Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spinmum

Chatty Member
I think those were a “gift” from dave’s parents
What ALL the gym stuff? 😱 i knew they got him the sand bag and the bench, but the cage and the weight lifting stuff? There’s over a grand in the cage alone 😱

Reactions: 1

Dita84

I've mentioned before that I work for a charity that helps people claim disability benefits, there is absolutely no way that Dave is getting anything.

His life is not affected by being obese, it's just not that easy to claim.
You have a point score system, and you have to make so many points in each section the forms are many pages long. Plus provide evidence from health professional to back up your claims, he can cook clean exercise dress himself etc so no points awarded.
My point was more towards the people saying that you can't claim because of being morbidly obese. Or that you can't claim if you can work.

deejvillage

VIP Member
As much as I still hate them, that mini upload I felt was the most genuine thing I have seen from them in years. They wont get any money for that as videos have to be a certain length, I believe, before it is monetised. If they were more like this I would be less critical...maybe...however it might be I'm just in a good mood today.

Dita84

lola is 100% correct , I probably say this on every bloody thread so I’m getting a bit sick of explaining 🤣 but I’m not surprised if they are getting £1500 for some of the ADs they do , and that is before you calculate revenue from videos , affiliate links , merch etc .. if they are on benefits I will be gobsmacked

I’m sure their ad revenue is less than when they did that Q&A now but they’re still doing a fair few ADs on Instagram and YouTube
Not all benefits are means tested.

Dita84

Just to make it really really clear, they aren’t getting any more money from the government than the minimum, they will have just made a lot from Instagram ADs and have family support, people might not like it but Sophie if she did one AD a month she would make more than me and most of you, it’s shit, but it’s not forever and they’ll be out of money before too long if the load hasn’t sent them over the edge (although she did a lot of ads not long after they got it) and this is why their industry needs to be more regulated and their salary’s should be capped/published
How do you know this?