Sophie Toscan du Pantier. Netflix & Sky crime.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why didnt Marie ever reveal the identity of the man in the car with her that night? Surely he could have confirmed what/who she saw on the bridge that night?
Maybe Marie Farrell was having an affair with a guard? That would need to be hushed up. I just cannot understand the woman's behaviour.

Reactions: 5
After listening to that podcast who would you think did it?
I flip flopped so much listening to it. hand on heart I genuinely don't know who did it. What I find very strange that not much was made out of the blood on the front door!! Sophie was murdered at the end of the road so why is there blood on the front door? Did the killer go back to the house to destroy possible evidence?

Reactions: 4
I thought Ian was an attention seeker but there doesn’t seem any proof that he did it. Could her ex have something to do with it? He had money problems but had powerful ties and was having an affair with a woman who went on to become his fourth? wife.

Reactions: 2
K
Think Bailey loves the attention to be honest. I'm from Cork and the local rumours are also about a detective who used to drive his own personal car and was desperate for the women. The fact a big farm gate covered in blood can go missing also makes no sense.

I know one of the witnesses who said he told him he did it and I wouldn't believe a word they say myself to be honest. And Marie farrell should have been charged I don't know how they can believe either of her stories as she was so sure each time. Think she was paid off.
Ooh, who do you know???

Reactions: 1
Think Bailey loves the attention to be honest. I'm from Cork and the local rumours are also about a detective who used to drive his own personal car and was desperate for the women. The fact a big farm gate covered in blood can go missing also makes no sense.

I know one of the witnesses who said he told him he did it and I wouldn't believe a word they say myself to be honest. And Marie farrell should have been charged I don't know how they can believe either of her stories as she was so sure each time. Think she was paid off.
Why wasn't Marie Farrell charged with perjury ? Maybe she was being protected.

Why wasn't Marie Farrell charged with perjury ? Maybe she was being protected.
I had a notion. Maybe she’s on the game and told the police that she would name Bailey if they didn’t prosecute her for solicitation, not thinking it would become an international enquiry and it just got wildly out of hand.

obviously pure speculation on my part but I’ve absolutely no idea why she would continue to lie and protect whoever she was with to such an extent, would explain why she was there that late and why she hasn’t been charged with anything.

Reactions: 2
I always think ian bailey is so cocky in his total insistence that he didn't do it...so what if hes so confident he didnt because he knows who did....maybe it was jules...she could have found out ian was interested or attracted to Sophie, they could have both went to her home after the night of drinking and a row got out of hand and jules killed her, would explain why Sophie wouldn't have been afraid to let them in if it was a couple and not just a man alone...also would explain why they were burning clothes etc afterwards, and would explain why jules stuck with him because he might have threatened to tell the guards what happened. Jules changed her story many times as did ian....I dont know it's pure random theory but I feel like there more to it if he is involved, I feel like jules knows more/was involved somehow

He would absolutely throw Jules under the bus if it was her who did it. She was just a place to sleep for him I think.

I think Jules and Ian split up recently. He a spirit crusher if I ever saw one.

Reactions: 3
I just hate the fact that he has taken over all the focus of this case. Why is there no focus on Marie Farrell lying, the guards incompetence and the missing evidence

i just finished the netflix one and read this thread, the story really upset me 💔 i haven't watched the sky one or listened to the podcast but i 100% will. can't say who did it but i can say that: 1. ian bailey should be behind bars simply for what he did to jules, when that kind man was describing how the daughters were asking for help and how useless he felt it broke my heart; and 2. marie farrell is more annoying than dolores umbridge

Reactions: 10
I’m part-way through the Netflix documentary, and honestly think the lot of them are being paid off by someone in the Gardaí. Marie Farrell’s stories sound like huge, fanciful sign posts to direct us to Ian Bailey. Ian Bailey was definitely being fed the information by whoever, and his own desperate desire to both make money from his journalism and keep himself relevant are keeping him quiet on the matter.

i just finished the netflix one and read this thread, the story really upset me 💔 i haven't watched the sky one or listened to the podcast but i 100% will. can't say who did it but i can say that: 1. ian bailey should be behind bars simply for what he did to jules, when that kind man was describing how the daughters were asking for help and how useless he felt it broke my heart; and 2. marie farrell is more annoying than dolores umbridge
Dolores Umbridge 🤣

• Haha
Nothing will convince me that this wasn't a date, despite what they say!
Turns out she was interviewing him for her column in the Sunday Independent.

According to the tabloids it seems they've since had a falling out - a war of words has ensued etc.

Reactions: 3