearly not right

You could argue that it was just the manger/red guys guessing/being told so but they seem fairly aware of the plans for games, and the whole exchange doesn’t make much sense because, obviously, if someone had planned for it to happen that way there would be more people starving for that night

The rules of the game do seem to change a couple of times, but that was the one to take me out of the series the most tbh. Generally, I think some stuff was thrown in and then dropped - the players being equal for example. Clearly not true for a variety of reasons, but it’s such a random thing to drop in because I don’t think anyone in charge needs to ‘fool’ themselves into thinking that they’re doing something good

Ive heard that it’s apparently badly translated so I do wonder if that may be part of the issue but 🤷🏼‍♀️
Ah yeah, I forgot about that. As you say I wonder if it was just badly translated 🙈

The tug of war and the glass bridge games were soooo intense. Great stuff.

Reactions: 15
but they were only given an egg and water bottle of water each anyway, nowhere near enough food even if everybody had some

Reactions: 12
but they were only given an egg and water bottle of water each anyway, nowhere near enough food even if everybody had some
Exactly this. They planned for an egg each which is not enough to survive on.

I read some of the explanations of how they didn't translate it properly but I dont see how it took away from the show tbh.

If you had the subtitles on it was clear that the dubbing and subtitles weren’t the same at times

I’ve started watching this with my parents. We thought we’d have a break from murder/crime shows. Not exactly the less gory show we were looking for but it’s been good so far. I was just wandering if there are any scenes that might be uncomfortable to watch with my parents. My sister has watched the whole series (on my account because her’s is on a child’s setting 😤) and said there’s a sex scene in episode 4. Although she said the same about episode 3 and we watched that yesterday and there wasn’t one.

I’ve started watching this with my parents. We thought we’d have a break from murder/crime shows. Not exactly the less gory show we were looking for but it’s been good so far. I was just wandering if there are any scenes that might be uncomfortable to watch with my parents. My sister has watched the whole series (on my account because her’s is on a child’s setting 😤) and said there’s a sex scene in episode 4. Although she said the same about episode 3 and we watched that yesterday and there wasn’t one.
There is a sex scene in the toilet in episode 4, i think that’s the only one though.

Squid Game is the only TV program i have watched in a long time that has captivated me all the way through. i didnt feel bored or like skipping any parts or reading up spoilers! definitely recommend, enjoyed all the characters equally and found myself holding my breath during all of the games. amazing

Reactions: 14