Sophie Guidolin #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids aren’t yet teens, but are shoes and clothes really what teenagers ask for?
I know! So bloody awful - especially Kai, obvious that he's just getting basics, at the least the others have some things as well as clothes and shoes.

I can understand shoes maybe - fancy sneakers are a thing for teens lol. But sounds like such minimal effort for Kai considering the others all have some extra things on their list :cry:

She is vile, such a self-centred women.

Reactions: 4
My kids aren’t yet teens, but are shoes and clothes really what teenagers ask for? Wouldn’t that be just normal during the year purchases? Even the young twin girls are getting a PS5!
Clothes and shoes are all year in our house, with the exception of 'special' clothes or shoes (dress ups, fancy) which they would consider the kind of thing they'd only get as a gift. Experiences are all year as well. We don't buy toys, bikes, play equipment etc throughout the year, so that's the kind of thing we give at birthdays and Christmas.

I know! So bloody awful - especially Kai, obvious that he's just getting basics, at the least the others have some things as well as clothes and shoes.

I can understand shoes maybe - fancy sneakers are a thing for teens lol. But sounds like such minimal effort for Kai considering the others all have some extra things on their list :cry:

She is vile, such a self-centred women.
Why post that list which shows how starkly different the gift giving is among the kids? Kai's getting tit on repeatedly. First the wedding, now this. It's disgusting that she is playing out her punishments on SM. Charli is getting more than the other kids. Are the twins sharing the keyboard? My twins are listed as individual people on our lists, who get their own gifts. Something like a game console would be shared, but other stuff...even a keyboard, would be one each.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I hate siding with Sophie on this one but my teens Christmas lists are 90% clothes and shoes and have been for a couple of years now. This year was a lot of different Nike shoe styles, Dr Martens, White Fox Hoodies, Nike Tech Fleece Clothes (these are generally around $110 each for a jacket and trackies). I don’t buy them $150 plus shoes during the year (except for sport) so if they want them, they either save their pocket money/work pay and buy them or they can add them to their Christmas/birthday lists.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hate siding with Sophie on this one but my teens Christmas lists are 90% clothes and shoes and have been for a couple of years now. This year was a lot of different Nike shoe styles, Dr Martens, White Fox Hoodies, Nike Tech Fleece Clothes. I don’t buy them $150 plus shoes during the year (except for sport) so if they want them, they either save their pocket money/work pay and buy them or they can add them to their Christmas/birthday lists.
I agree with you on that. Our kids are little, so if they get clothes and shoes for Christmas presents it's things like costumes and light up Sketchers 😆. Otherwise, it's regular clothes and shoes all year. I think given that Charli's getting multiple other presents besides clothes and shoes, they could do the same for Kai. Or she could not post the list at all.

I agree with you on that. Our kids are little, so if they get clothes and shoes for Christmas presents it's things like costumes and light up Sketchers 😆. Otherwise, it's regular clothes and shoes all year. I think given that Charli's getting multiple other presents besides clothes and shoes, they could do the same for Kai. Or she could not post the list at all.
Back to the wedding. At 3 weddings in, surely you'd ask your sons to walk you down the isle? I can't imagine it would have the same emotions and feelings for either the bride or the dad on the 3rd go.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think the issue is that the kids are getting clothes I think it’s the fact the latest dick got a 12k coffee machine and his present is being kept a secret while all the kids presents have been listed. It’s also very obvious by that list that Kai is in the bad books. If Sophie could spin this Kai story for full sympathy she would, I believe she has kept quiet on it because kai is NOT happy about the marriage.

Reactions: 6
Are we just assuming bio dad is supportive? If it's the guy you guys found he has a whole other family with kids. Given he's hardly seen Kai for years I'd assume he doesn't want a disgruntled teen on his doorstep especially near his other kids due to potential influence.

And if he's an army man there is no way he has a relaxed style of parenting like Sophie. So would Kai even run towards that?

It would make more sense to go to Nath as he could be with his sisters.
Though this is all just assumptions.
Lol my dad is quite high up in the army and he is the most chill dad 😂 so you just never know. He is still their dad after all and maybe Sophie has mad it difficult for him to actually see his kids and might be taking the opportunity to get to know his son.
Hopefully he just has support from a responsible male figure in general if not his bio dad or step dad. But looks like he was in Brisbane

Reactions: 1

New thread

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.