Sophie Toscan du Pantier. Netflix & Sky crime.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would go as far as doubting whether Marie Farrell was even out that night, whether with a man or anyone at all. Absolute fantasist trying to insert herself into news and unfortunately has been very successful doing so. Nothing she says can or should be considered. She has done a world of damage into truth and fairness ever being done for poor Sophie and her family.

Reactions: 15
I’d find it hard to believe Sophie was having an affair that no one knew about neighbours would immediately notice a car or person if they called regularly plus she had no curtains, not much happens in rural Ireland without someone seeing something and usually everyone knows your business, someone definitely knows something! I get that it’s a remote area but the more remote the more neighbours will notice a strange car passing.
The Garda incompetence is a disgrace not just locally but the lack or response from higher ranks and headquarters
A friend of mine is from the area my understanding was that locally people believe IB to be guilty who admits to murder? If he was set up would he not have been able to prove his innocence Garda cover up theory to me seems far fetched would it not be almost impossible to pull off and involve too many people?
Hopefully the truth will out but I do feel the victim Sophie is almost forgotten as a person in it all desperately sad for her family.

Reactions: 5
I don't think Ian Bailey did it. He loved being a suspect and talking about it. Saying that,in the articles he wrote and conversations he had around the time of Sophie's murder, he did seem to know things in advance.
Very disturbing.

Reactions: 2
I don't think Ian Bailey did it. He loved being a suspect and talking about it. Saying that,in the articles he wrote and conversations he had around the time of Sophie's murder, he did seem to know things in advance.
Very disturbing.
Iv watched /read /listened to that much I forget where I heard or saw this but it came up somewhere that guards were tipping him off and then using it to make him look guilty

He first said about a murder at 10.45 though, the Gardai hardly knew at that stage not to mind trying to set someone else up.....

Reactions: 1
He first said about a murder at 10.45 though, the Gardai hardly knew at that stage not to mind trying to set someone else up.....
Rather conveniently they apparently set up the one person whose partner later changed her statement to say he had actually left the house that night and who confessed to several different people. That took great foresight.

I'm watching the 'Murder at the Cottage' series and have finished the 'West Cork' podcast which has a lot more information in it.Ian Bailey allegedly has very strong narcissistic tendencies. If he has , he will have an obsessive need to be centre stage, to be thought of as special and if there is no drama, they will create it. They also think they are superior to everyone else and can bamboozle you. In reality they can't but that is one of their weaknesses. I wouldn't put it past Bailey to have burned the clothes on purpose and to confessed to 11 people etc, thinking he could totally control the situation.

I'm watching the 'Murder at the Cottage' series and have finished the 'West Cork' podcast which has a lot more information in it.Ian Bailey allegedly has very strong narcissistic tendencies. If he has , he will have an obsessive need to be centre stage, to be thought of as special and if there is no drama, they will create it. They also think they are superior to everyone else and can bamboozle you. In reality they can't but that is one of their weaknesses. I wouldn't put it past Bailey to have burned the clothes on purpose and to confessed to 11 people etc, thinking he could totally control the situation.
Me too.. I know a lot of people won’t understand that and when I have conversations with some about this they think I’m crazy.. I’m no psychologist but i do have an honours degree and take particular interest in psychology.. I don’t think he did it but I think he enjoyed the attention and the speculation to a certain extent

Reactions: 3
I think whomever killed Sophie had to be a resident. Her house was so remote and it was midwinter so it had to be someone who knew it well. She had been in bed , had boots on which weren't laced properly and left her keys in the door. Maybe someone had come to the house and had tried to assault her and she'd run off but was then caught. RIP Sophie. 🌹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In the Jim Sheridan documentary they showed blood on the outside of the front door to the cottage how did that get there?

Jesus don't talk to me about that gate I could never understand it!! Irish gardai like 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can see a garda's gate breaking ah sure there's a gate up the back of the station sure I'll just use that it'll be grand!!

• Haha
But there’s also evidence that there’s pages missing from the book of evidence. They were torn out of it

Like why would someone in the guards do that. There’s way too much focus on Ian Bailey and not enough on the fact that crucial evidence went missing…… the guards were recorded over the phone in the station bribing witnesses…

Think Bailey loves the attention to be honest. I'm from Cork and the local rumours are also about a detective who used to drive his own personal car and was desperate for the women. The fact a big farm gate covered in blood can go missing also makes no sense.

I know one of the witnesses who said he told him he did it and I wouldn't believe a word they say myself to be honest. And Marie farrell should have been charged I don't know how they can believe either of her stories as she was so sure each time. Think she was paid off.

Reactions: 4
Think Bailey loves the attention to be honest. I'm from Cork and the local rumours are also about a detective who used to drive his own personal car and was desperate for the women. The fact a big farm gate covered in blood can go missing also makes no sense.

I know one of the witnesses who said he told him he did it and I wouldn't believe a word they say myself to be honest. And Marie farrell should have been charged I don't know how they can believe either of her stories as she was so sure each time. Think she was paid off.
I wondered about the credibility of them witnesses too

Didn't realise there was a thread for this but fascinated to read everyone's take. I too am not fully convinced Ian did it tbh. I mean don't get me wrong, he comes across as a complete narcissitic hole and not a good guy, but the whole time I was watching it, it just felt off for me. Will have to try and find the Sky version as I've only seen the Netflix one.

Didn't realise there was a thread for this but fascinated to read everyone's take. I too am not fully convinced Ian did it tbh. I mean don't get me wrong, he comes across as a complete narcissitic hole and not a good guy, but the whole time I was watching it, it just felt off for me. Will have to try and find the Sky version as I've only seen the Netflix one.
Also listen to the west cork podcast it's the best of the lot