Sophie and Dave #4 Dave’s still so flabby, Sophie’s so grabby, they're not ready for the babby!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a bad name. Cute for maybe a couple of years but when you’re older would you really want to be called Barney 😂 i mean you couldn’t even shorten it. Poor kid

Reactions: 2
It’s a bad name. Cute for maybe a couple of years but when you’re older would you really want to be called Barney 😂 i mean you couldn’t even shorten it. Poor kid
Exactly! There was a boy in my class waaaay back like ‘93 I was six 🙈 and people would constantly sing the barney dinosaur song to him, it didn’t help that it was everywhere at the time and he was a big lad too.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Have they confirmed that Barney won’t have a middle name? I know many people don’t but my son has 2 middle names, so I’m fond of them 🤣

Reactions: 3
I’ll get hate for this but I quite like the name Barney. It was on my list of potential baby names, obviously it’s off now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ll get hate for this but I quite like the name Barney. It was on my list of potential baby names, obviously it’s off now 😂
It’s not that I hate the name, I personally hate the name Barney Brown together 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Have they confirmed that Barney won’t have a middle name? I know many people don’t but my son has 2 middle names, so I’m fond of them 🤣
They're probably saving that for another click bait title 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’ll get shorted to Barn if he ends up the size of his dad, kids are cruel. Barney is a tit name, 100% reminds me of that dinosaur 😂

Reactions: 6
I saw that someone commented about the connection to the barnstormer, and they replied saying that Barnstormer will probably be their nickname. Poor kid. Imagine the name Barney when they’re a teenager.

Barney Carter, Barney Meldrum, Barney Lamb, Barney Eden Billington, Barney Tate.

I’m using influencer names and making a list of acceptable “Barney” names when added to another surname.

barney brown is like the unfortunate little brother of Charlie Brown.

barn brown,
The only way you can shorten that name is “barn”

he’s like an outdoor colour chart.
“moss green” “barn brown”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At least it isn't another Arlo, Alfie, Finn. My eyes literally roll back in my head when someone uses such common names like Amelia for a girl. Put some effort in rather than the millions of others of those!

Reactions: 4
Excuse me whilst I interrupt my usual Sophie and Dave snark to white knight.

Kids are cruel.

If they want to bully someone they will find a way. I was bullied for my name... My appearance... My level of intelligence... What I wore... Where I lived... My parent's jobs... I never fought back, but inside I would tell myself things that I knew where true 'I'm smarter than you' , 'I'll have a better job than you someday' and even petty things like, 'I have a nicer house than you'.

Sophie and Dave should concentrate on raising a little boy who is a good person with a strong sense of self worth. They can let the parents of future bullies worry about how they will raise their children to not pick on someone simply because of their name.

If they had chosen a name like Banana Brown, then maybe I would be concerned but Barney is fine, and I imagine it will probably grow in popularity as names do go in and out of fashion. 10 years ago Arthur scrapped into the Top 100 and I'm sure people who chose it for their son had people turn their noses up and say it's an 'old man's name', but now it's in the Top 10.

Reactions: 9
They could shorten it to Arnie? 🤷🏻‍♀️ But then they may as well just say the B if that’s the case

Barney Brown is bad. I guess Barney the Dinosaur won’t be such a cultural touchstone for kids being born these days, but still. And it’s particularly unfortunate if he ends up being obese like his dad. The name seems quite downmarket to me, is it considered posh in Cheshire circles?

Is Sophie’s nephew’s full name Wilfred or just Wilf? I can’t tell from her sister’s Instagram.

Maybe Wilfred because on her story she has screenshotted the Boris announcment and circled Wilfred...

Reactions: 3
Can’t stop cringing at daves singing 🙈🙈 the fact that he’s doing that in Sophie’s mums house aswell when her brother and sister(S)? Are all there and can hear it 😅🙈🙈🙈

Can’t stop cringing at daves singing 🙈🙈 the fact that he’s doing that in Sophie’s mums house aswell when her brother and sister(S)? Are all there and can hear it 😅🙈🙈🙈
Dave's random bursting into song moments make me cringe. Can you imagine living in that house, perhaps taking a nap or something and then you hear him bellowing some random song for all to hear. It'd piss me right off.

I don't really know what to say for the baby name reveal. I am glad they did it one video though, there really is no need to keep it dragging on.

I think Sophie's story with the Barney dinosaur was a little petty. I have a feeling they both read on here and that's why she's posted that story.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.