Sophie Cachia #10 One star book reviews, family & ex friends want to sue, soon it will be Sophie who?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
House of 1000 Arches - hilarious. It's all just horrendous!!! I hate everything about her house - all those pastal colours, dried flowers, brass fittings and terrible artwork. Nothing elegant, classical or beautiful about it - it was off trend the second they moved in!!
Who told her she could be an interior designer 😭😭😭

Reactions: 3
I reckon that calendar page is from last year and they’ve just used it in the background of the story cos it looks full.
The socially ‘Em event was in Perth and Hobart because that’s where Maddie played last year.
I don’t think so because the SociallyEm “event” was on the 20th March last year and the planner she showed had a date in the teens. I think it’s more she was planning on conning SociallyEm into plugging her book and arranging something else. Of course this was all before the erupting mass of diarrhoea that is her novel came out. Not so much a memoir but a work of fiction loosely based on true events.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
God, so many gorgeous venues she could have used in Bendigo and she’s scored the CLT aka Circular Lecture Theatre. Fitting really. Last time I checked it’s a brown bricked room straight from the 1970’s. Not somewhere I’d be serving ‘nibbles and wine’

Sorry I correct myself…… Grazing and Prosecco 😂😂😂😂. The food trucks will look gawjess plonked on the oval….
Maybe she chose CLT because it kind of looks like Clit? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Honestly that whole black diamond engagement and wedding set is just hideous. And not the diamond - I think dark coloured stones can be beautiful. It's just so big and bulky and showy! No one needs anything that size on their fingers.

And I do feel similar about extreme OTT white diamonds (AKA Kardashian showy 100 carat rings) its unnecessary.
Remember her second ring Jaryd had made and surprised her with on her wedding day?

Attachments

Reactions: 1
My favourite comment on the post launching Sophia’s exclusive, highly requested, worldwide tour of regional Vic:

762695F2-B17F-4070-B07D-030DEABD65BD.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 55
So I know a little bit about the Australian publishing industry so I’m willing to speculate on a few things.

As a memoir writer she would have been published based on followers/profile. Pretty easy to do.

Getting her manuscript ready for publishing would have been on her. It would be up to her to get someone to proofread/edit it. I highly doubt they paid her much for it and her publicity budget is probably mostly self funded or a tax write off. Hence the changing around of places, dates etc. She’d be changing them based on feedback and engagement. Also, the fact she did the audible herself is pretty telling. Why would you when you could shell out for someone to read it for you? Or at least get coaching on how to sound good.

Unless you yourself can get people to buy your books there’s really no money in it. I think she just pitched the memoir and did it for clout/ego. I mean she’s no David Goggins.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm still trying to come go term's with the fact that she paid almost a million dollars for a house that looks like a Rendered Ex housing commission home from the outside. Her back fence must literally be on the freeway. I work in Tullamarine quiet a but, I need to check the shituation out for myself one day.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm still trying to come go term's with the fact that she paid almost a million dollars for a house that looks like a Rendered Ex housing commission home from the outside. Her back fence must literally be on the freeway. I work in Tullamarine quiet a but, I need to check the shituation out for myself one day.
You can see the big green freeway sign from the pool. Tropical Tullamarine vibes🛣✌

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Its is!! On the other side of that enormous very unattractive back fence/barrier, next to the 1970 pool that takes up the entire backyard, is the bloody freeway!!! I mean WRF is she thinking!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So I know a little bit about the Australian publishing industry so I’m willing to speculate on a few things.

As a memoir writer she would have been published based on followers/profile. Pretty easy to do.

Getting her manuscript ready for publishing would have been on her. It would be up to her to get someone to proofread/edit it. I highly doubt they paid her much for it and her publicity budget is probably mostly self funded or a tax write off. Hence the changing around of places, dates etc. She’d be changing them based on feedback and engagement. Also, the fact she did the audible herself is pretty telling. Why would you when you could shell out for someone to read it for you? Or at least get coaching on how to sound good.

Unless you yourself can get people to buy your books there’s really no money in it. I think she just pitched the memoir and did it for clout/ego. I mean she’s no David Goggins.
Thank you for your insight!
I have a question... do you think she would have been paid a lump sum for the book? Or would she receive a cut for every copy sold? And if this is the case, would it be a set $$ amount for each copy sold, or a % of what the book was sold for?

No Bec. You’re better than this.
I actually like how Bec supports everyone 😂

Will we find it at Vinnies Brighton the same as Lorinska’s tracksuit that she was #gifted prior to launch ( lorinska was also a Leah Betts product.)

I think that was the death of lorinskas business.

God, so many gorgeous venues she could have used in Bendigo and she’s scored the CLT aka Circular Lecture Theatre. Fitting really. Last time I checked it’s a brown bricked room straight from the 1970’s. Not somewhere I’d be serving ‘nibbles and wine’

Sorry I correct myself…… Grazing and Prosecco 😂😂😂😂. The food trucks will look gawjess plonked on the oval….
It is absolutely bizarre to me that she would hold this event at the University on a Sunday afternoon?! Why on earth would food trucks be there at that time? I live quite close by and the Uni really isn’t the most user-friendly place to get around unless you’re already familiar with the campus and I daresay most of her fans have not attended Latrobe or indeed any other university (no shade there because neither have I 🙋🏻‍♀️). It’s also nowhere near the CBD. I wonder if anyone will show up- close to $100 a ticket is just insane.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.