Sophie and Dave #10 Dave relaxing 4 all he's worth, he deserves it after his miracle birth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why didn’t they give something back to their fans and do a give away for the imperfect pins! They could have done a random pick and sent them out to them?!

Or at least sent poor old Mary one 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Why didn’t they give something back to their fans and do a give away for the imperfect pins! They could have done a random pick and sent them out to them?!

Or at least sent poor old Mary one 😜
Mary's pin should be 18 karat gold and diamond encrusted... She's paid for it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I haven’t watched the video as I refuse to give them the views and I can’t find it on hooktube. Lol

Did they announce that they are making another bleeping pin?

If they are then that’s obviously the reason they haven’t addressed Dave’s job situation yet.

Cue the fake tears “I lost my job” click bait video the day before they release the pins!

• Angry
Reactions: 12
The thing that concerns me - alongside the not working - is there doesn't even seem to be any thought going toward the future. If they aren't working, they're not gaining National Insurance years for even a minimal pension, let alone not paying into a private/ workplace one.

Dave just baffles me - doesn't seem to want to face reality. Can only assume people are telling him but he's just not seeing it (the whole comment re. His body producing a baby was the weirdest, most out of touch thing I've seen anyone say...)

Reactions: 13
I haven’t watched the video as I refuse to give them the views and I can’t find it on hooktube. Lol

Did they announce that they are making another bleeping pin?

If they are then that’s obviously the reason they haven’t addressed Dave’s job situation yet.

Cue the fake tears “I lost my job” click bait video the day before they release the pins!
😂 yes they are! Spoiler alert, they said it will be a Barney pin.
I mean let’s be honest we all saw another one coming this year, in time to fund Barneys first Christmas but I think it’s coming quite a lot sooner than we thought.
They’re actually blocking comments at the moment around Daves job. A few people on here have very politely asked when he’s going back to work and they’re either getting deleted within a few minutes or not showing at all 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Angry
What gets me is they could have really used all the stuff that happens this year to market themselves as super relatable and down to earth.

Sophie could have made lots of pregnancy updates on her channel talking about how it feels to be expecting in a pandemic, come shop with me/come pack with me for hospital etc. They could be talking about how tough furlough is, and they could even be bleeping claiming universal credit and discuss it open and honestly.

Views would roll in because millions in the UK are in the same position as them and they’d be coming off as way more relatable than people like BrummyMummy who has been on two bleeping holidays this year.

But instead they’re just messing about playing at being mega popular influencers and banging out crappy merch. They’d actually get more money marketing themselves as “just like one of you!” being on the dole with a young family because more people would watch them.

Reactions: 15
The reality has been for us is that jobs are scarce to come by right now. Unemployment in my area has at least doubled since Covid and my partner hasn’t had any work since he was sent home from his seasonal work in France in March. He applied for every supermarket around us and had no luck. He’s applied for housekeeping jobs, cleaning jobs, factory jobs and nothing. He has worked for 15 years in hospitality with a lot of management experience and he is really struggling to find anything.
I’m sure if they aren’t addressing the question then it’s most likely he just doesn’t want to go back, but job hunting right now isn’t as easy as it may seem.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Dave just baffles me - doesn't seem to want to face reality. Can only assume people are telling him but he's just not seeing it (the whole comment re. His body producing a baby was the weirdest, most out of touch thing I've seen anyone say...)

People tell him all the time. Someone asked him once if he would join a slimming club and he said no as clubs don’t work for him. A few years ago he mentioned the dr told him to diet but he said he ignored her as he knew better (he actually said that). It was in one of the vlogs he was actually going to the gym and he was walking home.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Refusing to watch the video after hearing you guys saying they're making a new pin. I cant believe it, i know we all joked one would be out soon but i thought a year later would be cheeky, not less than 6 months!!!!
People are bleeping stupid, they see them being gifted stuff, and renting a lovely house, and they STILL want to give them money.
Also bloody weird having a pin of a baby.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
The reality has been for us is that jobs are scarce to come by right now. Unemployment in my area has at least doubled since Covid and my partner hasn’t had any work since he was sent home from his seasonal work in France in March. He applied for every supermarket around us and had no luck. He’s applied for housekeeping jobs, cleaning jobs, factory jobs and nothing. He has worked for 15 years in hospitality with a lot of management experience and he is really struggling to find anything.
I’m sure if they aren’t addressing the question then it’s most likely he just doesn’t want to go back, but job hunting right now isn’t as easy as it may seem.
They live close to me in an area that has several large towns/cities in commuting distance. If Dave could be bothered to pass his driving test, Manchester, Liverpool, Crewe, Warrington, Ellsmere Port, the different towns in Cheshire - all have job opportunities. They seem to type who expect to have it handed to them. Wouldn’t surprise me if they aren’t planning for their retirement and putting money away because they are expecting an Inheritance from someone. I have a friend whose the same.

Sophie said she was going to do regular pregnancy updates on her channel but managed 2 I think? That was a great opportunity for her to get some views and more subs.

Reactions: 7
They're the Bare Minimum Browns: put the least effort in but want to yield the maximum reward.

Personally, I want to see Dave donning a baseball cap (the right way around), and saying, 'Welcome to McDonald's. I'm Dave, and I'll be taking your order today.'

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I used to enjoy their videos but it got to the point where I’d feel sick when Dave would tell Sophie “I love you so much” every 5 minutes.

I’d love to know what their parents think of the whole work/income situation and how utterly useless Dave the oaf is. Surely he must feel a little embarrassed about the fact he’s out of work and not providing for his family? I haven’t watched any vlogs for a few weeks - is he still obsessing over his bloody garage gym and his daily macros? If so he really needs to get his priorities sorted.
If my husband was in his position I know full well that my parents and his would be concerned about him not working. I don’t get why Dave seems to think that not working or being able to drive when you’ve got a newborn is ok. You’ve got a family to look after Dave, sort yourself out!

I just wish they would address the work situation and be honest. If Dave has lost his job then tell us. They won’t lose followers because he’s out of work, surely people would respect them more for being honest.

I can’t believe they’re releasing another pin so soon either - what a joke!

Reactions: 15
I can't get over how creepy a pin of a random baby would be. Why would anyone want that. Sadly, you know people will buy it in droves too.

People tell him all the time. Someone asked him once if he would join a slimming club and he said no as clubs don’t work for him. A few years ago he mentioned the dr told him to diet but he said he ignored her as he knew better (he actually said that). It was in one of the vlogs he was actually going to the gym and he was walking home.
Would be interested to see this is anyone v remembers v the vlog

Reactions: 1
I used to enjoy their videos but it got to the point where I’d feel sick when Dave would tell Sophie “I love you so much” every 5 minutes.

I’d love to know what their parents think of the whole work/income situation and how utterly useless Dave the oaf is. Surely he must feel a little embarrassed about the fact he’s out of work and not providing for his family? I haven’t watched any vlogs for a few weeks - is he still obsessing over his bloody garage gym and his daily macros? If so he really needs to get his priorities sorted.
If my husband was in his position I know full well that my parents and his would be concerned about him not working. I don’t get why Dave seems to think that not working or being able to drive when you’ve got a newborn is ok. You’ve got a family to look after Dave, sort yourself out!

I just wish they would address the work situation and be honest. If Dave has lost his job then tell us. They won’t lose followers because he’s out of work, surely people would respect them more for being honest.

I can’t believe they’re releasing another pin so soon either - what a joke!
Same! I guess they probably exaggerate their YouTube earnings a bit to compensate for the fact Dave isn’t working? And the fact they pulled 10k in so easily from their last pin sale was probably some reassurance for their families.

daves “I love you sooo much” all the time is just sickening. Nobody wants to hear that. Keep it off camera. I hate the fake conversations they have together on camera too E.g Dave thanking soph for letting him sleep and her thanking him for sorting the grass .. surely you’d say thanks as soon as they had done it, not later on camera? 🤨 the sleeping situation is just weird anyway .. if she is sleeping 10-3 and then starting when “she’s responsible for Barney” is Dave sleeping 3-8 so it’s equal? It seemed he slept much more than that from the vlog the other day

Reactions: 7
I am actually shocked (though realise I really shouldn't be!)that they are doing another pin now. I even thought they wouldn't do one until well into next year!

Reactions: 5
People bought a life like replica doll of the ingham family's baby...
I remember that coming out and they got so much sh*t for it!
I can’t imagine Sophie and Dave doing anything like that as I can imagine it’s a very expensive product to make.
I can’t wait to see what this next pin is going to be...not! Probably a dinosaur wearing Minnie ears 🙄

Reactions: 3
Fair enough if he’s still furloughed but I really don’t think he is. They’re deleting comments now when people ask.
Yet they expect people to support them 🤷🏼‍♀️
They are waiting to tell people in October when furlough ends and they can release their pin for Dave.
‘Help Dave live his dream of being a bum! He’s made it 34 years why not a few more? All proceeds will go to supporting us because he can’t.‘

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t think Dave has lost his job, otherwise we would be hearing the sob story and having click bait “I’ve lost my job [sad face]“ I think he’s either still furloughed or he quit...

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.