Squid Game - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've started watching it today and im enjoying it but can't help but wonder if some of them.are actually actors...

Reactions: 6
Anyone else watching the real life version that Netflix have just added?

I was sceptical but surprised how much I'm enjoying it.
Saw it advertised & wasn’t interested but might give it a try now I’ve seen your post.

I've started watching it today and im enjoying it but can't help but wonder if some of them.are actually actors...
Hmm yeah maybe. It does feel a little slick and some 'characters' seem a bit convenient at times

But I think the games themselves are enough to keep me entertained rather than particularly caring about anyone in it.

It's not as good as the TV drama, but if you take it for what it is and just enjoy the games I enjoy it.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure it was even written or planned for. I think the success caught them off guard.

Attorney Woo looks like it will be a couple of years too. I wonder if things just take longer in South Korea

Reactions: 4
I didn’t think much of the episodes I watched. Too many overexcited whooping Americans for my liking.
It reminds me of Takeshi’s Castle but not as much fun or entertaining.

Reactions: 2
Where on earth have they got the budget from to give some random person over 4 million dollars for nothing though? They aren't staking their lives for it, so it would make sense to have plenty actors in there to avoid an actual payout.. I dunno, just all abit ott and playing up some of the characters numbers where as others haven't said a literal word!

Reactions: 4
I’m at the bit where they have to do the honeycomb task. Confused how no one suggested a ‘fairer’ way to choose the shape. Rock, paper, scissors even?????
also, fast forwarding all the interview bits- really don’t care about their lives, just want to see the tasks!

Reactions: 6
I've watched the first 3 episodes and I'm struggling to grasp that it is meant to be an actual game show. To me it just seems like another squid games without people dying

I've watched the first 3 episodes and I'm struggling to grasp that it is meant to be an actual game show. To me it just seems like another squid games without people dying
That's basically what it is I think. I'm not watching it as a game show, just for the different squid games which are quite tense at times.

I'm not sure how "real" the game show is but I'm looking forward to seeing who wins next week. It's been an easyish watch.

Couldn’t get through a full episode and I will sit through some rubbish. Very in your face American for a British production. It’s created by Studio Lambert, probably why it reminded me of dated channel 4 reality TV.

Couldn’t get through a full episode and I will sit through some rubbish. Very in your face American for a British production. It’s created by Studio Lambert, probably why it reminded me of dated channel 4 reality TV.
Think they do Traitors too which is excellent tbf and Race Across The World

Reactions: 1
The longer the game goes on and the more invested people become in their relationships the better it gets, I was curious about how they would replicate the dorm dynamics from the show and the random tests with eliminations is a great mechanic, especially when they have to tell the group who they are eliminating.

Reactions: 8
Was coming to say the acting wasn't the best - I had no idea it was real

I watched the first episode but not sure I'll keep watching. Something seems very 'off' about it. I'm having a hard time believing any of it's real. I know reality TV is always soft scripted, but this feels more planned than that.

For a start, it was filmed here, yet it's feels like 95% of the contestants are American. Why so many? Feels like they've been picked based on acting ability. They seem to want to create the same characters the original show had. I think it could have been better if the show producers had let things happen more naturally, but they're probably scared stiff of leaving things to chance because they're worried it'd be boring and they've clearly spent a lot of money on it.

I watched the first episode but not sure I'll keep watching. Something seems very 'off' about it. I'm having a hard time believing any of it's real. I know reality TV is always soft scripted, but this feels more planned than that.

For a start, it was filmed here, yet it's feels like 95% of the contestants are American. Why so many? Feels like they've been picked based on acting ability. They seem to want to create the same characters the original show had. I think it could have been better if the show producers had let things happen more naturally, but they're probably scared stiff of leaving things to chance because they're worried it'd be boring and they've clearly spent a lot of money on it.
I think its heavily geared towards the American market. They film here because its cheaper, but it was meant to feel like an American show

I thought this about creating the same characters. Like the older guy for example, he even said "call me old man"