Sparkles and Stretchmarks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered that the day they arrived on Main Street. It looked like they were.
yeh I spotted that too. How old are the smaller ones, 7/8? We took our kids to universal and disney and they were 5 and 10 - didn't even consider a buggy!! You just pace yourself if you're with kids dont you!

Reactions: 2
I just got caught up on her Epcot stories. She didn't say how much the themed dinner was so I googled and it was... $60 per adult and $39 per child!! So $240 plus tax and tip. The food looked gross too and even she said it wasn't that great for the money. The "experience" seems to be people in suits who are prob crying on the inside about the acting career they hoped for interrupting your meal for photo oops. I don't get it???

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Thread suggestion

Sparkles and Stretchmarks #2 throwing money at Disney thrills, they're not worried about energy bills.

Reactions: 17
I
Wait what? She needs a mobility scooter? How did I miss that!
It’s an old trick at theme parks. People hire wheelchairs and mobility scooters so they can skip the line ups and use the disability excuse. Wouldnt put it past these crackpots.

Reactions: 1
How long are they there for? I just cannot begin to conceive how much money has been spent. I have a well paid job, mortgage, no debts - and I’m still trying to decide whether I can afford to take my 6 year old to DL Paris next year for TWO DAYS.

Reactions: 6
I dip in and out of following her and this thread.

But duck me.

HOW? And more to the point, why?

Skint one second and blowing hundreds on tit dinners at Disney the next. She’s a walking disaster.

How long are they there for? I just cannot begin to conceive how much money has been spent. I have a well paid job, mortgage, no debts - and I’m still trying to decide whether I can afford to take my 6 year old to DL Paris next year for TWO DAYS.
They are there for TWENTY BLOODY FIVE DAYS

P. S. Again she didn't mention how much they spent on food yesterday but I googled and the drive through style place they went to charges $20 for a burger. So safe to assume with drinks, tips etc that was another $100 meal at the very least. I think that's at least $800 on food now.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My last visit to Florida was on a budget. But we spent £2800 on food, souvenirs, shopping, the parks, fuel.

@missbct Likewise, having some money set a side for a rainy day before spurging all your money on a holiday that wipes out all your spare cash.

They are doing themed/character/expensive meals every single day. It is genuinely blowing my mind. Most people I know might do a character dinner once during their Disney holiday. Or eat at an overpriced but fun themed restaurant once or twice. They are doing it every day. Did you see the story when she said they’re under budget on food so she’s really pleased? Don’t think she realises that the amount they’re spending on food means she doesn’t have a budget, she’s just spending all the money all the time as she planned to do 😅 . I remember her moaning a while ago that they’d never be able to own a home because the down payment would be impossible to save for. The cost of this holiday would absolutely go a long way to a down payment on a house. I am all for having fun at Disney, but not at the cost of long term security for my family. It’s madness.

But it’s ok guys her therapist told her too. I can see how she’ll use that to justify this

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The poor person in the Sully costume having her hurl herself at them for a cuddle.
This inner child bullshit drives me insane. Seems like a excuse to be irresponsible and waste money they can't afford. I really do not want to hear one whinge from her about the cost of living when she gets back.

Reactions: 6
Why does she always pull her skirt out when she has a photo taken? It's bloody annoying!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would be willing to believe that the hotel where they are staying is putting these food charges on a tab. The taxes and daily fees, etc, often don't show up until checkout then it can be a shocker. May have to leave ole John in the Orange County lockup until the bill is settled. There is no way to keep tabs on all thats being racked up right at the time.
Other posters here are right, even with 2 salaries we would struggle to justify a few days anywhere near a Disney branded park or cruise.

Honestly my head is baffled. We have an above average income a year in our house, and we cannot afford Disney. We did 4 days in Paris Disney in march and it cost 4k I just can’t get my head around how she’s paying for this? Inheritance? Some sort of compensation? Could she be one of these fraudsters who works the system? She needs investigating

Reactions: 4
Three weeks. We did Euro Disney a few years ago for two days and it cost a fortune. My kids really wanted to go so we tagged it on to the beginning of a Centre Parc holiday. The Disney bit cost almost as much as the week in Centre Parcs. I hated it, overpriced tat everywhere. We did the wild west experience and I wish I hadn't. Ended up complaining about the treatment of the horses, especially the poor creature that was made to lay on its side and then get up with this huge woman on its back dressed as Annie Oakley. She was whacking it with a whip as it was struggling to lift her up from that position. Never again woould I waste my money.

Hayley's kids do not look like they are having the best time. They look bored or miserable and those character hugs are awkward af!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.